Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Dion Jordan Haters!!!

1. -41
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I don't call your posts negative. How can anyone expect you or anyone else to be positive all th ime when the team hasn't won a superbowl in 40 years? You're just being realistic. People on this love calling people haters just cause they don't believe every single move the team makes is a great move. I don't blame Ireland for everything but I also don't believe he's a very good GM.....I do like the fact that now he's taking some chances instead of trying to play it safe. Of course he knows he needs to win now so maybe he needed that push. Anyway, for whatever is worth, the words "haters" and "homers" need to stop. We're all just fans of the same team.

Ozzy rules!!
    what is a good GM in your opine Danny?

Fact is, for all the biotchin over Ireland, the guy has done better than 2/3rds of the league the last two years. Once you have your Qb and coach, its all downhill from here as long as your drafting good.

This draft is an A or B by most people's standards. Most people say that LT is our only problem and keep bringing that up as if that were some kind of serious problem that will linger to eternity.

Well, we had four guys in lately who are very capable given Martin is bigger now and is up for taking the LT spot. But whatever, Ireland sucks and the rest of the league is just head and shoulders above.

Thats crap. The Jets are a complete joke. The Bills are a mess. The Steelers have spent there way into averageness. Ravens got their house stolen by Ireland by taking the one Lb they looked forward to.

Cmon man! You Ireland haters are unreal. You live in the past. You nitpick any negative you can get your hands on. We all know why you haters exist. Its because Bryants mommas a prostitiute.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    You should show a you tube video of him versus USC. lol
    To be fair, I think that you (and the Dion haters) need to mention the fact that Jordan played the whole USC game WITH a shoulder injury (that) required surgery. Remember he hurt his shoulder against Colorado on Oct 27 then he played USC game on Nov 3, it seems very few people ever mention the fact that he PLAYED HURT the rest of the year AND could not really lift weights (to increase his strength) or push off OTs with his right arm. I like the fact that he tried to play in pain (in general ONE arm) as best he could (obviously slightly limiting himself) that's a team leader to me who will play hurt, sometimes that's bad obviously. I also like the fact that he NEVER complained about being hurt to the media and just tried to help his team. Of course Jordan should be good to go by training camp (I hope). Bottom-line before he was hurt he was a BEAST, for the life of me I have no idea why anyone would base ANY conclusions regarding Jordon on any game AFTER the Colorado game on Oct 27, since he was handicapped the rest of the season.

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post

Fact is, for all the biotchin over Ireland, the guy has done better than 2/3rds of the league the last two years. Once you have your Qb and coach, its all downhill from here as long as your drafting good.

This draft is an A or B by most people's standards. Most people say that LT is our only problem and keep bringing that up as if that were some kind of serious problem that will linger to eternity.

Well, we had four guys in lately who are very capable given Martin is bigger now and is up for taking the LT spot. But whatever, Ireland sucks and the rest of the league is just head and shoulders above.

Thats crap. The Jets are a complete joke. The Bills are a mess. The Steelers have spent there way into averageness. Ravens got their house stolen by Ireland by taking the one Lb they looked forward to.

Cmon man! You Ireland haters are unreal. You live in the past. You nitpick any negative you can get your hands on. We all know why you haters exist. Its because Bryants mommas a prostitiute.
    Excellent Post :-)
    Last edited by twohype; 04-30-2013 at 06:21 PM.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigNastyDB13 View Post
    You cant assume he wouldn't either. Unless you think he somehow got worse at rushing the passer from his first full season to his next. That's the problem with looking at just stats and not knowing the circumstances behind it. How many sacks did Wake have his senior year in college? I consider myself a realist and damn sure not a pom pom fan but its hard not to look at Jordan and expect him to be a force. He's just too athletically gifted to not succeed. If we still had Sparano and company coaching these guys up then I'd be a little hesitant but I'd be shocked if Philbin and Coyle don't turn this kids immense potential into production.
    There have been plenty of athletic guys that looked great in college that did nothing in the pros. Please dont compare Jordan and Wake in college because if they are similar than Jordan will not be good enough to make an NFL team at this point. Wake worked his azz off and made himself a better player, watching him in college would give little clue what a player he has become. He was a very average college player.

Also its easy to say there is a problem with looking at the stats if they dont suit an arguement. If Jordan had 15 sacks his senior year dont tell me it would not be used to show how great a player he was.
    there are measures of greatness. There are alot of backs with similar skills to Adrian Peterson(not that many but a few lol) but you have to actually go out there and do it. im not making my opinion of Jordan based on just stats. I think he is good in alot of things just great in none. He may be a great NFL player or he may just be another player or he might even bust
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    It really does need to be noted that through 7 games before the shoulder injury he had 5.0 sacks and 7.0 TFLs, 2 forced fumbles, 29 tackles, etc...and then his effectiveness dipped considerably after he tore his labrum.

An injury is an injury. People talk about what he looked like on tape against USC or Stanford and he had a torn labrum during those games. Still fairly effective overall but the more appropriate games to watch film on would be Fresno State, Arizona, Washington State, Washington or Arizona State. Also his 2011 work, which is how I originally came to really like him as a prospect.
    I think its an important piece of information CK. I wasn't aware of when the injury occurred and I wasn't aware of the production drop-off that the injury caused. From reading people's opinion of Jordan and not liking the pick based on him "only having 5 sacks" I'd venture to say I'm not the only one who wasn't aware of this information. I'm curious to know what you thought of the draft. If you've already done an analysis I'd appreciate a link to it.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post

wow the word haters again. I wont even comment on most of it but u do realize they could have easily kept Ellerbee if he was that valuable to them. They chose not to outbid us or even match. They were very specific what they were willing to pay him, they then spent that money on a guy they thought was worth that money and it was Dumervil.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There have been plenty of athletic guys that looked great in college that did nothing in the pros. Please dont compare Jordan and Wake in college because if they are similar than Jordan will not be good enough to make an NFL team at this point. Wake worked his azz off and made himself a better player, watching him in college would give little clue what a player he has become. He was a very average college player.

Also its easy to say there is a problem with looking at the stats if they dont suit an arguement. If Jordan had 15 sacks his senior year dont tell me it would not be used to show how great a player he was.
    there are measures of greatness. There are alot of backs with similar skills to Adrian Peterson(not that many but a few lol) but you have to actually go out there and do it. im not making my opinion of Jordan based on just stats. I think he is good in alot of things just great in none. He may be a great NFL player or he may just be another player or he might even bust
    I'm not going to get into a big debate over Peterson but I'll say this...as an Oklahoma resident I can tell you there was NO DOUBT that Peterson was going to be an absolute stud from his first game as a true freshman. I remember watching his first game with a handful of friends and we all said "this kid is ****ing awesome" he'll be a top 5 pick when he declares. If not for injuries he likely would've been a top 5 pick and we said that AFTER ONE GAME AS A FRESHMAN. There's some guys who jump out at you with their physical abilities and Dion Jordan is one of those. This kid isn't going to bust. If this kid isn't at least above average I'll do everything in my power to take that Debbie Downer Award from you Who has similar skills to Peterson?
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think Jordan is a great athlete but that doesnt always equate to great football player at next level. Im not even sure how we are going to use him, I know they have a plan but I think he was drafted way too much on potential and not what they saw he was capable of on field. Reminds me of the Ronnie Brown pick in that respect.
    Excellent point, we will need to see how da Phinz use him this season. I also believe that he is going to need full year in an NFL weight room to really become the BEAST da Phinz think he will become :-)
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What I am about to say in reality makes little difference but 28 other teams in the NFl had an opportunity to move up and take Dion Jordan. Our offer was not mind blowing and quite below value.
    This is not to say that Jordan will not be a nice player but its shows he wasnt considered special enough to give more than we gave for him. We obviously thought alot of him and thats what counts but if he was the mind blowing talent that some act like he is, do u not think someone would have made a better offer.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What I am about to say in reality makes little difference but 28 other teams in the NFl had an opportunity to move up and take Dion Jordan. Our offer was not mind blowing and quite below value.
    This is not to say that Jordan will not be a nice player but its shows he wasnt considered special enough to give more than we gave for him. We obviously thought alot of him and thats what counts but if he was the mind blowing talent that some act like he is, do u not think someone would have made a better offer.
    If Dan Marino was a mind blowing talent, don't you think someone would've taken him before Miami did? That's a weak ass argument bro. The kid went 3 and likely wouldn't have made it past 4.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigNastyDB13 View Post
    I'm not going to get into a big debate over Peterson but I'll say this...as an Oklahoma resident I can tell you there was NO DOUBT that Peterson was going to be an absolute stud from his first game as a true freshman. I remember watching his first game with a handful of friends and we all said "this kid is ****ing awesome" he'll be a top 5 pick when he declares. If not for injuries he likely would've been a top 5 pick and we said that AFTER ONE GAME AS A FRESHMAN. There's some guys who jump out at you with their physical abilities and Dion Jordan is one of those. This kid isn't going to bust. If this kid isn't at least above average I'll do everything in my power to take that Debbie Downer Award from you

So no player with Jordan's attributes has ever been just an average NFL player. As for the award I could care less its a badge of honor in a way because it shows how ill informed some people are and the derogatory nature of some of the people that run finheaven with what is accepted
    Quote Quote