Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 107

Thread: Dion Jordan Haters!!!

  1. -61
    BigNastyDB13's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2008
    Posts:
    1,097
    vCash:
    1501
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Who was the other player u liked in free agency. As you know wasnt a great fan of our free agency but much like the draft u take what you get. Mike Wallace is not worth 12 to 13 million a year but what was the other option. You have to spend it somewhere esp when u have bad drafts like Ireland has had 2008-2010. You cant skip over guys like Hakeem Nicks and such and expect to get a guy like that for cheap in free agency
    I wanted Wallace and Grimes. Those were my two must haves based on our needs. They were the best WR and CB available. Wallace cost a ton and Grimes is an injury concern but they were 2 moves that had to be made because like you mentioned our drafts haven't yielded any playmakers. I was pleasantly surprised with Keller, Ellerbe and Wheeler. First off-season I've liked since like '94 lol
    Quote Quote  

  2. -62
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    32,453
    vCash:
    31318
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BigNastyDB13 View Post
    I wanted Wallace and Grimes. Those were my two must haves based on our needs. They were the best WR and CB available. Wallace cost a ton and Grimes is an injury concern but they were 2 moves that had to be made because like you mentioned our drafts haven't yielded any playmakers. I was pleasantly surprised with Keller, Ellerbe and Wheeler. First off-season I've liked since like '94 lol
    Outside of overpaying Wallace but like I said what choice do u have when u dont draft well, I absolutely hated signing Ellerbee to that contract reminds me of us outbidding ourselves for AJ Feeley. he couldnt break into lineup overly thoroughly average Jameel McClaIN but we want to back up the brinks truck over one season of good play
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -63
    BigNastyDB13's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2008
    Posts:
    1,097
    vCash:
    1501
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Outside of overpaying Wallace but like I said what choice do u have when u dont draft well, I absolutely hated signing Ellerbee to that contract reminds me of us outbidding ourselves for AJ Feeley
    We over-paid Wallace, Ellerbe and probably Wheeler as well but I like the players. It's not my job to make the contracts work but I was pleased to see us bring in some playmakers and I was pleased that Ireland took a chance in the first round on a playmaker. Agree or disagree with Jordan, Ireland made a ballsy move for a change. He very easily could've justified taking the "safe" pick and blowing another first round pick on an offensive linemen.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -64
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    32,453
    vCash:
    31318
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BigNastyDB13 View Post
    We over-paid Wallace, Ellerbe and probably Wheeler as well but I like the players. It's not my job to make the contracts work but I was pleased to see us bring in some playmakers and I was pleased that Ireland took a chance in the first round on a playmaker. Agree or disagree with Jordan, Ireland made a ballsy move for a change. He very easily could've justified taking the "safe" pick and blowing another first round pick on an offensive linemen.
    Well the term playmaker is somewhat overused and not sure that applies to either linebacker anymore than our former ones> concerns me though that our staff looked at Wheeler preivous year and obviously missed something
    Quote Quote  

  5. -65
    Twitches Brew's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2010
    Posts:
    1,208
    vCash:
    1478
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This thread is what occasionally exhausts me about you, dlockz. Here you're faced with a pretty good indicator of Dion Jordan's drop-off in production (his shoulder)--not to mention he was projected a top-5 pick by most, top-10 at least. But rather than acknowledge this injury correlation and take it positively and in a way that gives you more hope or to praise the FO...you hammer other evidence (ignoring the injury) that tells you it was a bad move and you continue bashing and saying 'he won't be that good, bad move'.

    This Jordan stuff is a choice (to consider the injury or not); and you choose the negative spin, all this on a college kid who hasn't played a down yet and who got drafted by your own team. Why do this? To me, this just doesn't sound like 'fan' behavior; it's like you'd rather predict he's going to suck than look for reasons he'll be good. Usually I don't mind your takes...but in this case I just don't get the point.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -66
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    2,252
    vCash:
    3844
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    What I am about to say in reality makes little difference but 28 other teams in the NFl had an opportunity to move up and take Dion Jordan. Our offer was not mind blowing and quite below value.
    This is not to say that Jordan will not be a nice player but its shows he wasnt considered special enough to give more than we gave for him. We obviously thought alot of him and thats what counts but if he was the mind blowing talent that some act like he is, do u not think someone would have made a better offer.
    Good point.....however it should be noted that the Eagles coach indicated that they were going to pick Jordan at 4, but the Phinz jumped them :-)
    Quote Quote  

  7. -67
    rev kev's Avatar
    ihaveprettyfeet

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    8,132
    vCash:
    9933
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    He is a dolphin I wish him the best doenst mean he played a good game versus USC. Believe me I dont delight in 7-9. Believe me I dont delight that there is a possibility that Jordan may just be another player.
    My point was u can use a selective group of videos to make any player look good.
    The rotator injury will slow anyone - anyone
    Quote Quote  

  8. -68
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2007
    Posts:
    8
    vCash:
    1016
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I loved the pick
    Quote Quote  

  9. -69
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    32,453
    vCash:
    31318
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitches Brew View Post
    This thread is what occasionally exhausts me about you, dlockz. Here you're faced with a pretty good indicator of Dion Jordan's drop-off in production (his shoulder)--not to mention he was projected a top-5 pick by most, top-10 at least. But rather than acknowledge this injury correlation and take it positively and in a way that gives you more hope or to praise the FO...you hammer other evidence (ignoring the injury) that tells you it was a bad move and you continue bashing and saying 'he won't be that good, bad move'.

    This Jordan stuff is a choice (to consider the injury or not); and you choose the negative spin, all this on a college kid who hasn't played a down yet and who got drafted by your own team. Why do this? To me, this just doesn't sound like 'fan' behavior; it's like you'd rather predict he's going to suck than look for reasons he'll be good. Usually I don't mind your takes...but in this case I just don't get the point.

    So I should love every pick we make because we take them. I mean we took Pat White was I supposed to assume he was going to be a stud. I wasnt a huge fan of Jordan his previous year in Oregon, just seemed another guy on the field. Im not basing my opinion post injury or pre injury. Go back and watch the bowl game verus Wisconsin last year and I just dont see a player worth taking with the number three pick in draft. Im not taking a negative spin on Jordan I just dont think he is a special player in the NFl, hope Im wrong. I mean its ok to say he is the next Jason Taylor or will be better than Von Miller or Aldon Smith but to think he is nothing special is such a hard thing to understand or accept. Players are drafted every year with differing opinions and high hopes I dont understand why its so wrong for me to disagree. Do you remember last year me saying Tannehill wasnt a good pick or MArtin. We all like and dislike players just as Gm's in the nfl all have different opinions. We didnt have to give up much to get the pick which showns u teams did not feel he was the next coming. Whats sad is if I was saying he was the next Jason Taylor I would be praised but to think otherwise is somehow choosing negative spin. I watched Oregon play alot and saw a good prospect but definately not some cant miss guy. If we had taken Vernon ghouston and I did not like the pick Im sure I would hear the same thing. I also did not think Chris Long was worth the number one pick or even the number two pick back in 2008.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -70
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    32,453
    vCash:
    31318
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by twohype View Post
    Good point.....however it should be noted that the Eagles coach indicated that they were going to pick Jordan at 4, but the Phinz jumped them :-)
    But they also knew there was a very good chance they could also not get him because Okaland has needs and another team might trade up for him.

    From Kelly himself
    The Miami Dolphins traded up to take Jordan one pick before the Eagles were on the board. The Dolphins gave up their No. 12 pick and their second-rounder (No. 42 overall) to the Oakland Raiders for the opportunity to get Jordan. Kelly hinted the Eagles had to give up a third-rounder to move up one pick, Garafolo reported, but decided that was too much.

    "When you start to get emotionally involved, and I was very conscious of that, then what do you have to do to move up?" Kelly said. "If you move up to get him, then that means you don't get Bennie Logan because you don't have a third-round pick, or you don't get Matt Barkley because you don't have a fourth-round pick. It's the accumulation of putting the whole team together. It's saying, 'What are you willing to sacrifice to get one player?'

    If he thought Jordan was cant miss he would not have scoffed at trading a 3rd round pick to move up. This doesnt mean he did not like him but shows that not everyone thinks he is the next coming.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Could Dion Jordan be like Von Miller?
    By finforlife in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-05-2013, 09:52 PM
  2. Dion Jordan?????
    By randy8216 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-27-2013, 11:34 AM
  3. Dion Jordan and # of snaps....
    By fanfin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-26-2013, 03:27 PM
  4. Dion Jordan will be FREElancing!!!
    By clutch in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-26-2013, 07:06 AM
  5. Dion jordan??
    By D0lphan72 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 131
    Last Post: 04-26-2013, 04:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •