Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Thread: Dion Jordan Haters!!!

1. -101
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    The guy was hurt but dont give me that playing with one arm crap. He was jumping all over the place and using both arms in the Stanford game. We all shall see if he is the best player in the 2013 draft I dont agree its really not that big a deal. I didnt see him dominate the way you saw it I guess. Jarvis Jones will be a better nfl player thats my opinion so lets see
    I guess that's one point of view, but what's the players point of view? Here's what Dion "The Preying Mantis!" Jordan had to say about his shoulder (and playing hurt), he makes his point pretty clear (there is nothing else to say):

Quote from the Miami Herald "Asked about the pace of his recovery from the shoulder surgery, Jordan said: Iím doing well. Canít give you a percentage. Iím not a battery. I tried it already, playing football with one arm. It doesnít work."

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/05/0...ome-light.html
    Quote Quote  

2. -102
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twohype View Post
    I guess that's one point of view, but what's the players point of view? Here's what Dion "The Preying Mantis!" Jordan had to say about his shoulder (and playing hurt), he makes his point pretty clear (there is nothing else to say):

Quote from the Miami Herald "Asked about the pace of his recovery from the shoulder surgery, Jordan said: Iím doing well. Canít give you a percentage. Iím not a battery. I tried it already, playing football with one arm. It doesnít work."

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/05/0...ome-light.html
    Im sure it hampered him but wasnt a huge fan of him the prior year. he is a damn good prospect but I dont see him as the force most do on the board. karlos Dansby played hurt much of the season but nobody is making excuses for him.
    in fact torn labrum or not he was actively using both hands
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

3. -103
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You should show a you tube video of him versus USC. lol
    Torn labrum.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

4. -104
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    I was wondering when someone was going to win this thread, shouldve figured it would be J.

Not much I can say that J didnt, but if I could chose between a sack and a QB pressure that leads to an INT, id take the 2nd option. Its not all about sacks. Its about what you bring to the game. Jordan brings PRESSURE on the QB. He brings the ability to do multiple things, therefore making the QB think about several more things before the snap. He is a huge problem for the opposing OL, TEs, QB, and backfield.

All this kid is going to do is cause all kinds of havoc like what J talked about in his post. He is going to give the QB a headache in more ways than one. He is going to piss off several members of the opposing OL. First hand he will embarrass a few and the ones who are forced to single up on Wake are going to be hating the fact that Jordan's presence leaves them with that task.
    I don't agree with that and I'm not sure that's what JCane was saying either. I think what JCane was trying to say is that pressures are under-represented in the argument, not necessarily that a pressure is more valuable than a sack.

The statistical relationship between sacks and fumbles lost by quarterbacks is stronger than the statistical relationship between pressures and interceptions. A sack is approximate 3x more likely to produce a LOST fumble by the quarterback than an interception. Additionally, about 43% of all pressures still result in a completion. Average yards per completion in the NFL is about 11.6 yards. That means pressures that don't result in a sack produce an average gain of probably about 5.0 yards, whereas sacks produce an average loss of -6.5 yards. Lastly, a pressure that doesn't result in a sack is just about as likely to produce a touchdown (3.14%) as it is an interception (3.59%).

So while I agree with JCane that pressures are serially under-represented by the mass of people who only look at sacks, I'm not going to agree that they count the same. A defense is still much better off sealing the deal with a sack.

What I think is generally under-represented are batted passes by the defensive line. They produce 0 yard gains nearly every time they happen. I say nearly because every now and then there's the odd batted pass that is still somehow caught by an offensive player, but even those are as likely to go down for negative gains as they are positive ones, so I think a 0.0 yard average per batted pass is probably accurate. Additionally, batted passes produce interceptions. I don't know what the statistical relationship is but a certain percentage of batted passes will be picked off, and I think it's more likely for them to be picked off by the defense than caught by the offense, due to where on the field they happen. So you've got a lot of interceptions that result from a batted pass, and I'm going to venture a guess that MAYBE one or two touchdowns have been scored over the last 10 years off a batted pass.

So to me those batted passes are very near to as valuable as sacks, and more valuable than pressures.
    Quote Quote  

5. -105
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Torn labrum.
    Ok show a video of him versus Wisconsin lol .
    Quote Quote  

6. -106
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Torn labrum.
    I dont know he used both arms quite well in those games. We dont know at that point how bad the labrum was, Im sure it hurt but there are different types of labrum tears.
    Im sure it hurt but if u especially watch the Stanford game he moved that shoulder quite well. Im sure if if Labrum tear was bad enough he would have been shut down earlier.
    Im sure that why they finally did shut him down because it got worse. All Labrum tears are definately not created equal and its obvious it was not as bad at first because they shut him down later.
    Quote Quote  

7. -107
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I dont know he used both arms quite well in those games. We dont know at that point how bad the labrum was, Im sure it hurt but there are different types of labrum tears.
    Im sure it hurt but if u especially watch the Stanford game he moved that shoulder quite well. Im sure if if Labrum tear was bad enough he would have been shut down earlier.
    Im sure that why they finally did shut him down because it got worse. All Labrum tears are definately not created equal and its obvious it was not as bad at first because they shut him down later.
    Cam Wake didn't show up on tape for you either -> how did that projection work for you?
    Quote Quote