Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 45

Thread: Who would you have taken with same picks?

  1. -21
    Hayden Fox's Avatar
    At the end of the day...

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2009
    Posts:
    20,397
    vCash:
    40119
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Are you really trying to impress upon me that my preference of Travis Kelce over Jamar Taylor is null because you checked around for internet grades and found some people rating Dion Sims the same as Travis Kelce?

    How long have you known me?
    I take a little offense that you say I just "checked" the web a little bit and came to a conclusion. For someone like me that has respected your takes in the past, it is too bad you cannot do the same in return....so be it.

    I will never pretend to be a professional evaluator...newsflash...nobody is here on Finheaven...hence it is a fan site. However, I consider myself extremely informed. I have loved the draft since my childhood. I take in whatever I can whether it is TV programming, quality resources online like at CBS and Tony Pauline and watch college football all year with the draft in mind. From there, I formulate my takes. So when I say it is my assessment that I think Taylor and Sims are better prospects than Kelce, I say it from what I have developed and not a quick Google search.
    Last edited by Hayden Fox; 05-01-2013 at 08:27 PM.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -22
    SMadison29's Avatar
    What Sherman aspires to be

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2001
    Posts:
    8,479
    vCash:
    1998
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    So u are happy with our wr's , youth wise
    No, certainly not. We only really have a need for a slot receiver with a little shake & quickness. Aside from Keenan Allen who we missed out on by one friggin pick, the one's that fit that bill (Stedman Bailey, Josh Boyce, & Ace Sanders) were over drafted.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -23
    ckparrothead's Avatar
    Premium Member

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    47,136
    vCash:
    2773
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    I take a little offense that you say I just "checked" the web a little bit and came to a conclusion. For someone like me that has respected your takes in the past, it is too bad you cannot do the same in return....so be it.

    I will never pretend to be a professional evaluator...newsflash...nobody is here on Finheaven...hence it is a fan site. However, I consider myself extremely informed. I have loved the draft since my childhood. I take in whatever I can whether it is TV programming, quality resources online like at CBS and Tony Pauline and watch college football all year with the draft in mind. From there, I formulate my takes. So when I say it is my assessment that I think Taylor and Sims are better prospects than Kelce, I say it from what I have developed and not a quick Google search.
    Don't take offense. This is quite literally exactly what you wrote:

    3. Taylor is a much better selection than Kelce at 54. He was thought of higher in many people's mind and plays a more important position. Sims has similar grade to Kelce everywhere I looked and he was taken two rounds later.
    You're going to get your feathers ruffled because I took your exact meaning exactly the way you said it?

    I'm just saying, I don't know how you can sit here and try and convince me I made bad picks based on internet grades you found of guys. I'm not saying YOUR opinion is wrong. But you didn't even really state your own opinion. You brought up others' opinions. I'd have preferred your own.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

  4. -24
    Surferosa's Avatar
    Run to Daylight

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2002
    Posts:
    5,796
    vCash:
    1128
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This is fun. Im still of the opinion that we needed to select one more WR early in the draft to give Tannehill the requisite weapons to make our offense truly explosive (i.e. the Matt Ryan Strategy). That said, if I had to draft at three, I probably wouldve selected Jordan as well given his unique skillset and high ceiling. Jamar Taylor at #2 was tremendous value. Dont think anyone wouldve done the Davis trade up as it robbed us of all the mid-round value this draft possessed. Im also not of the opinion that we needed three DB's in this draft (especially once we nabbed Taylor at 54).

    1-Dion Jordan-DE/OLB - Agree. A bona-fide difference maker. A very non-Dolphin pick!
    2-Jamar Taylor-CB - Agree. Tremendous value. Wouldve liked a WR here but Hunter didnt drop. Probably our best value pick if fully healthy.
    3-Khaseem Greene-LB - Heres where the trouble began. There was no need to make a need pick for a Tackle in round three if were just going to sign 1-2 OT's in FA anyway. Couldve waited until round four to take a Dallas Thomas type which frees you up to take BPA in round 3. Surprised Khaseem Greene dropped this far. Wouldve taken him here without batting an eye. Playmaking 4-3 LB who creates turnovers.
    4-Earl Watford/Dallas Thomas - If Thomas falls to round 4, hes your pick here. If not, then Watford gives you depth at OG. We punt on OT's in the draft and call Winston/Clabo/etc in the morning.
    4-Quinton Patten -WR - Wouldve loved to pick a WR earler but there was better talent on the board in the other rounds. Patten is good value here and the last player of his calibre in this tier IMO
    4-Marcus Lattimore- RB - Luxury selection with 10 picks. Shelve him for the year and plan for him to pair with Lamar Miller in 2014.
    5-Cornelius Washington- DE - Another luxury selection. Thought hed go earlier.
    5-Michael Williams -TE - Blocking TE with no Dion Sims in the fold.
    5-Dustin Hopkins -K - Dont regret taking a PK with our supplementary pick in round five. Basically a sixth rounder
    7-Darick Rogers -WR - In the seventh round, hes worth a chance.
    7-Don Jones -DB - Agree with Ireland. Get your second DB here

    Summary:

    * Three day one starters on defense - DE Jordan, LB, Greene, DB Taylor.
    * Two WR's with upside - Patten and Darick
    * Three Specialists - Washington (Pass rusher), M. Williams (blocking TE) and Hopkins (PK)
    * Two depth players at positions of need - Watford (OL) and Jones (DB/S)

    :highfive:
    Quote Quote  

  5. -25
    Valandui's Avatar
    The Fluke

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2008
    Posts:
    9,550
    vCash:
    11788
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    I wouldn't have traded up unless it was for Dee Milliner. Otherwise....


    1 (12) - Tyler Eifert

    2 (42) - Corey Lemonier

    2 (54) - Stedman Bailey

    3 (77) - Hugh Thornton

    3 (82) - Zaviar Gooden

    4 (104) - Shamarko Thomas

    5 (146) - Terry Hawthorne

    5 (164) - Ryan Swope

    5 (166) - Cornelius Washington

    7 (224) - Eric Herman

    7 (250) - Don Jones




    Priority UDFA's - Javone Lawson, Bennie Cunningham, Jake Stoneburner, Alvin Bailey, Jordan Rodgers, Jeff Nady, Zach Sudfeld
    This draft would have been sweet.

    Valandui's Weekly Music Video

    Iced Earth: Dante's Inferno (Live)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9ScQ7SNeJg
    Quote Quote  

  6. -26
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    32,268
    vCash:
    29776
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SMadison29 View Post
    No, certainly not. We only really have a need for a slot receiver with a little shake & quickness. Aside from Keenan Allen who we missed out on by one friggin pick, the one's that fit that bill (Stedman Bailey, Josh Boyce, & Ace Sanders) were over drafted.
    How was Steadman bailey overdrafted . I think he was underdrafted.
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -27
    Awsi Dooger's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2005
    Posts:
    6,478
    vCash:
    9821
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I did this mentally in real time, but only at Miami's initial spots, and only until early 4th round. After that I started watching the PGA golf, and I really wasn't fully informed on the late picks anyway. I would have been making some informed picks, some stabs, and some stumped.

    12) I would have been disappointed but not surprised that Tavon Austin was gone. The league had to wise up at some point. I considered Richardson since I viewed him as a true disruptor and more talented than the two high profile defensive tackles. Those comments prior to the Georgia game bothered me. In the end I decided the best combo of sensible and safe was Tyler Eifert

    42) Arthur Brown. Not a need but a dependable player. I'm convinced he's better than the two guys we signed in free agency, and would prove that in a hurry. Besides, I'm a sucker for guys who were extremely highly rated coming out of high school

    54) Armstead. Not difficult at all. Athletes of that caliber are worth the risk. I wasn't going to chance 77, even if this seemed a bit too high. Plus I knew it would spark debate over Armstead vs. Albert, who could have been had for this pick

    77) Toughest pick by far. I was back and forth, upset that Keenan Allen was nabbed one pick earlier. He's slow but I did see the Reggie Wayne comparison, which I thought of long before others started using it. Wanted a defensive back but nobody thrilled me. I ended up with Steadman Bailey

    82) Matt Barkley. Go ahead and scoff. It had become ridiculous at this point. Not as if we're dominant at backup quarterback, or Tannehill couldn't use a push

    Early 4th round) I don't remember the pick number but this was the ultimate no-brainer: Brian Schwenke. I mentioned in the Saturday night thread that he stood out to me among the guys still available. With Schwenke and Armstead on the front line we're considerably fortified there, even if I ignored cornerback.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -28
    Dogbone34's Avatar
    cowboy surfer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    2,715
    vCash:
    2267
    Loc:
    Los Angeles
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would have stayed at 12 and taken Tyler Eifert.

    I can't knock the move up. I like Jordan. Miami needs him to hit it hard and now.

    The upside is good with him but there are concerns. I had zero concerns with Eifert.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -29
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    32,268
    vCash:
    29776
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
    I did this mentally in real time, but only at Miami's initial spots, and only until early 4th round. After that I started watching the PGA golf, and I really wasn't fully informed on the late picks anyway. I would have been making some informed picks, some stabs, and some stumped.

    12) I would have been disappointed but not surprised that Tavon Austin was gone. The league had to wise up at some point. I considered Richardson since I viewed him as a true disruptor and more talented than the two high profile defensive tackles. Those comments prior to the Georgia game bothered me. In the end I decided the best combo of sensible and safe was Tyler Eifert

    42) Arthur Brown. Not a need but a dependable player. I'm convinced he's better than the two guys we signed in free agency, and would prove that in a hurry. Besides, I'm a sucker for guys who were extremely highly rated coming out of high school

    54) Armstead. Not difficult at all. Athletes of that caliber are worth the risk. I wasn't going to chance 77, even if this seemed a bit too high. Plus I knew it would spark debate over Armstead vs. Albert, who could have been had for this pick

    77) Toughest pick by far. I was back and forth, upset that Keenan Allen was nabbed one pick earlier. He's slow but I did see the Reggie Wayne comparison, which I thought of long before others started using it. Wanted a defensive back but nobody thrilled me. I ended up with Steadman Bailey

    82) Matt Barkley. Go ahead and scoff. It had become ridiculous at this point. Not as if we're dominant at backup quarterback, or Tannehill couldn't use a push

    Early 4th round) I don't remember the pick number but this was the ultimate no-brainer: Brian Schwenke. I mentioned in the Saturday night thread that he stood out to me among the guys still available. With Schwenke and Armstead on the front line we're considerably fortified there, even if I ignored cornerback.
    Matt Barkley in 4th was good value. Never again should any prospect stay in school if they can drafted high
    Quote Quote  

  10. -30
    normaniii's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    2,242
    vCash:
    4341
    Loc:
    wales and will die a prou
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
    I did this mentally in real time, but only at Miami's initial spots, and only until early 4th round. After that I started watching the PGA golf, and I really wasn't fully informed on the late picks anyway. I would have been making some informed picks, some stabs, and some stumped.

    12) I would have been disappointed but not surprised that Tavon Austin was gone. The league had to wise up at some point. I considered Richardson since I viewed him as a true disruptor and more talented than the two high profile defensive tackles. Those comments prior to the Georgia game bothered me. In the end I decided the best combo of sensible and safe was Tyler Eifert

    42) Arthur Brown. Not a need but a dependable player. I'm convinced he's better than the two guys we signed in free agency, and would prove that in a hurry. Besides, I'm a sucker for guys who were extremely highly rated coming out of high school

    54) Armstead. Not difficult at all. Athletes of that caliber are worth the risk. I wasn't going to chance 77, even if this seemed a bit too high. Plus I knew it would spark debate over Armstead vs. Albert, who could have been had for this pick

    77) Toughest pick by far. I was back and forth, upset that Keenan Allen was nabbed one pick earlier. He's slow but I did see the Reggie Wayne comparison, which I thought of long before others started using it. Wanted a defensive back but nobody thrilled me. I ended up with Steadman Bailey

    82) Matt Barkley. Go ahead and scoff. It had become ridiculous at this point. Not as if we're dominant at backup quarterback, or Tannehill couldn't use a push

    Early 4th round) I don't remember the pick number but this was the ultimate no-brainer: Brian Schwenke. I mentioned in the Saturday night thread that he stood out to me among the guys still available. With Schwenke and Armstead on the front line we're considerably fortified there, even if I ignored cornerback.
    I have no issue with Barkley. I even think its smart move cap wise. QBs are massively overpaid, so if u can get a couple of good ones in draft, you can really load up on rest of roster.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Patriots are low on draft picks while the phins are loaded with picks
    By phinatic1399 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 11-03-2012, 10:41 AM
  2. Turn 5 picks in the top 96 into 3 1st round picks next year?
    By foozool13 in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-09-2012, 12:07 PM
  3. 5 picks in the top 96 into 3 1st round picks next year?
    By foozool13 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-29-2012, 05:51 PM
  4. Fins New Draft Picks (after Ginn & Marshall Trades) - 10 PICKS
    By TrinidadDolfan in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-18-2010, 10:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •