Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ian Rapaport: Phins only offered 3rd for Albert; deal dead... Jackson: OT deal "soon"

1. -1
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Ian Rapaport: Phins only offered 3rd for Albert; deal dead... Jackson: OT deal "soon"

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 10m From Total Access: I'm told parties view Branden Albert deal as "dead." Chiefs will now turn their attention to a long-term deal for Albert.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 9m
    From Total Access: Source says #Dolphins offered just a third-rounder for Branden Albert, not No. 54 like we all thought. Didn't get it done

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Jackson
    The Dolphins hope to strike a deal with an offensive tackle very soon after working out right tackles Eric Winston, Tyson Clabo and Winston Justice on Wednesday and left tackle Bryant McKinnie earlier in the week.

The Dolphins prefer to do a short term deal (one or two years) at modest money. Financial parameters were discussed with agents for some, but not all, of the four players.

The Dolphins are considering not only what player would be the best fit on the field, but also what would make the most sense financially. The Dolphins want to leave their options open to be able to acquire a long-term answer at tackle next offseason, but they also have not ruled out trading for a longterm tackle this offseason.

Even while the three right tackles were visiting Wednesday, the Dolphins continued discussions with the representative for McKinnie, who also is considering San Diego, Baltimore and recent overtures from Dallas. McKinnie's appeal to the Dolphins is that he can play left tackle well, unlike the others. But they might be reluctant to pay what he can get elsewhere; that remains fluid. And the right tackles remain under consideration, too.

Clabo started every game for the Falcons the past five seasons and was rated 14th among 80 tackles by Pro Football Focus for 2012. Winston started 15 games for the Chiefs and was ranked 26th by PFF.

Justice started 12 games for the Colts and was rated 45th. McKinnie started for the Ravens during their playoff run last season after not starting a game during the regular season.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/2013/04/behind-the-scenes-story-of-how-player-slipped-to-finsum-player-leavingheat-marlins.html#storylink=addthis#storylink=cpy

I approve of all of this. The only offering a 3rd and then moving on to one of the FA tackles. Congrats to Ireland on not overspending on a position that doesn't deserve it. A well deserved .

#freespesh
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Winning is a Habit

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Flagstaff, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphin1972 Dolphins LogoJurassic WorldCam Wake 91
    A 3rd is the most I thought Albert would be worth becuse of the large contract.

I'd like to see Miami sign eithert McKinnie or Winston. We need a starting quality OT.

- Hall of Fame Safety Rod Woodson on Dan Marino playing in today's NFL:
    "...the best quarterback I believe is Dan Marino..."
    "If he played with these rules, he'd throw for 100,000 yards."

Twitter
    - https://twitter.com/ciscoholgate

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Finheaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks

rd for Albert; deal dead... Jackson: OT deal "soon"

The rankings say Clabo. I'd go him #1, Winston #2.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 2m

Being told the #Dolphins are open to signing LT Bryant McKinnie AND a vet RT (Winston, Clabo, Justice) but only on the cheap/not long term.

Approve of this, also. I would not be against moving Martin to guard for a year.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My first glance at the title made me burst out laughing. Thought the "OT deal soon" part refered to Albert.

Anyways, kudos to Ireland for only offering a mid-round pick and refusing to spend big on the position. And if the Chiefs really are working on signing Albert, who wants to be paid like a left tackle, to a longtime deal does that mean they drafted a right tackle first overall? Because thats how im looking at it and i feel history should also.

Terrorist attack count against the Anything Goes Thread: 2
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    My first glance at the title made me burst out laughing. Thought the "OT deal soon" part refered to Albert.

Anyways, kudos to Ireland for only offering a mid-round pick and refusing to spend big on the position. And if the Chiefs really are working on signing Albert, who wants to be paid like a left tackle, to a longtime deal does that mean they drafted a right tackle first overall? Because thats how im looking at it and i feel history should also.

The two pieces of news came in back to back and thread titles can only be so long. After the amount we've been jerked around on this issue I'm not surprised that's how you read it.

As for Albert and Fisher, I agree. Your buddies over at chiefsplanet have got to be thrilled.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fremont, Ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DzakkH13 View Post
    A 3rd is the most I thought Albert would be worth becuse of the large contract.

I'd like to see Miami sign eithert McKinnie or Winston. We need a starting quality OT.
    i think the big question is, can mckinnie START every game this year.... he didnt start a game all season until the playoffs
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Proud of Ireland for sticking to his guns - especially on what could be a potential pink slip year. He's come a long way from that Ross-aborted Orton trade and sign desperation heave.

"Yep. Blow it up. This might the worst team I've ever seen constructed in my life.
    And then you throw in the terrible preparation and in-game coaching. There is no defense.
    But do it right. Fire everyone in the building. No survivors. , JiF Jetnation

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zach8111 View Post
    i think the big question is, can mckinnie START every game this year.... he didnt start a game all season until the playoffs
    Sign him to a 1 year backup deal and let Martin Start LT. If Martin fails or gets hurt we have Mckinnie. Sign Clabo or Winston to a 1 or 2 year deal to play RT.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fremont, Ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCfinfan View Post
    Sign him to a 1 year backup deal and let Martin Start LT. If Martin fails or gets hurt we have Mckinnie. Sign Clabo or Winston to a 1 or 2 year deal to play RT.
    i doubt he signs a backup deal when other teams are offering starting jobs.
    Quote Quote