Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 9 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: MERGED: Mike Wallace tweets about homosexuals

1. -81
    Am I on speaker phone?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Charlotte
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by truedolfan57 View Post
    if I wanted to be, then yes, I could. but then i'd be gay. but since i'm not gay, I wouldn't. if that makes sense. lol
    Wow.

Okay, listen. You may want to sit down for this. If you feel that you could honestly choose to be sexually attracted to another male, then you are gay or at least bisexual. There's nothing wrong with it, you were born that way.

There is absolutely no way I could "choose" to be attracted to another guy. This is how I know it's not a choice. I suggest to all of you who think it's a choice to re-consider that maybe you are choosing to deny how you really feel.
    Quote Quote  

2. -82
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas, NV
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!
Gift received at 01-14-2014, 08:29 PM from CalDolFan1014
Message: Checking to see if this really works.2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Really. You can just decide, tomorrow, that you want to be attracted to that 20 year old football players you run into? Do you choose which women you're attracted to? Do you look at some overweight lady in your 40s and say "well I could be attracted to her if I wanted to, but I'm just not going to"? It doesn't work that way...
    if I was gay, yes, I could become attracted to that 20yo football player I just ran into. i'm sure it happens to many gay people. Some don't even know they are gay until their late teens/early 20's. maybe even later than that.
    Quote Quote  

3. -83
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    Some of the posts here don't surprise me in the slightest
    I wonder how many would be different if it was a jests player who said it?

Quote Quote  

4. -84
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    He might of well said " I don't get why a black guy would wanna be with a white woman". I mean its just his opinion, right?
    Exactly. I know you're being sarcastic but it's the same thing to me. I know plenty of people that feel that way. I don't agree but doesn't make my opinion any more right than theirs.
    Quote Quote  

5. -85
    First Dolphin TE w/1000 yard season!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St. Augie-Doggie
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SebasMiamiFan View Post
    If being gay was a choice, could you be attracted to a man if you wanted to be?
    I never chose to be straight.

Some of you fools aught to meditate on that for a spell... you didn't choose to be straight any more then they chose to be gay.

And for all you flag waving morons (nationalism and obsessive pride in one's country being widely known as symptomatic of people with brute minds and a poor education)... that red, white and blue represents FREEDOM... the freedom to live... and let live... you damn hypocrites.
    Quote Quote  

6. -86
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas, NV
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Penthos View Post
    Wow.

Okay, listen. You may want to sit down for this. If you feel that you could honestly choose to be sexually attracted to another male, then you are gay or at least bisexual. There's nothing wrong with it, you were born that way.

There is absolutely no way I could "choose" to be attracted to another guy. This is how I know it's not a choice. I suggest to all of you who think it's a choice to re-consider that maybe you are choosing to deny how you really feel.
    I don't know. I know 100% that I am not gay or bisexual. and I still think that I choose not to find other males attractive.
    Quote Quote  

7. -87
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    Listen, I am anti-censorship. Freedom of speech is central to what makes America great and free from oppression.

That being said, as an adult and a business person, people should be aware of what they say, and how it can harm others, the organizations they represent, and themselves.

I have a lot of dumb and potentially innapropriate thoughts that I would never share on a public forum like twitter because I understand twitter is my public-facing voice. It could harm my employability if I just spouted off nonsense at every turn. How is this so difficult to understand for modern athletes?
    Mike Wallace just found out -- or is going to find out -- the hard way that you can't just say what you think on Twitter. And it goes both ways. I guarantee you the Vikings are looking to replace Chris Kluwe in part because he can't keep his mouth shut.

I'm all for free speech. People should absolutely be able to say things, even when I find those things dumb or offensive. BUT, people should also be prepared to deal with the consequences of that speech. For instance, I have never given a DIME to my alma mater (undergraduate) because the dean of the department I was in was a steadfast defender of Josef Stalin, arguing that his MASS MURDER was 'necessary for the modernization of the Soviet Union.' He can say that, I'm not going to try to shut him up. But I'm not sending him my money.
    I'm here to tell the truth about top secret Air Force project BAR STOOL. Gamma ray radiation from the particle accelerator under Joe Robbie Stadium is real! Get out while you can! This bad football team is just a front for something far more sinister!
    Quote Quote  

8. -88
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by truedolfan57 View Post
    if I was gay, yes, I could become attracted to that 20yo football player I just ran into. i'm sure it happens to many gay people. Some don't even know they are gay until their late teens/early 20's. maybe even later than that.
    So now it's not a choice? I'm confused as to what your position is...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

9. -89
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by JTech194 View Post
    Personally I'd much rather a person let their racism be know so that I know what I'm dealing with as opposed to suppressing them and me not knowing, but that's just me. However, Wallace didn't say anything derogatory or offensive like Tim Hardaway when he said he hated gay people. All Wallace said is that he doesn't understand it. I don't understand a lot of religions outside of the one I practice but that doesn't mean I'm Anti those religions. Just mean those religions don't make much sense to me. I don't see the problem, but again that's just my opinion.
    Personally, I'd just rather people not be racist or homophobic, but that's just me.
    Quote Quote  

10. -90
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas, NV
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!
    I mean, I didn't sit down and pick which gender I was attracted to, because I couldn't make up my mind. it's not like picking your favorite car or something. lol Maybe i'm more confused, because I know a couple of guys, that were straight. at least i'm fairly positive they were, because they've had multiple girlfriends and were sexual with them, but are now with guys.
    Quote Quote