Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 83 of 101 FirstFirst ... 7879808182838485868788 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Random Thoughts Thread

1. -821
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    Any of you folks have a memory foam mattress? Love memory foam pillows and its very tempted to get a mattress tbough never slept in one
    Uk, I have 3 memory foam mattresses. We love them. Very comfortable and both my wife and I have back problems. I usually wake up feeling pretty good. We bought the 1st one about 4 years ago. When my daughter moved to North Carolina I bought her one. Then we just replaced another recently. The original one will need to be replaced soon. They will only last about 5 years but at $600 very easy to replace. I'd rather have a bed that gets replaced every 5 years rather than pay a lot more and be stuck with sleeping with 10 year old dirt on a traditional mattress.
    Quote Quote  

2. -822
    Cutler Sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Quote  

3. -823
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    Why is it no one can look at the camera lens when taking selfies?
    Quote Quote  

4. -824
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    driving boss to London tomorrow for a 5 hour meeting.... think il go see the british museum to pass the time, its free and seeing dinosaur bones and mummys could be fun I suppose
    Quote Quote  

5. -825
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    seeing dinosaur bones could be fun I suppose
    Yes

Quote Quote  

6. -826
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    On this weeks episode of Ray Donovan on Showtime an old guy wearing a Dolphins hat smokes a joint with Jon Voight. The show is great if you are not watching it (thanks Vaark)
    Hank Azaria and Data from Star Trek are also on this season
    Quote Quote  

7. -827
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Word of advise for anyone who travels. Don't let hotels.com, expedia, travelosity or any company like them book your hotel stay. They cause nothing but problems. Worse yet they usually charge you roughly the same price the hotel itself will charge you. The way it works is the third party company (Hotels.com, etc) pays about half the actual price of the room. They then turn around and charge you the full price while they pocket it the other half. This is why you are not given a receipt when you check out, for two reasons. One is because you already have one in your email. The other reason is so you, the consumer, don't ever find out the actual price the third party paid for the room.

My suggestion is use these services to find out what hotels are in the city you are going to stay. Once you known what hotels are in the city you are traveling to, Google the hotel name plus the city name to get the direct number to the hotel. This way they can tell you exactly what is available and should any problems arise they can deal with it at the desk at check-in without having to call some off shore help line.
    Quote Quote  

8. -828
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If I have the time I use Hotwire or Priceline. I find their ratings and descriptions quite accurately reliable. Cases in point: a 4 star resort in Scottsdale for $85/nite with a 3 nite stay (listed rate $240), a Sheraton suite out of season in Key West for $80/nite for 2 nites and an upgrade to a luxury Marriott suite near the Vancouver airport for about $90 per nite for 2 nites.

Quote Quote  

9. -829
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    If I have the time I use Hotwire or Priceline. I find their ratings and descriptions quite accurately reliable. Cases in point: a 4 star resort in Scottsdale for $85/nite with a 3 nite stay, a Sheraton suite out of season in Key West for $80/nite for 2 nites and an upgrade to a luxury Marriott suite near the Vancouver airport for about $90 per nite for 2 nites.
    That's awesome. Until they over book the place you are staying. Then you are ****ed. I have had it happen a few times. Not to me, to actual guests. That **** sucks having to talk down a super pissed off guest especially when the entire town is sold out.
    Quote Quote  

10. -830
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    Word of advise for anyone who travels. Don't let hotels.com, expedia, travelosity or any company like them book your hotel stay. They cause nothing but problems. Worse yet they usually charge you roughly the same price the hotel itself will charge you. The way it works is the third party company (Hotels.com, etc) pays about half the actual price of the room. They then turn around and charge you the full price while they pocket it the other half. This is why you are not given a receipt when you check out, for two reasons. One is because you already have one in your email. The other reason is so you, the consumer, don't ever find out the actual price the third party paid for the room.

My suggestion is use these services to find out what hotels are in the city you are going to stay. Once you known what hotels are in the city you are traveling to, Google the hotel name plus the city name to get the direct number to the hotel. This way they can tell you exactly what is available and should any problems arise they can deal with it at the desk at check-in without having to call some off shore help line.
    I use the Name Your Price option on Priceline very frequently and have always had excellent results. I get very nice rooms far cheaper than I can on any other travel website or direct booking. It takes a little time and strategy but has been well worth it for me. I usually pay about 50-60% of the going rate for rooms. You should try it, I think you will like it.
    Quote Quote