Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The NY Jets at #9 and #13 are making me sick!

1. -1
    Why not Us?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Currently Stationed Overseas
    Thanks / No Thanks

The NY Jets at #9 and #13 are making me sick!

I'm beginning to get worried about the Jets selecting before and after us... I'm not necessarily worried about them in this upcoming season but they have the potential to dampen one of the most anticipated drafts in franchise history. I know a lot of us are pleased with Irelands efforts this off-season but we can't lose sight on his history on draft day. We have multiple picks after the 1st round but the Jets have two in the 1st round with the the majority of Mock drafts expecting them to go DE and WR/TE.

If they end up going this route, it could really work in our favor. I believe DE is a position we will consider in the later rounds. Did everyone forget O. Vernon?? I thought he played well and we drafted him only a year ago. Why is DE all of a sudden a position of need when J. Ireland already addressed it last year? Unless the DE will be DT hybrid, a 3-4 DE, which makes sense with this most likely being R. Starks' last year. I also believe we addressed our WR/TE in the off-season by signing three wide receivers (Wallace, Hartline, and Gibson).

You have to narrow down our options in the 1st round and I believe they are CB or OL. Not the sexy pick some are expecting such as T. Austin but this will continue improving our team for the upcoming season. As long as the Jets don't feel the need to replace D. Revis with a rookie CB we should be in good shape.

1. How would you guys feel if we targeted a CB with our 1st pick such as Milliner, Rhodes, or Trufant?
    2. What are the chances of the NY Jets going CB as well?

Good luck tomorrow guys! I'm hoping we can look back on this draft as a model for the future.

Go Fins!
    COME ON' RYAN!!!
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We are part of a NY Jets Sandwich,they are under us and above us.The one thing that off sets the Jets having a 9 and 13,is one it means Revis is out of our division and two,the Jets always mess up the draft and I hope this year isnt any different.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We need a de because odrick is not a good enough pass rusher and was picked for a 3-4 instead of a 4-3. In a 4-3 he is a dt and could be decent but he is stuck at de right now

As for de pass rushers, Carradine and Bjorn are good options IMO. I really think Werner is starting to get undervalued in this draft. He was mocked top 5 a few weeks ago and now looks like he will go around 20th.

As for Vernon, if the front office thinks he is ready, go for it. I liked what I saw, but I saw situational player rather than a de starter.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Who cares about the garbage Jets. This is one of the worst drafts ever. Im glad Revis is out of the division/conf. Glad its this sorry draft they have 2 high picks in. They will probably have the #1 overall pick next year tho but EFF THE JETS
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No need to worry! We have more picks in a draft that is pretty deep and lacks top talent. I'm glad they have two high first rounders right now rather than next years draft.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They aren't likely going to get a QB so its hard for me to worry about the Jets as long as Sanchez is their QB. They've gotten significantly worse this offseason and I dont see how 2 first rounders are going to change that all that much. As long as Sanchez is healthy and starting for the Jets, I cant take them seriously.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    TANNERECTION!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Jets have numerous holes to fill and need picks. If they don't trade down then I expect to see either Austin or Eifert with one of the picks. Idzik impresses me as being a lot more of a complete GM then Tannenbaum.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Lost in the fog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They will definitely get some good players in this draft. I can only hope they'll decide to draft a QB with one of those first-rounders...this is the perfectly wrong draft to do that.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sixzero View Post
    I'm beginning to get worried about the Jets selecting before and after us... I'm not necessarily worried about them in this upcoming season but they have the potential to dampen one of the most anticipated drafts in franchise history. I know a lot of us are pleased with Irelands efforts this off-season but we can't lose sight on his history on draft day. We have multiple picks after the 1st round but the Jets have two in the 1st round with the the majority of Mock drafts expecting them to go DE and WR/TE.

If they end up going this route, it could really work in our favor. I believe DE is a position we will consider in the later rounds. Did everyone forget O. Vernon?? I thought he played well and we drafted him only a year ago. Why is DE all of a sudden a position of need when J. Ireland already addressed it last year? Unless the DE will be DT hybrid, a 3-4 DE, which makes sense with this most likely being R. Starks' last year. I also believe we addressed our WR/TE in the off-season by signing three wide receivers (Wallace, Hartline, and Gibson).

You have to narrow down our options in the 1st round and I believe they are CB or OL. Not the sexy pick some are expecting such as T. Austin but this will continue improving our team for the upcoming season. As long as the Jets don't feel the need to replace D. Revis with a rookie CB we should be in good shape.

1. How would you guys feel if we targeted a CB with our 1st pick such as Milliner, Rhodes, or Trufant?
    2. What are the chances of the NY Jets going CB as well?

Good luck tomorrow guys! I'm hoping we can look back on this draft as a model for the future.

Go Fins!
    They are the jets, so they will probably package the 9 and 13 and trade up to #1 and draft someone that plays field hockey. Ansah is this year's Gholston, so I can see him being one of their picks, and Milliner is about two training camp practices away from IR, so I figure he will be there other pick.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boynton Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks

The NY Jets at #9 and #13 are making me sick!

Anyone who says it's one of the worst drafts ever, can I borrow your time machine?
    Quote Quote