Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 32 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Random Thoughts Thread

1. -311
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    No luck today.

Got busted by a decent doe on the way in - just saw tail as it ran off.
    The only other deer I saw was a buck. Figures. He shows up when I can't shoot him.

At least it was cold and windy.
    2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1

"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln
    Quote Quote  

2. -312
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpus View Post
    No luck today.

Got busted by a decent doe on the way in - just saw tail as it ran off.
    The only other deer I saw was a buck. Figures. He shows up when I can't shoot him.

At least it was cold and windy.
    It happens to the best of us! The worst us hunting when it is hot, humid, and the bugs are out in force!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

3. -313
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    Reports have come it from West Virginia of an armed drunken madman roaming the woods.

better luck next time Bump
    Last edited by fishfanmiami; 10-27-2013 at 08:08 PM.
    Quote Quote  

4. -314
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfanmiami View Post
    Reports have come it from West Virginia of a armed drunken madman roaming the woods.

My intuition tells me he's presently being strung along.......(or up)

Quote Quote  

5. -315

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Kinda fitting that I'm in a "horror" state of mind right now ... The Shining just started on IFC.

The refs aren't here, Mrs. Torrence.
    Quote Quote  

6. -316

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Do you refer to more than one "Bumpus" as "Bumpi???"

"Yep. Blow it up. This might the worst team I've ever seen constructed in my life.
    And then you throw in the terrible preparation and in-game coaching. There is no defense.
    But do it right. Fire everyone in the building. No survivors. , JiF Jetnation

Quote Quote  

7. -317

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Phoenix woman on hike saves Pitbull shot and left to die

Infuriating heartbreaking story on one hand yet uplifting and instructive on the other:

These kinds of abuse to animals and of course innocent children drive me crazy. For years my ex kept trying to reassure herself that I was kidding when I said "hypothetically speaking", given the opportunity and knowledge of no one ever finding out, I could easily and wouldn't think twice about putting one between the eyes of anyone who abused a child or animal - and then sleep like a baby afterwards.... that's until she figured out I wasn't. I dunno, maybe like some around here are hard-wired to be Contrary Marys, perhaps it's the hard-wiring that makes me have no sympathy or compassion for extenuating circumstances in regard to anyone who abuses a helpless child or innocent animal

Woman carries wounded pit bull down mountain
    Dog had been left to die alone in Ariz. mountains

No one knows exactly how long the 2-year-old pit bull had been left to die alone in the Arizona mountains.

A photo taken by Andi Davis, the hiker who found him, shows the dog half standing, half collapsed, his head pressing against a rock.

Davis had walked about a half mile uphill last Friday, October 18, along a deserted trail in Phoenix when she found the black and white dog, suffering from bullet wounds, said Arizona Humane Society spokeswoman Bretta Nelson in an e-mail.

She hesitated for a moment before approaching the pit bull, Nelson said. But when he lifted his head as she reached for her water bottle, Davis put her apprehension aside, gave him a drink and then lifted the 47-pound dog into her arms, Nelson said. Then, she began walking.

"It will be OK," Davis kept telling the dog as she slowly picked her way down the path. Every so often she would stop, give him another drink, then stand up again and keep going. "At first she was shaking because she was scared," Nelson said. "Then she was shaking because of the weight of him." Eventually the dog stopped moving.

Andi Davis was overwhelmed by the media attention and did not want to talk, but gave Nelson the permission to do so.

"When my mom found our new dog on the mountain, my heart broke at the first sight of him," said Andi's daughter Jessi, 10, in a letter to Nelson and the AHS. "He was torn up. Everywhere."

Described as a "very fit person," it took Davis an hour to complete the journey, her arms aching, Nelson said. Davis's husband and daughter met her at the bottom and they took the dog to the Arizona Humane Society, where veterinarians examined him.

"I thought I would never see him again," Jessi said. "I knew he was in good hands, but I still felt very sad."

Doctors found an open abdominal wound, bullet fragments near his spinal cord and a bullet in the middle of his neck, Nelson said.

The Davis family named him Elijah.

"I was so, so happy when we got to see him," Jessi wrote. Nelson said Elijah responded to Jessi as if "they had been best friends their whole lives."

Elijah is now adjusting to his new foster home, where he is getting to know the other Davis dogs.

"Mom has a dog, dad has a dog, I have a dog," Jessi told Nelson. "Elijah is the family dog. Because he's special."

As for Andi, her arms still ache even though it's been a week since the rescue.

Nelson said it's unlikely any investigation will be conducted to find the person who injured Elijah since there isn't a clear timetable and no witnesses have come forward.

"After all you have done for us," Jessi said in her letter. "I want to help animals too. Thank you so much for making our lives better. You rock."

Read more: http://www.wbaltv.com/news/national/...#ixzz2j2PXDYCM

Read more: http://www.wbaltv.com/news/national/...#ixzz2j2PKjP6b
    Quote Quote  

8. -318
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    Phoenix woman on hike saves Pitbull shot and left to die

Infuriating heartbreaking story on one hand yet uplifting and instructive on the other:

These kinds of abuse to animals and of course innocent children drive me crazy. For years my ex kept trying to reassure herself that I was kidding when I said "hypothetically speaking", given the opportunity and knowledge of no one ever finding out, I could easily and wouldn't think twice about putting one between the eyes of anyone who abused a child or animal - and then sleep like a baby afterwards.... that's until she figured out I wasn't. I dunno, maybe like some around here are hard-wired to be Contrary Marys, perhaps it's the hard-wiring that makes me have no sympathy or compassion for extenuating circumstances in regard to anyone who abuses a helpless child or innocent animal

People think I am nuts to say that I have hunted my whole life but have incredible compassion for animals and can not tolerate abusing an animal. When hunting, I can not stand to have an animal suffer and always strive for a clean kill and respect the animal that we are about to eat. I babied my dogs before they passed away from old age and cried like a baby for each one of them. I, too, would have no problem inflicting the same torture on an abusive person as they have inflicted on an animal, child, or lady for that matter. God help the idiot that touches one of my daughters or granddaughters!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

9. -319
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    Watching Caddyshack for the umpteenth time I just realized this scene was filmed in front of the Rusty Pelican on Key Biscayne

Always thought the movie was filmed up north somewheres.
    Last edited by fishfanmiami; 10-29-2013 at 01:03 AM.
    Quote Quote  

10. -320

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    Do you refer to more than one "Bumpus" as "Bumpi???"
    The planet couldn't handle more than one of me.
    Quote Quote