Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Patriots beat Dolphins to punch for Josh Boyce

1. -21
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    he's slow.4.6 speed kinda like a poor mans james jones ..i wonder if someone on the fins is a pats backer..b.gaine? to play wr for the patsies you have to be very smart and aware ..thats why they keep bringing back branch/ stallworth/ and them..so he's not a lock to play with tommy!
    Last edited by slickrickpuppy; 04-30-2013 at 02:55 PM.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    It is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    This is becoming a broken record after every draft.

2010: We would have had Jimmy Graham but the Saints beat us to it.
    2012: We would have had T.Y. Hilton but the Colts beat us to it.
    2013: We would have had Josh Boyce but the Patriots beat us to it.

If we rate these guys high enough to be drafted, draft them instead of offensive lineman or trade up.
    I mean i'm sure it happens all the time, but i'm of the opinion that if the story was reversed this thread would be 9 pages long about how we outwitted beli and it's a sign of the changing of the guard.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post
    I was hoping we could get Boyce, but I like Jenkins. I don't get why the Patriots would target Boyce when they just acquired Amendola, supposedly to replace Welker? But many experts had the Pats with the worst draft grade in the AFC East. Belichick has made some major gaffes the last five years or so.
    Because they have virtually NO receivers. After Amendola it's Michael Jenkins, Julian Edleman, and Donald Jones along with Aaron Dobson. Belichick can do whatever he wants and get away with it as he has Brady, Gronk, and Hernandez along with a newfound running game.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    The Oracle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    OMG,OMG, another great WR goes to the Patriots!

Questions:

Which team has a better passing attack? The Dolphins or the Patriots?

Which teams has better WRs? The Dolphins or the Patriots?

We clearly have the best WR corp (not counting TEs) yet they will have a better passing game. In fact, the patriots did not need the "magical' number one WR last season, they had a slot WR and two TEs.

The reason is so simple that some people can't get it. It is not about the WRs, it is about the QB. Put 3 All Pro WRs on a team with a crappy QB and you are going to get a poor passing game. Put a All Pro QB with 3 crappy WRs and you will get at least a decent passing attack.

Give Tom Brady our WR corp of Wallace, Hartline and Gibson and they take the super Bowl.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    The Predator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bethlehem PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Except the Fins do this all the time. They call a guy and say they are picking them and then donít. Just like they did with Jordan Reed, telling him they would pick him then trading the pick.
    Most likely they knew the Pats were listening and suckered them into picking him. Just like they did with Mallett.
    ''We probably have guys that make it happen, We have some that watch it happen. And we have some that don't know what the hell's happening. They all fit in one of those three categories.''
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    It is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LikeUntoGod View Post
    OMG,OMG, another great WR goes to the Patriots!

Questions:

Which team has a better passing attack? The Dolphins or the Patriots?

Which teams has better WRs? The Dolphins or the Patriots?

We clearly have the best WR corp (not counting TEs) yet they will have a better passing game. In fact, the patriots did not need the "magical' number one WR last season, they had a slot WR and two TEs.

The reason is so simple that some people can't get it. It is not about the WRs, it is about the QB. Put 3 All Pro WRs on a team with a crappy QB and you are going to get a poor passing game. Put a All Pro QB with 3 crappy WRs and you will get at least a decent passing attack.

Give Tom Brady our WR corp of Wallace, Hartline and Gibson and they take the super Bowl.
    I would agree with you that the QB is much more important than the WR, but after watching last season I think there is a minimum level of talent required at the WR position.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    The Oracle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NCFINFAN13 View Post
    Sorry I would have rather had Boyce than Jenkins. I'm not unhappy with the Jenkins pick, but Boyce is a slot WR that probably would have gone in the 3rd had he not injured his foot.
    still not sure why people are not getting this simple logic. We have 3 highly paid WRs. I'm going to type this slowly, we do not use FOUR WRs. However, we have had a serious problem covering TEs etc. so we draft maybe the best coverage LB in the draft and you are crying because we did not take a WR instead? Covering the TE is a "real" problem for this team, not having a 4th WR is a made up one.

Can this "whoever the WR is at the moment" be a gunner on kick offs and punts? Can he play special teams? Because if he is not a special teams star, and he cannot beat out Wallace, Hartline or Gibson, then what use is he? We only dress 4 WRs for a game, we can only dress 45 players for a game. I know Americans are not great at math but this is simple stuff.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    The Oracle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mfish41 View Post
    I would agree with you that the QB is much more important than the WR, but after watching last season I think there is a minimum level of talent required at the WR position.

I agree, and anyone that can play one down in the NFL has those minimal skills. But what would a P Manning do with 3 minimum level WRs? He would get a good passing game out of them. Compare that (and the money spent) on putting WRs C Johnston, B Marshall and V Jackson with QB John Beck.

Which group do you see doing better?
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    happens all the time in the draft.
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    It is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LikeUntoGod View Post
    I agree, and anyone that can play one down in the NFL has those minimal skills. But what would a P Manning do with 3 minimum level WRs? He would get a good passing game out of them. Compare that (and the money spent) on putting WRs C Johnston, B Marshall and V Jackson with QB John Beck.

Which group do you see doing better?
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but are you suggesting Tannehill is not a talented QB? I was kind of gearing my response towards blaming the receivers for our lack of passing last season. Your examples are two extremes and i would of course say the Peyton scenario would do better, but just because a QB couldn't get it done with the same corps as Peyton wouldn't make a bad QB. There's a lot left to be proven by Tannehill, but i'd say he is talented irregardless of how he performed with that bad receiving corp.
    Quote Quote