Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Dion Jordan Haters!!!

1. -51
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigNastyDB13 View Post
    If Dan Marino was a mind blowing talent, don't you think someone would've taken him before Miami did? That's a weak ass argument bro. The kid went 3 and likely wouldn't have made it past 4.
    Actually you make my point. Marino wasnt seen as a mind blowing talent after we drafted him. He had potential much like Jordan has potential. Its about how Gm's in the league viewed him.
    Some people are like you watch the games and you cant dispute how good he is. If the league had viewed Dan Marino as a cant miss player he would not have been drafted so low and the same with Jordan that the compensation wouldnt be so low.

even the eagles with his college coach had to know that Jordan was likely gone with that pick until we moved up.
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back

WVdolphan "Ireland gets it.
    And those who also get it, know that Ireland gets it. Those who are clueless are still concerned about cornfed and the running game"

WVDOLPHAN "The last thing this team should be worried about is the OC(offensive corn). When you add it all up, its really a pretty solid OC"
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    It really does need to be noted that through 7 games before the shoulder injury he had 5.0 sacks and 7.0 TFLs, 2 forced fumbles, 29 tackles, etc...and then his effectiveness dipped considerably after he tore his labrum.

An injury is an injury. People talk about what he looked like on tape against USC or Stanford and he had a torn labrum during those games. Still fairly effective overall but the more appropriate games to watch film on would be Fresno State, Arizona, Washington State, Washington or Arizona State. Also his 2011 work, which is how I originally came to really like him as a prospect.
    BINGO we have a winner...........OUTSTANDING post :-)
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    So no player with Jordan's attributes has ever been just an average NFL player. As for the award I could care less its a badge of honor in a way because it shows how ill informed some people are and the derogatory nature of some of the people that run finheaven with what is accepted
    I don't mind your negative outlook and most of the time I agree with you but I cant get behind this notion that Jordan wasn't a good pick or that he wont be a good player. Their aren't many players to compare Jordan to athletically so its tough to say if people with his skill has busted. I know the players he has been compared to by draftniks have gone on to have pretty good careers. I haven't liked a Dolphins 1st round pick since Vontae Davis so there's every possibility I'm completely wrong but I'd put a large sum of money on Dion Jordan being a damn good football player.
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Actually you make my point. Marino wasnt seen as a mind blowing talent after we drafted him. He had potential much like Jordan has potential. Its about how Gm's in the league viewed him.
    Some people are like you watch the games and you cant dispute how good he is. If the league had viewed Dan Marino as a cant miss player he would not have been drafted so low and the same with Jordan that the compensation wouldnt be so low.

even the eagles with his college coach had to know that Jordan was likely gone with that pick until we moved up.
    Dan Marino was a supremely physically talented player who had a bad senior season, especially statistically. The Raiders gave up that pick so cheaply due to their lack of picks and the lack of top talent in the draft. That, and they gambled the guy they wanted would be there at 12. I'm not a draft guru but I can recognize undeniable talent when I see it. I'm still curious who has Peterson's skills?
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't mind your negative outlook and most of the time I agree with you but I cant get behind this notion that Jordan wasn't a good pick or that he wont be a good player. Their aren't many players to compare Jordan to athletically so its tough to say if people with his skill has busted. I know the players he has been compared to by draftniks have gone on to have pretty good careers. I haven't liked a Dolphins 1st round pick since Vontae Davis so there's every possibility I'm completely wrong but I'd put a large sum of money on Dion Jordan being a damn good football player.
    Hey I hope your right but would have much preferred a guy like Jarvis Jones who looks like he will be a dominant player at this level. Jarvis Jones is definately not the one trick pony that some people make him out to be or even Damontre Moore later in draft. Watch Jones verus Alabamas great OLine and tell me that his combine time makes one bit of difference

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

Dan Marino was a supremely physically talented player who had a bad senior season, especially statistically. The Raiders gave up that pick so cheaply due to their lack of picks and the lack of top talent in the draft. That, and they gambled the guy they wanted would be there at 12. I'm not a draft guru but I can recognize undeniable talent when I see it. I'm still curious who has Peterson's skills?
    So the Raiders did not try to get a better pick or noone else would offer more but I agree there was a lack of top talent in this draft.
    The raiders are stupid but dont tell me they didnt try to get the best offer they could for their pick like every other team in the nfl
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hey I hope your right but would have much preferred a guy like Jarvis Jones who looks like he will be a dominant player at this level. Jarvis Jones is definately not the one trick pony that some people make him out to be or even Damontre Moore later in draft. Watch Jones verus Alabamas great OLine and tell me that his combine time makes one bit of difference

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

So the Raiders did not try to get a better pick or noone else would offer more but I agree there was a lack of top talent in this draft.
    Jones is a good player and he's in the perfect situation in Pitt. I wouldn't have had any problem with Jones being picked by Miami @ 12. I'd take Jordan over Jones any day of the week though. I hope I'm right too because outside of our first 2 picks I was left rather disappointed in the draft.
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jones is a good player and he's in the perfect situation in Pitt. I wouldn't have had any problem with Jones being picked by Miami @ 12. I'd take Jordan over Jones any day of the week though. I hope I'm right too because outside of our first 2 picks I was left rather disappointed in the draft.
    I dont know what u see about Jordan that makes him better in any phase of the game outside of possible pass coverage but thats what opinions are for
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    We Are Still Going To The SB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The rumor of drugs is what drop Marino, not only using, but also selling, and that time it was not far remove from Reagans War On Drugs so no team wanted to touch him. The competing league the time still drafted him #1 overall.
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I dont know what u see about Jordan that makes him better in any phase of the game outside of possible pass coverage but thats what opinions are for
    If you agreed with me than our conversation would've been over a long time ago I don't mind a good debate and like I said more times than not I agree with you. It's hard to argue with someone speaking negatively of a franchise that's been a mess for a long time now but for the first time in a long time I have faith in our coaches and I think they've brought in some legit young talent this off-season. We got the 2 players I wanted most in FA and even threw in a couple guys I didn't expect but appreciated. Here's to a good season and Jordan dominating
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If you agreed with me than our conversation would've been over a long time ago I don't mind a good debate and like I said more times than not I agree with you. It's hard to argue with someone speaking negatively of a franchise that's been a mess for a long time now but for the first time in a long time I have faith in our coaches and I think they've brought in some legit young talent this off-season. We got the 2 players I wanted most in FA and even threw in a couple guys I didn't expect but appreciated. Here's to a good season and Jordan dominating
    Who was the other player u liked in free agency. As you know wasnt a great fan of our free agency but much like the draft u take what you get. Mike Wallace is not worth 12 to 13 million a year but what was the other option. You have to spend it somewhere esp when u have bad drafts like Ireland has had 2008-2010. You cant skip over guys like Hakeem Nicks and such and expect to get a guy like that for cheap in free agency
    Quote Quote