Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dion Jordan Haters!!!

Hybrid View

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks

Video 1 Dion Jordan Haters!!!

Here's a video for everyone who's questioning the Dion Jordan pick because he only had 5 sacks. This is video proof that he wasn't asked to rush the passer that often, and when he did he almost always got pressure when blocked by one player. Not so much when he got double teamed but that will happen to the best of them. Teams can't double him AND Wake. If you can't see the potential in this kid after watching this video then you need your head examined.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=X81V6wdvIUY
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't think anyone denies the potential. They're just not sold on using the 3rd pick on potential alone. I for one love the pick and find it funny that we finally grab one of the top skill position players in the draft and we still get reamed for it.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fintastic17 View Post
    I don't think anyone denies the potential. They're just not sold on using the 3rd pick on potential alone. I for one love the pick and find it funny that we finally grab one of the top skill position players in the draft and we still get reamed for it.
    Ansah was a potential pick. Jordan has shown that he is extremely versatile and athletic and he also produced on the field. The problem is that many people look at sacks alone without thinking about everything else this guy can do. Watching this video reminds me of how Saban utilized Jason Taylor.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I loved the pick
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    From what I got... he's a really good pass rusher...but looks terrible against the run. On a few plays I saw him getting blocked by the fullback... sorry but the Arizona fullback should be blocking the #3 pick. That's my main concern with him is he just doesn't get off blocks very well against the run
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by PlexGod View Post
    From what I got... he's a really good pass rusher...but looks terrible against the run. On a few plays I saw him getting blocked by the fullback... sorry but the Arizona fullback should be blocking the #3 pick. That's my main concern with him is he just doesn't get off blocks very well against the run
    Well you'd be pretty wrong on that statement IMO.

Deshaun Watson is the TRUTH!
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PlexGod View Post
    He got blocked a few times but everyone does. I'm sure he'll get better with experience and coaching. What I saw is a guy that is extremely versatile. Can rush the passer, cover TE, drop back in coverage and make plays on the ball. He's fast and agile for his size. Needs a little more weight on his bones but that'll happen natrually. Remember that came wake wasn't a great run defender and still isn't and he's a probowler.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He's gonna be a good one.

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You should show a you tube video of him versus USC. lol
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    You should show a you tube video of him versus USC. lol
    To be fair, I think that you (and the Dion haters) need to mention the fact that Jordan played the whole USC game WITH a shoulder injury (that) required surgery. Remember he hurt his shoulder against Colorado on Oct 27 then he played USC game on Nov 3, it seems very few people ever mention the fact that he PLAYED HURT the rest of the year AND could not really lift weights (to increase his strength) or push off OTs with his right arm. I like the fact that he tried to play in pain (in general ONE arm) as best he could (obviously slightly limiting himself) that's a team leader to me who will play hurt, sometimes that's bad obviously. I also like the fact that he NEVER complained about being hurt to the media and just tried to help his team. Of course Jordan should be good to go by training camp (I hope). Bottom-line before he was hurt he was a BEAST, for the life of me I have no idea why anyone would base ANY conclusions regarding Jordon on any game AFTER the Colorado game on Oct 27, since he was handicapped the rest of the season.

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    what is a good GM in your opine Danny?

Fact is, for all the biotchin over Ireland, the guy has done better than 2/3rds of the league the last two years. Once you have your Qb and coach, its all downhill from here as long as your drafting good.

This draft is an A or B by most people's standards. Most people say that LT is our only problem and keep bringing that up as if that were some kind of serious problem that will linger to eternity.

Well, we had four guys in lately who are very capable given Martin is bigger now and is up for taking the LT spot. But whatever, Ireland sucks and the rest of the league is just head and shoulders above.

Thats crap. The Jets are a complete joke. The Bills are a mess. The Steelers have spent there way into averageness. Ravens got their house stolen by Ireland by taking the one Lb they looked forward to.

Cmon man! You Ireland haters are unreal. You live in the past. You nitpick any negative you can get your hands on. We all know why you haters exist. Its because Bryants mommas a prostitiute.
    Excellent Post :-)
    Last edited by twohype; 04-30-2013 at 06:21 PM.
    Quote Quote