Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 53 of 98 FirstFirst ... 4849505152535455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Random Thoughts Thread

1. -521
    Hokies class of 2016

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ford LogoDolphins HomerTannehill 17Snakes!Xbox Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by dobrasz54 View Post
    When you do get around to it hmu for the add. The one is worth it and I liked it way more than the PS4. I had the PS4 for all of I think 5 days before I sold it.
    Nice haha, I plan on upgrading summer 2015 so I'll inform you then
    Quote Quote  

2. -522
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Go Go!
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

Quote Quote  

3. -523
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    I want to kill my teacher until she dies from it!

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dobrasz54 View Post
    When you do get around to it hmu for the add. The one is worth it and I liked it way more than the PS4. I had the PS4 for all of I think 5 days before I sold it.
    How come you sold the PS4?
    Quote Quote  

4. -524
    Hokies class of 2016

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Every single time some random user posts something about Tannehill not being a good QB. There is a long list of dislikes from plenty of users and always one thumbs up from WVdolphan
    Quote Quote  

5. -525
    FIN4LIFE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Remember these

Quote Quote  

6. -526
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Considering it appears to capture the quirky dark homicidal black comedic spirit of a movie that ranks as one of my all time Top10 favorites with a pretty capable cast, I'm really looking forward to next week's FX premiere of Fargo. Hope I'm not disappointed.

Review from Variety
    http://variety.com/2014/tv/reviews/t...go-1201153656/

snippet:
    As bracing as the snowy vistas in the movie on which it is based, FX’s “Fargo” quickly establishes itself as its own property, possessing the tone and style of the rightly admired Coen brothers classic, but pursuing a new tawdry true-crime tale, albeit in similar environs. The limited series also goes far out on a limb in proclaiming its veracity, saying its story’s being told “exactly as it occurred” — a claim that invites skepticism (artistic license has a way of encroaching), but does nothing to cool the passion the show should inspire. Boasting a stellar cast and hypnotic tone, is “Fargo” worth a 10-episode commitment? You betcha.

Indeed, what looked like a daunting challenge — translating the Coens’ idiosyncratic style to TV — can join “American Horror Story” in FX’s quiver of limited-series concepts that are well-suited to the genre. Only unlike that overheated mess, “Fargo” has considerable latitude to reboot with a new cast and new crime — a la HBO’s “True Detective” — stretching what once would have been relegated to a TV movie into more marketable “event” territory.
    Last edited by Vaark; 04-10-2014 at 11:40 PM.
    Quote Quote  

7. -527
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    Worst Wheel of Fortune contestant EVER

Quote Quote  

8. -528
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    Considering it appears to capture the quirky dark homicidal black comedic spirit of a movie that ranks as one of my all time Top10 favorites with a pretty capable cast, I'm really looking forward to next week's FX premiere of Fargo. Hope I'm not disappointed.

Review from Variety
    http://variety.com/2014/tv/reviews/t...go-1201153656/

snippet:
    I'll be watching. Who's going to play Macy's role as the blobbing idiot car salesmen / criminal mastermind ? Great role.
    Quote Quote  

9. -529
    Hokies class of 2016

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfanmiami View Post
    Worst Wheel of Fortune contestant EVER

Pure entertainment lol
    Quote Quote  

10. -530
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfanmiami View Post
    I'll be watching. Who's going to play Macy's role as the blobbing idiot car salesmen / criminal mastermind ? Great role.
    Actually they're going the True Detectives limited series route - but each season based on a true crime. Billy Bob Thornton is first up as a quirky killer. Should be entertaining

Indeed, what looked like a daunting challenge — translating the Coens’ idiosyncratic style to TV — can join “American Horror Story” in FX’s quiver of limited-series concepts that are well-suited to the genre. Only unlike that overheated mess, “Fargo” has considerable latitude to reboot with a new cast and new crime — a la HBO’s “True Detective” — stretching what once would have been relegated to a TV movie into more marketable “event” territory. What’s most interesting in this permutation, conceived by Noah Hawley, is how the narrative, despite its basis in truth, seems to draw from a variety of Coen brothers movies. The implacable contract killer played by Billy Bob Thornton, for example, feels like a close cousin to Javier Bardem’s philosopher-murderer in “No Country for Old Men,” down to his sadistic streak and tendency to engage prey in casual (if inordinately uncomfortable) conversation. Set in Minnesota in 2006, the multifaceted story centers on Lester Nygaard (Martin Freeman), an unsuccessful insurance salesman trapped in a rotten marriage. A chance encounter with a bully from his high school days leads to an emergency room visit, where he chats with Thornton’s killer, there because a car accident has complicated his latest assignment. Faster than you can say “Strangers on a Train,” Lester’s complaints trigger fatal consequences, leading the soft-spoken fellow down a rabbit hole from which there appears to be no happy ending.
    I may be prejudiced maybe having lived in MN for a year or so and spending time with in-laws up on the Mesabi Iron Range in the Hibbing, Eveleth area who spoke like the lady cop , but the movie never really got the residual respect as a classic that Pulp Fiction (one of my top 3-5 faves) has received
    Quote Quote