Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dion Jordan Haters!!!

1. -11
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    he wont be covering in first year. straight out rushing withcam wake
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    he wont be covering in first year. straight out rushing withcam wake
    Im not convinced of what we are going to do. If we add weight to play Dl then covering down the line might not be as much as option. I do agree though since we brought in Wheeler who is supposed to be good in pass coverage against nfl players he might not be used that way.
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Problem is covering guys like this is not about pure speed. We have brought in plenty of guys with speed that were considered to have good coverage skills(Karlos Dansby, Kelvin Burnett and Phillip Wheeler)
    Hell Welker isnt extremely fast . We shall see but there is a big difference in covering certain guys in college and covering these guys.
    I know that, but Jordan has shown freakish agility for his size, which is really what its about. Usually a guy his size would be stiff in coverage, not the case with Jordan. And his size will make it tough for them to just throw it up
    Supporter of logic and organizational consistency

Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WesternNYDolfan View Post
    I know that, but Jordan has shown freakish agility for his size, which is really what its about. Usually a guy his size would be stiff in coverage, not the case with Jordan. And his size will make it tough for them to just throw it up
    I think Jordan is a great athlete but that doesnt always equate to great football player at next level. Im not even sure how we are going to use him, I know they have a plan but I think he was drafted way too much on potential and not what they saw he was capable of on field. Reminds me of the Ronnie Brown pick in that respect.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    This Is My House

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I hate the word haters. Just because they disagree with you doesn't mean they are haters.

I love the pick btw

Quote Quote  

6. -16
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks

Dion Jordan Haters!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    You should show a you tube video of him versus USC. lol
    What is so funny? He's now a Dolphin. Drop the lol and root for your team. You can be critical without taking such personal delight!!!
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Every time I see a YouTube video, I do not see massive playmaking, which is pointed out by every critic. However, what I do see is a serious motor to the play and a constant disruption of the play. I think he offers a freakish combination of skillsets that have not been refined. His lack of inexperience is visible and this is potentially what is most intriguing. You take a guy who lacks football fundamentals, put him on a top defense in the nation, and he is constantly disrupting plays, getting involved, and making an impact. Imagine what he would've been capable had he refined those small inconsistencies. Now, you take him and put him in the hands of professional gurus to tweak, train, and refine his athletic abilities.

Let's not forget: reads (pre-snap and post-snap), hand usage, etc. are all skillsets that are developed in football players. 6'6" height, 4.6 speed, natural instincts, etc. are not something that can be taught. He has the intangibles that others cannot obtain and lacks the basics that most have been developing all throughout their careers. His ceiling is frighteningly high, this, I like.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sacks might be the most overrated recorded statistic in the NFL today.

Sure, sacks are great when they happen. Sacks ALWAYS result in the loss of yards and could potentially lead to a big turnover, but putting 1.0 sack in the stat sheet is so overrated.

More often than not on a play that results in a sack, it's due to the QB hanging onto the football for way too long or because someone on the offensive line missed an assignment, etc. Rarely ever does a sack occur in a one-on-one situation where the defensive lineman just mauls the offensive lineman. It happens, yes, but it's less likely that a sack happens that way than the QB simply hanging onto the football too long.

This idea that Dion Jordan is some kind of average athlete or average defensive lineman because of his sack total is so ridiculous that some of you just need to quit the Internet all together lol. Dion Jordan on one side of the line means that offenses have to account for this hybrid player. Is he rushing, or is he dropping into coverage. As a QB, I have to adjust my routes if he's dropping into coverage and if he's rushing, I have to adjust my protection upfront because a guy with his size and his speed, I can't afford to double up Wake on the other side.

Move along, fantasy football guys.

Quote Quote  

9. -19
    We Are Still Going To The SB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Completely destroy the blocking player in the :48 Seconds Point.
    Great Tackle coming off the Edge in the :59 Seconds Point.
    Fights Off a Blocker and makes a good open field tackle at the 1:08 Point.
    Covers the X receiver at the 2:45 point. (I can't recall the last time I saw a DE/OLB covering the X receiver before. I'm sure it has happened. Personally I can't remember)
    Good Pressure at the 3:08 point.
    First One to make a tackle on the Kickoff at the 3:22 Point.
    Was left unblock on the weakside, and made a good at the point tackle on the RB at the 3:44 Point!
    Good coverage and almost interception at 4:12 Point.
    Good handchop and pressure which result into an interception at 4:32 point mark.

Didn't notice one time in this game were he was overpowered, as a matter of fact I saw the opposite. He does have a spin move in his repertoire, although in this game when he did use it, it didn't result into a pressure or sack.

I hope Kevin Coyle continues to utilize in any many different roles as well..
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ohall View Post
    What is so funny? He's now a Dolphin. Drop the lol and root for your team. You can be critical without taking such personal delight!!!
    He is a dolphin I wish him the best doenst mean he played a good game versus USC. Believe me I dont delight in 7-9. Believe me I dont delight that there is a possibility that Jordan may just be another player.
    My point was u can use a selective group of videos to make any player look good.
    Quote Quote