Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 44 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3940414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Random Thoughts Thread

1. -431
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Off today involuntarily, watched a couple of true crime reenactments on Investigation Discovery Channel. Why is it that even.the ugly or obese actors casted never end up looking as bad as the real photos they often end up showing?

"Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else."
    Margaret Mead

Quote Quote  

2. -432
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    Off today involuntarily, watched a couple of true crime reenactments on Investigation Discovery Channel. Why is it that even.the ugly or obese actors casted never end up looking as bad as the real photos they often end up showing?
    My wife watches ID Channel religiously. I tease her that she is trying to off me for my life insurance but that wouldn't last her long enough to have any fun. Nevertheless, we always laugh that they are EXTREMELY generous in the actors they choose for the portrayals. I suppose they figure that the poor bastards are either dead or serving a life sentence so they should at least make them look less like trolls. You know that people are screwed up, to say the least, after watching that crap. It is mesmerizing!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

3. -433
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin

wabbits on wedbull
    Last edited by fishfanmiami; 02-17-2014 at 11:40 PM.
    Quote Quote  

4. -434
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If I chow box like a lesbian am I a gay rights advocate?
    Never use a big word when a little filthy one will do.
    Quote Quote  

5. -435
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    These pretzels are making me thirsty
    Quote Quote  

6. -436
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfanmiami View Post

wabbits on wedbull
    Pic makes me want my shotgun.
    2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1

"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Is it training camp yet?

Just because you don't agree with someone,
    does not give you the right to attack them.
    Quote Quote  

7. -437
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So I've been seeing a flood of tv commercials lately from branddotcom (don't wanna give them any robotic links). Like repuationdotBS, they promise to clean up a merchant's negative comments and ratings, replacing them with only positives through whatever algorithms they use. They spin it as not being victimized by spiteful untrue ratings that make your business suffer. The reality is that while there are always both competitors and the inevitable angry customer in a minority with axes to grind, most of these comments and ratings when you look at them in total ring true.

Personally I've long been a fan of what I call "the wisdom of consensus" to determine what products or services I should buy or patronize. Just did that with surgeons and got a great one. Do that with electronics - just ordered a quad core upgrade to my tablet based on 300 amazon ratings. If there are a few ratings then I don't really place much stock cuz I figure that if they're good they're that business themselves and their relatives or negative then they're from a few really pissed off customers - and everyone has them. However if there is a large sample size, I routinely eliminate the top and bottom 10% of the ratings/comments as outliers and base my decision on that 80% middle. I've rarely been fooled or disappointed over the years. Also when something looks too good to be true, I google "xproduct scam" and again come up with some helpful and revealing input.

Long way of declaring that I really resent these douchebags promising to whitewash deservedly bad reps that were accurately earned. More than that, if it's a doctor or product whose failure could cause safety or productivity issues, it's outright misleading misrepresentation. So I've been thinking that potentially there's some class action litigation potential here for buyers who made their decisions on the basis of sanitized "ratings" and reviews and experienced the same issues, problems and dangers to their detriment that were purged from the internet. Many years ago when the digital cameras were relatively new, I had a problem with an early Sony Cybershot which i paid about $400 for. Only after going on line and realizing that the company was aware of this malfunctiion and never conducted a factory recall of registered users' product to correct it, but would instead handle each complaint on the QT on an individual basis. At that time I had an in-law who wasn't a particularly nice person and was pretty predatory (but then like many lawyers) who got rich as a bottom feeder of minor class action suits. Gave this to him including all the feedback, he got hold legally of the registered users, and they ended up settling with the users getting free repairs and him making a bundle (and me not doing bad on the finders' fee either)

Anyway, I know it's difficult to know what negative feedback has been whitewashed out after the fact unless you're the actual poster of such, but surely there's gotta be some way to hold these reputation douches as well as the sanitized merchants and service providers financially responsible for intentionally deceiving the public even if it means creating at best aggravation and inconvenience and at worst dangerous situations. I resent the media's ability to modify the message to fit their editorial needs; likewise I don't consider these reputation sdanitation companies too different!

/dismounts soapbox

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bumpus View Post
    Pic makes me want my shotgun.
    are you really THAT much of a misogynist?
    Quote Quote  

8. -438
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    So I've been seeing a flood of tv commercials lately from branddotcom (don't wanna give them any robotic links). Like repuationdotBS, they promise to clean up a merchant's negative comments and ratings, replacing them with only positives through whatever algorithms they use. They spin it as not being victimized by spiteful untrue ratings that make your business suffer. The reality is that while there are always both competitors and the inevitable angry customer in a minority with axes to grind, most of these comments and ratings when you look at them in total ring true.

Personally I've long been a fan of what I call "the wisdom of consensus" to determine what products or services I should buy or patronize. Just did that with surgeons and got a great one. Do that with electronics - just ordered a quad core upgrade to my tablet based on 300 amazon ratings. If there are a few ratings then I don't really place much stock cuz I figure that if they're good they're that business themselves and their relatives or negative then they're from a few really pissed off customers - and everyone has them. However if there is a large sample size, I routinely eliminate the top and bottom 10% of the ratings/comments as outliers and base my decision on that 80% middle. I've rarely been fooled or disappointed over the years. Also when something looks too good to be true, I google "xproduct scam" and again come up with some helpful and revealing input.

Long way of declaring that I really resent these douchebags promising to whitewash deservedly bad reps that were accurately earned. More than that, if it's a doctor or product whose failure could cause safety or productivity issues, it's outright misleading misrepresentation. So I've been thinking that potentially there's some class action litigation potential here for buyers who made their decisions on the basis of sanitized "ratings" and reviews and experienced the same issues, problems and dangers to their detriment that were purged from the internet. Many years ago when the digital cameras were relatively new, I had a problem with an early Sony Cybershot which i paid about $400 for. Only after going on line and realizing that the company was aware of this malfunctiion and never conducted a factory recall of registered users' product to correct it, but would instead handle each complaint on the QT on an individual basis. At that time I had an in-law who wasn't a particularly nice person and was pretty predatory (but then like many lawyers) who got rich as a bottom feeder of minor class action suits. Gave this to him including all the feedback, he got hold legally of the registered users, and they ended up settling with the users getting free repairs and him making a bundle (and me not doing bad on the finders' fee either)

Anyway, I know it's difficult to know what negative feedback has been whitewashed out after the fact unless you're the actual poster of such, but surely there's gotta be some way to hold these reputation douches as well as the sanitized merchants and service providers financially responsible for intentionally deceiving the public even if it means creating at best aggravation and inconvenience and at worst dangerous situations. I resent the media's ability to modify the message to fit their editorial needs; likewise I don't consider these reputation sdanitation companies too different!

/dismounts soapbox

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

are you really THAT much of a misogynist?
    This is exactly why I'm instantly skeptical about sellers with 100% positive feedback (on fleaBay for example)

... And, no. I just enjoy hunting/eating rabbit. Admittedly, that wouldn't really be hunting. Bet they'd taste good though.
    Quote Quote  

9. -439
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    Speaking of Ebay i bought a pair of shorts that where delivered yesterday. The normal priority envelope was in a plastic bag that said "WE CARE" and underneath the smaller message said something about they are striving for perfection in the delivery of packages bah bah bah.
    Inside was my package that was ripped open and had tire tracks going across it and I could see the shredded remnants of my brand new shorts.
    Now I have to go stand in line at their claims dept and wait at least 30 days to get my money back.

WE CARE my azz
    Last edited by fishfanmiami; 02-22-2014 at 12:55 PM.
    Quote Quote  

10. -440
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mardi Gras - Galveston style

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote