Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 63 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: MERGED: Mike Wallace tweets about homosexuals

1. -61
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    we should cut him
    Quote Quote  

2. -62
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Dolphins Homer
    Its always freedom of speech until you might offend someone. I wish we could get over who is doing who in this society because it doesn't matter nor should it be part of our daily media feed. I wouldnt care if a Fin was gay- but i dont need to know about it. Who they are shagging doesnt mean a thing in winning games. I don't care that Wallace tweeted that - its not homophobic, its funny. Especially funny coming from a guy who just signed a $60mik contract, lives in south beach, and prob knows beautiful women quite well.
    Quote Quote  

3. -63
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by truedolfan57 View Post
    agree 100%. I see nothing wrong with this tweet. He's not bashing gays. just saying he doesn't understand. and I agree with him too.
    Yea, he dosent understand. Thats called ignorance. Ignorance is the lack of knowledge.

Since you see nothing wrong with his tweet and admit the same ignorance, let me help you understand.

1) We are human beings
    2) Human beings have a need to be touched by other human beings. Its often an emotional attachment. Its right up there with food and water for our basic well being
    3) A part of this is sexual activity.
    4) Sex is very enjoyable. I understand you may not yet be aware of this.
    5) Sometimes humans have sex just for the physical pleasure. Not all humans do but, its completely normal.
    6) Some humans are sexually attracted to members of the opposite sex, some are attracted to the same sex, some to both. It isnt a choice on their part, its just how their brains work. Its not abnormal as throughout history many humans have been ****, bi, and heterosexual.

So basically whats the big deal? Why is there a need to make ignorant comments like Wallace's? I dont see what is so difficult to follow. Some humans enjoy sex with the opposite sex, some both, some with only the same sex. I dont care who other people are having sex with.
    Quote Quote  

4. -64
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks

Mike Wallace tweets about homosexuals

Great... A homophobe in south beach. This will work out just great.

I still can't believe these guys are dumb enough to tweet out random obviously controversial stuff on twitter and not think of the eventual blowback.
    FIRE FAILBIN
    Quote Quote  

5. -65
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    He didn't just say it out of the blue. He said it in reference to Jason Collins just coming out. It's this type of mindset that has led to so many gay men being afraid to come out while actively playing. It was a stupid tweet
    Soooo did anyone ask Collins to come out and say he's gay? He didn't have to say that either. I don't go around announcing that i'm heterosexual. All he's saying is that he doesn't understand it. Just like a homosexual could say they don't understand how men like women. We're all a tad bit too sensitive.
    Quote Quote  

6. -66
    I like boobs.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phin-o-rama View Post
    we should cut him
    LMAO.

I guess we better get rid of this emoticon too. I can't believe everyone's not up in arms. This is too offensive. We should disband Finheaven.

Quote Quote  

7. -67
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

RE: Mike Wallace tweets about homosexuals

Quote Originally Posted by JTech194 View Post
    That's his opinion, and he should be able to give it. If a homosexual said "all these beautiful guys in the world and men want to mess with women... " I wouldn't see a problem with that either, we all have opinions, not sure why we have to live in a society where people can't share them. it's sad.
    I agree you should be able to say your opinion without having to be PC but he is a public figure in a country that is overly sensitive to anything that might slightly hurt someone's feelings.

Im not worried about him looking like an a$$ (yes you are free to have your opinion some of them automatically qualify you for a$$hat status) I am worried about how the organization that just gave you millions to be the face of this team looks. Whether or not he knows or cares he hurt the teams brand by saying that and now Ross will have to change the logo to something even more gay friendly than the abortion we have now. ;-)
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Quote Quote  

8. -68
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitches Brew View Post
    Wow. Not sure what's worse: Mike Wallace saying something ignorant and childish, or FH posters giving him a pass by saying it's just 'his opinion'. Cmon now. He made himself look like an uneducated, small-minded moron and people are cool with it.
    I respect the rights of people to say dumb **** every day on a wide variety of issues, I'm not sure why I should suddenly take a stand against free speech because Mike Wallace said something dumb about homosexuality.
    "Society became divided into camps in which no man trusted his fellow. To put an end to this, there was neither promise to be depended upon, nor oath that could command respect; but all parties dwelling rather in their calculation upon the hopelessness of a permanent state of things, were more intent upon self-defence than capable of confidence." - Thucydides, probably predicting the rise of internet message boards
    Quote Quote  

9. -69
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruckus45 View Post
    Its always freedom of speech until you might offend someone. I wish we could get over who is doing who in this society because it doesn't matter nor should it be part of our daily media feed. I wouldnt care if a Fin was gay- but i dont need to know about it. Who they are shagging doesnt mean a thing in winning games. I don't care that Wallace tweeted that - its not homophobic, its funny. Especially funny coming from a guy who just signed a $60mik contract, lives in south beach, and prob knows beautiful women quite well.
    Homosexuals have inferior lives in the eyes of the law. It's a justice issue which is why it gets talked about, as it should.
    Quote Quote  

10. -70
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    A person has a right to voice thier opinion in this country, I gave five years of my life, my grandfather was a POW in WWII, I lost a great uncle and all of my great uncles served in WWII and two members of my family served in Nam. So if you're butthurt because someone voices thier opinion, well, it's your right to disagree with them. but i'm not going to bash him for exercising his right as an american to voice his opinion. Doesn't mean I agree with it or condone it. At the same time if you say something like that, you're not free from the backlash. So speak up america, but please recongnize that every action could have reactions.

Quote Quote