Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dion Jordan Haters!!!

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks

Video 1 Dion Jordan Haters!!!

Here's a video for everyone who's questioning the Dion Jordan pick because he only had 5 sacks. This is video proof that he wasn't asked to rush the passer that often, and when he did he almost always got pressure when blocked by one player. Not so much when he got double teamed but that will happen to the best of them. Teams can't double him AND Wake. If you can't see the potential in this kid after watching this video then you need your head examined.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=X81V6wdvIUY
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't think anyone denies the potential. They're just not sold on using the 3rd pick on potential alone. I for one love the pick and find it funny that we finally grab one of the top skill position players in the draft and we still get reamed for it.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fintastic17 View Post
    I don't think anyone denies the potential. They're just not sold on using the 3rd pick on potential alone. I for one love the pick and find it funny that we finally grab one of the top skill position players in the draft and we still get reamed for it.
    Ansah was a potential pick. Jordan has shown that he is extremely versatile and athletic and he also produced on the field. The problem is that many people look at sacks alone without thinking about everything else this guy can do. Watching this video reminds me of how Saban utilized Jason Taylor.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    From what I got... he's a really good pass rusher...but looks terrible against the run. On a few plays I saw him getting blocked by the fullback... sorry but the Arizona fullback should be blocking the #3 pick. That's my main concern with him is he just doesn't get off blocks very well against the run
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by PlexGod View Post
    From what I got... he's a really good pass rusher...but looks terrible against the run. On a few plays I saw him getting blocked by the fullback... sorry but the Arizona fullback should be blocking the #3 pick. That's my main concern with him is he just doesn't get off blocks very well against the run
    Well you'd be pretty wrong on that statement IMO.

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He's gonna be a good one.

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PlexGod View Post
    He got blocked a few times but everyone does. I'm sure he'll get better with experience and coaching. What I saw is a guy that is extremely versatile. Can rush the passer, cover TE, drop back in coverage and make plays on the ball. He's fast and agile for his size. Needs a little more weight on his bones but that'll happen natrually. Remember that came wake wasn't a great run defender and still isn't and he's a probowler.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You should show a you tube video of him versus USC. lol
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I still think one of the most enticing things about his potential is his coverage ability.

With the advent of monsters like Gronkowski, and people like Eifert coming in who are "too strong" for DBs to cover, and "too fast" for LBs. His 4.6 speed and 6'6" size could be the perfect type of player to defend this seemingly unstoppable player type.

I'm sure he'll grab a couple sacks too, but I envision him being a great chess piece in helping shut down these seam threat TEs.
    Supporter of logic and organizational consistency

Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WesternNYDolfan View Post
    I still think one of the most enticing things about his potential is his coverage ability.

With the advent of monsters like Gronkowski, and people like Eifert coming in who are "too strong" for DBs to cover, and "too fast" for LBs. His 4.6 speed and 6'6" size could be the perfect type of player to defend this seemingly unstoppable player type.

I'm sure he'll grab a couple sacks too, but I envision him being a great chess piece in helping shut down these seam threat TEs.
    Problem is covering guys like this is not about pure speed. We have brought in plenty of guys with speed that were considered to have good coverage skills(Karlos Dansby, Kelvin Burnett and Phillip Wheeler)
    Hell Welker isnt extremely fast . We shall see but there is a big difference in covering certain guys in college and covering these guys.
    Quote Quote