Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Dion Jordan Haters!!!

1. -31
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm not sure people hate the guy. Some people are just not sure if that potential will translate into greatness in the NFL and when you move up to #3 to pick a guy there, you want that guy to be great. Time will tell how good he turns out to be. What I see on tape is a guy that gets to the QB using only one move and that is going fast around the OT which in college you can do but in the NFL is harder to do. He needs to develop another move or 2. He also needs to get a little bigger and stronger to be able to play the run. On the good side, I heard an ex teamate of his at Oregon talking about him today and saying that the guy works very hard and he's a great person too so that's all good things right there. For sure the potential is there and I can't wait to see what he can do but you can't blame some people for taking a wait and see attitude at this time.You all need to stop calling people haters just cause they don't think a player is good or not.That word is way over use in this forum.

Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    If I came here to agree with everyone, I would not come here to agree with everyone. Yeah, I do like Yogi.
    I think many miss the point of what a discussion board is for. Some act like all they should hear is positive discussion of a team that has not had a winning season in about half a decade. HAs not won a playoff game in over a decade. HAs not been to a superbowl in 3 decades and not won a superbowl in 4 decades. I dont know about you but 40 years is a long damn time lol
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    For all our disagreements Im glad some people understand. I know Im not a popular poster due to my views on the phins as evidenced by the three straight awards I have been given(not to mention the award is basically an attempt to demean me as a poster because of the intrinsic name of the award) The funny thing is by nature being critical of a team that has been bad would not be classified as being a debbie downer in reality) Its all good Im here to have discussions on my favorite team,not to win a popularity contest.
    At least you received an award! I'm jealous. On topic, CK made an important post on "that other site", Jordan had 5 sack in the first 7 games prior to sustaining his shoulder injury. He got 0 sacks afterwards. Had he not been injured, its not unreasonable to assume he would've gotten roughly 10 sacks and everyone on this board would love the pick. He did get what 7.5 sacks his first full season on defense? I think Jordan will be used much like Olivier Vernon was used last season, although he'll likely get more PT than Vernon did. I just think about how dangerous he's going to be standing up at the line of scrimmage in the nickel when the Dolphins employ that blitz look. They often had 6-7 guys at the line of scrimmage with some blitzing and some dropping back. Don't be surprised when this kid gets 8+ sacks next year.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigNastyDB13 View Post
    At least you received an award! I'm jealous. On topic, CK made an important post on "that other site", Jordan had 5 sack in the first 7 games prior to sustaining his shoulder injury. He got 0 sacks afterwards. Had he not been injured, its not unreasonable to assume he would've gotten roughly 10 sacks and everyone on this board would love the pick. He did get what 7.5 sacks his first full season on defense? I think Jordan will be used much like Olivier Vernon was used last season, although he'll likely get more PT than Vernon did. I just think about how dangerous he's going to be standing up at the line of scrimmage in the nickel when the Dolphins employ that blitz look. They often had 6-7 guys at the line of scrimmage with some blitzing and some dropping back. Don't be surprised when this kid gets 8+ sacks next year.

You cant just speculate like that. Thats from the same crowd that said Ronnie Brown would lead the league in rushing based off of 7 games one season.
    Maybe he would have maybe he wouldnt.

To play devils advocate he got those sacks versus Fresno St, Tennesee Tech, Wash St and Ariz St. Ariz St was a good team but gave up alot of sacks 37.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    For all our disagreements Im glad some people understand. I know Im not a popular poster due to my views on the phins as evidenced by the three straight awards I have been given(not to mention the award is basically an attempt to demean me as a poster because of the intrinsic name of the award) The funny thing is by nature being critical of a team that has been bad would not be classified as being a debbie downer in reality) Its all good Im here to have discussions on my favorite team,not to win a popularity contest.
    I don't call your posts negative. How can anyone expect you or anyone else to be positive all th ime when the team hasn't won a superbowl in 40 years? You're just being realistic. People on this love calling people haters just cause they don't believe every single move the team makes is a great move. I don't blame Ireland for everything but I also don't believe he's a very good GM.....I do like the fact that now he's taking some chances instead of trying to play it safe. Of course he knows he needs to win now so maybe he needed that push. Anyway, for whatever is worth, the words "haters" and "homers" need to stop. We're all just fans of the same team.

Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It really does need to be noted that through 7 games before the shoulder injury he had 5.0 sacks and 7.0 TFLs, 2 forced fumbles, 29 tackles, etc...and then his effectiveness dipped considerably after he tore his labrum.

An injury is an injury. People talk about what he looked like on tape against USC or Stanford and he had a torn labrum during those games. Still fairly effective overall but the more appropriate games to watch film on would be Fresno State, Arizona, Washington State, Washington or Arizona State. Also his 2011 work, which is how I originally came to really like him as a prospect.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I don't call your posts negative. How can anyone expect you or anyone else to be positive all th ime when the team hasn't won a superbowl in 40 years? You're just being realistic. People on this love calling people haters just cause they don't believe every single move the team makes is a great move. I don't blame Ireland for everything but I also don't believe he's a very good GM.....I do like the fact that now he's taking some chances instead of trying to play it safe. Of course he knows he needs to win now so maybe he needed that push. Anyway, for whatever is worth, the words "haters" and "homers" need to stop. We're all just fans of the same team.

Ozzy rules!!

Two things I would like to at least see us in superbowl before I die and I used to live in Kissimmee
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You cant just speculate like that. Thats from the same crowd that said Ronnie Brown would lead the league in rushing based off of 7 games one season.
    Maybe he would have maybe he wouldnt.

To play devils advocate he got those sacks versus Fresno St, Tennesee Tech, Wash St and Ariz St. Ariz St was a good team but gave up alot of sacks 37.
    You cant assume he wouldn't either. Unless you think he somehow got worse at rushing the passer from his first full season to his next. That's the problem with looking at just stats and not knowing the circumstances behind it. How many sacks did Wake have his senior year in college? I consider myself a realist and damn sure not a pom pom fan but its hard not to look at Jordan and expect him to be a force. He's just too athletically gifted to not succeed. If we still had Sparano and company coaching these guys up then I'd be a little hesitant but I'd be shocked if Philbin and Coyle don't turn this kids immense potential into production.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Two things I would like to at least see us in superbowl before I die and I used to live in Kissimmee
    Well, I was a kid the last time we won back in the 70's so it'd mean a lot more now and as far as Kissimmee, you're not missing much but I have my club here so I'm staying...lol

Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    3rd Year QB Proving my Worth

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Asheville, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    PS4 ControllerTannehill 17Cam Wake 911972 Dolphins Logo
    Look at the tight end/qb combos we are facing this year, Dion Jordan being able to cover these tight ends adds a whole new dimension to our defense, which I believe will pay huge dividends THIS season. He may not be a sack machine from day 1, but our defense is MUCH improved.
    Quote Quote