Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 63 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: MERGED: Mike Wallace tweets about homosexuals

1. -71
    VIPeezy

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Montreal, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Congrats Mike, story already being picked up by the media. Fact is, you should have shut your mouth, now you're being torn into for a stupid comment that brought absolutely no value whatsoever.

http://deadspin.com/mike-wallace-has...ium=socialflow
    Sig courtesy of @dolfan565

Quote Quote  

2. -72
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    I respect the rights of people to say dumb **** every day on a wide variety of issues, I'm not sure why I should suddenly take a stand against free speech because Mike Wallace said something dumb about homosexuality.
    He can say it all he wants. And you can respect his right to say it. But dismissing it as 'just his opinion' without criticism is just irresponsible and enabling. It was a dumb thing to say. Raise the bar.
    Quote Quote  

3. -73
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas, NV
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox Logo
Gift received at 07-03-2014, 03:24 PM from CallMeDaddyChevy Logo
Gift received at 06-24-2014, 08:43 PM from D0lphan72
Gift received at 01-14-2014, 08:29 PM from CalDolFan10x14
Message: Checking to see if this really works.2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by SebasMiamiFan View Post
    If being gay was a choice, could you be attracted to a man if you wanted to be?
    if I wanted to be, then yes, I could. but then i'd be gay. but since i'm not gay, I wouldn't. if that makes sense. lol
    Quote Quote  

4. -74
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by truedolfan57 View Post
    if I wanted to be, then yes, I could. but then i'd be gay. but since i'm not gay, I wouldn't. if that makes sense. lol
    Really. You can just decide, tomorrow, that you want to be attracted to that 20 year old football players you run into? Do you choose which women you're attracted to? Do you look at some overweight lady in your 40s and say "well I could be attracted to her if I wanted to, but I'm just not going to"? It doesn't work that way...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

5. -75
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks

Mike Wallace tweets about homosexuals

Listen, I am anti-censorship. Freedom of speech is central to what makes America great and free from oppression.

That being said, as an adult and a business person, people should be aware of what they say, and how it can harm others, the organizations they represent, and themselves.

I have a lot of dumb and potentially innapropriate thoughts that I would never share on a public forum like twitter because I understand twitter is my public-facing voice. It could harm my employability if I just spouted off nonsense at every turn. How is this so difficult to understand for modern athletes?
    FIRE FAILBIN

**If the Dolphins make the playoffs, this sig will become HIRE PHILWIN**
    Quote Quote  

6. -76
    VIPeezy

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Montreal, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    Listen, I am anti-censorship. Freedom of speech is central to what makes America great and free from oppression.

That being said, as an adult and a business person, people should be aware of what they say, and how it can harm others, the organizations they represent, and themselves.

I have a lot of dumb and potentially innapropriate thoughts that I would never share on a public forum like twitter because I understand twitter is my public-facing voice. It could harm my employability if I just spouted off nonsense at every turn. How is this so difficult to understand for modern athletes?

Quote Quote  

7. -77
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by icelatte39 View Post
    Yeah but his tweet is just straight up ignorant. He's implying that gay people CHOOSE to be homosexual, which is just false. People have the right to voice their opinions, but when public figures like Mike Wallace just spew **** on the internet for no good reason, it's a problem. He knows that everything he does represents the Dolphins organization, and for him to say this is literally incomprehensibly dumb.
    Being attracted to people of the same sex may not be a choice, but actually being with someone of the same sex IS a choice, just as being with someone of the opposite sex is a choice.
    If it's ignorant not to understand something then we're all guilty.
    Quote Quote  

8. -78
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks

Mike Wallace tweets about homosexuals

Is it really that hard to find a star WR that doesn't come with controversy?

Marshall, Ocho and now Wallace. Wow...
    Quote Quote  

9. -79
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The first time he catches a 60 yard bomb and gets into the endzone everyone will forget about all of this.
    My Offseason plan.... Get as many good football players as possible, The End.
    Quote Quote  

10. -80
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by -81- McMichael View Post
    Gonzo, haven't agreed with all of your observations regarding the 2013 Dolphin's draft... but on this you have my 100% support and agreement on... the racist parallel is completely valid. What the tweet shows is a lack of understanding and compassion.

I'm not gay, but I have plenty of friends and business partners who are... and I know what trouble they go through... for me to tweet something like that would be to make it ALL ABOUT ME... look at me, what a stud I am, all the women in the world out there for me to bed... and this takes the focus away from the act of courage that is one man coming out and saying, "this is who I am... how I am", i.e. being real.

THAT is where the attention should be... agree with being gay or not... that man's courage to be real is what should be applauded.
    Don't mean to derail the thread, but apparently people are thinking I disliked the draft, which is very far from the truth. I loved the draft outside of one small factor, the criticism of which has apparently landed me in the "hater" category. Redo the 3rd round and you get a solid A from me rather than the B/B+ I currently give it.

Outside of that, agree with everything you just said.

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    Is it really that hard to find a star WR that doesn't come with controversy?

Marshall, Ocho and now Wallace. Wow...
    Something about that position attracts all the divas. I don't get it.

Quote Quote