Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 107

Thread: Dion Jordan Haters!!!

  1. -71
    CRAZYDOLFAN305's Avatar
    We Are Still Going To The SB

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    4,800
    vCash:
    1378
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twohype View Post
    Good point.....however it should be noted that the Eagles coach indicated that they were going to pick Jordan at 4, but the Phinz jumped them :-)
    Not only didn't the Raiders know who were trading up for. But only the Ravens, St. Louis, 49ers..Had enough ammo to move up.. We hit a ****ing homerun plain and simple. Jordan is not just a pass rusher, he is Lawrence Taylor REDO..
    Quote Quote  

  2. -72
    Twitches Brew's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2010
    Posts:
    1,201
    vCash:
    1438
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    So I should love every pick we make because we take them. I mean we took Pat White was I supposed to assume he was going to be a stud. I wasnt a huge fan of Jordan his previous year in Oregon, just seemed another guy on the field. Im not basing my opinion post injury or pre injury. Go back and watch the bowl game verus Wisconsin last year and I just dont see a player worth taking with the number three pick in draft. Im not taking a negative spin on Jordan I just dont think he is a special player in the NFl, hope Im wrong. I mean its ok to say he is the next Jason Taylor or will be better than Von Miller or Aldon Smith but to think he is nothing special is such a hard thing to understand or accept. Players are drafted every year with differing opinions and high hopes I dont understand why its so wrong for me to disagree. Do you remember last year me saying Tannehill wasnt a good pick or MArtin. We all like and dislike players just as Gm's in the nfl all have different opinions. We didnt have to give up much to get the pick which showns u teams did not feel he was the next coming. Whats sad is if I was saying he was the next Jason Taylor I would be praised but to think otherwise is somehow choosing negative spin. I watched Oregon play alot and saw a good prospect but definately not some cant miss guy. If we had taken Vernon ghouston and I did not like the pick Im sure I would hear the same thing. I also did not think Chris Long was worth the number one pick or even the number two pick back in 2008.
    I'm talking about ignoring the rotator cuff injury and dismissing it as an invalid bit of info. CK suggests you watch pre-injury videos as telling of his talent and production, and you just say 'No, I don't care because those games came against lesser teams'. Why do you choose to ignore the injury? You're choosing to see him negatively when there's a pretty clear and arguably legit stance that would make you see some more bright spots (the bad shoulder affected his play). Don't fans want to be optimistic for the future? Him being injured isn't speculation.

    Why don't you want to look on the bright side when there's a bright side available to you? You just sound unbelievably bitter.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -73
    rev kev's Avatar
    ihaveprettyfeet

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    7,963
    vCash:
    8658
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    So I should love every pick we make because we take them. I mean we took Pat White was I supposed to assume he was going to be a stud. I wasnt a huge fan of Jordan his previous year in Oregon, just seemed another guy on the field. Im not basing my opinion post injury or pre injury. Go back and watch the bowl game verus Wisconsin last year and I just dont see a player worth taking with the number three pick in draft. Im not taking a negative spin on Jordan I just dont think he is a special player in the NFl, hope Im wrong. I mean its ok to say he is the next Jason Taylor or will be better than Von Miller or Aldon Smith but to think he is nothing special is such a hard thing to understand or accept. Players are drafted every year with differing opinions and high hopes I dont understand why its so wrong for me to disagree. Do you remember last year me saying Tannehill wasnt a good pick or MArtin. We all like and dislike players just as Gm's in the nfl all have different opinions. We didnt have to give up much to get the pick which showns u teams did not feel he was the next coming. Whats sad is if I was saying he was the next Jason Taylor I would be praised but to think otherwise is somehow choosing negative spin. I watched Oregon play alot and saw a good prospect but definately not some cant miss guy. If we had taken Vernon ghouston and I did not like the pick Im sure I would hear the same thing. I also did not think Chris Long was worth the number one pick or even the number two pick back in 2008.
    So when you draft at #12 or #3 are you swinging for the fences? Are you drafting for what he was two years ago, or what he is in the now, and what potential growth tere will be in the future? I mean if he was better this past year prior to injury than two years is that a big issue to you? Aren't guys supposed to improve - did he go backwards? He projects well -> he looks the part of someone who is special time will tell -> we all assume they checked into his work habits. There is not always a mass leap of production from year to year but he was well on his way prior to injury, so maybe he figured something out. He carries himself like he belongs there is no doubt in his eyes -> I like that
    Quote Quote  

  4. -74
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    2,252
    vCash:
    3844
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitches Brew View Post
    I'm talking about ignoring the rotator cuff injury and dismissing it as an invalid bit of info. CK suggests you watch pre-injury videos as telling of his talent and production, and you just say 'No, I don't care because those games came against lesser teams'. Why do you choose to ignore the injury? You're choosing to see him negatively when there's a pretty clear and arguably legit stance that would make you see some more bright spots (the bad shoulder affected his play). Don't fans want to be optimistic for the future? Him being injured isn't speculation.

    Why don't you want to look on the bright side when there's a bright side available to you? You just sound unbelievably bitter.
    Well said :-)
    Quote Quote  

  5. -75
    Phin-o-rama's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2003
    Posts:
    5,795
    vCash:
    2595
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    He is a dolphin I wish him the best doenst mean he played a good game versus USC. Believe me I dont delight in 7-9. Believe me I dont delight that there is a possibility that Jordan may just be another player.
    My point was u can use a selective group of videos to make any player look good.
    I am not going to compare him to jason taylor because that's not fair but as great as taylor was...he certainly disappeared in plenty of games throughout his career. Cam Wake has gone games without doing a thing and then boom 3 sack game...etc
    Quote Quote  

  6. -76
    milldog's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    1,078
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Dion Jordan Haters!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    what is a good GM in your opine Danny?

    Fact is, for all the biotchin over Ireland, the guy has done better than 2/3rds of the league the last two years. Once you have your Qb and coach, its all downhill from here as long as your drafting good.

    This draft is an A or B by most people's standards. Most people say that LT is our only problem and keep bringing that up as if that were some kind of serious problem that will linger to eternity.

    Well, we had four guys in lately who are very capable given Martin is bigger now and is up for taking the LT spot. But whatever, Ireland sucks and the rest of the league is just head and shoulders above.

    Thats crap. The Jets are a complete joke. The Bills are a mess. The Steelers have spent there way into averageness. Ravens got their house stolen by Ireland by taking the one Lb they looked forward to.

    Cmon man! You Ireland haters are unreal. You live in the past. You nitpick any negative you can get your hands on. We all know why you haters exist. Its because Bryants mommas a prostitiute.
    Well said... Great post kiddo!
    Quote Quote  

  7. -77
    milldog's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    1,078
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Dion Jordan Haters!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by PlexGod View Post
    From what I got... he's a really good pass rusher...but looks terrible against the run. On a few plays I saw him getting blocked by the fullback... sorry but the Arizona fullback should be blocking the #3 pick. That's my main concern with him is he just doesn't get off blocks very well against the run
    No disrespect but u haven't watched enough of him on tape. He's gonna be a monster asset for next decade barring significant injury. 1 Arizona game shouldn't blow it for u/him.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -78
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    31,622
    vCash:
    24403
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitches Brew View Post
    I'm talking about ignoring the rotator cuff injury and dismissing it as an invalid bit of info. CK suggests you watch pre-injury videos as telling of his talent and production, and you just say 'No, I don't care because those games came against lesser teams'. Why do you choose to ignore the injury? You're choosing to see him negatively when there's a pretty clear and arguably legit stance that would make you see some more bright spots (the bad shoulder affected his play). Don't fans want to be optimistic for the future? Him being injured isn't speculation.

    Why don't you want to look on the bright side when there's a bright side available to you? You just sound unbelievably bitter.
    I said I was not a fan of Jordan last year also, I didnt ignore CK i just dont think it makes much difference in my evaluation of him. Also get my words right I said u cannot automatically assume he would have done anything if he wasnt injured. As for optmistic of course I am but that has nothing with my judgement of a football player. Jordan will probably be a good solid nfl player but those are found throughout the draft. I dont see a special NFL player, I really dont see what the big deal is. Im either right or I am wrong. I would prefer to be wrong but Im not going to ignore my actual opinion on a player. You act like because my team drafts a player Im supposed to feel like he is going to be awesome. hmm i dont see many dolphin fans giving Karlos Dansby a pass for playing injured. Injuries are a part of the game. I think Jarvis Jones is a better defensive player any day of the week.
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back
    Quote Quote  

  9. -79
    Danny's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2003
    Posts:
    10,124
    vCash:
    7279
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    what is a good GM in your opine Danny?

    Fact is, for all the biotchin over Ireland, the guy has done better than 2/3rds of the league the last two years. Once you have your Qb and coach, its all downhill from here as long as your drafting good.

    This draft is an A or B by most people's standards. Most people say that LT is our only problem and keep bringing that up as if that were some kind of serious problem that will linger to eternity.

    Well, we had four guys in lately who are very capable given Martin is bigger now and is up for taking the LT spot. But whatever, Ireland sucks and the rest of the league is just head and shoulders above.

    Thats crap. The Jets are a complete joke. The Bills are a mess. The Steelers have spent there way into averageness. Ravens got their house stolen by Ireland by taking the one Lb they looked forward to.

    Cmon man! You Ireland haters are unreal. You live in the past. You nitpick any negative you can get your hands on. We all know why you haters exist. Its because Bryants mommas a prostitiute.
    Dude, take it easy.....lol.....first, I never said I hated Ireland or anyone else for that matter.You actually sound more of a hater when you type that kind of stuff. What you're saying is that if w don't believe in Ireland that means we hate him and we're just haters? I have stated many times that our bad drafting goes back way before Ireland came to the dolphins. I have also stated that I don't blame him for everything either and as I stated, I like the fact that he's doing things different now. He's trying to go for the playmakers instead of the safe picks. I also have no problem with the LT position and I have not said anything about it only that I as hoing he didn't trade a 2nd for Albert which he didn't. Seems to be that you're already program to call evereyone hater that doesn't agree with you or your view of Ireland.

    Maybe he's changing for the better. I like most of what he's done this offseason but why are you comparing him to the jets and bills GM's? When you do that, you sound as if yu're ok with him being a bad GM just as long as other GM's are worst than him. I know that's not your point but that's the way it comes out. Anyway, you can have your opinion and believe he's a great GM and I'm not calling you a homer or any other name so stop calling people haters just cause they don't share your views.

    And when you think about it, the ones hat don't like him as our GM have more to stand on than you do as we haven't won anything under him. I'm hoping that will change of course but in the mean time, stop hating on oters people for not agreing with you.

    Have a blessed day!!
    Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote  

  10. -80
    WVDolphan's Avatar
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    14,222
    vCash:
    3236
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Sacks might be the most overrated recorded statistic in the NFL today.

    Sure, sacks are great when they happen. Sacks ALWAYS result in the loss of yards and could potentially lead to a big turnover, but putting 1.0 sack in the stat sheet is so overrated.

    More often than not on a play that results in a sack, it's due to the QB hanging onto the football for way too long or because someone on the offensive line missed an assignment, etc. Rarely ever does a sack occur in a one-on-one situation where the defensive lineman just mauls the offensive lineman. It happens, yes, but it's less likely that a sack happens that way than the QB simply hanging onto the football too long.

    This idea that Dion Jordan is some kind of average athlete or average defensive lineman because of his sack total is so ridiculous that some of you just need to quit the Internet all together lol. Dion Jordan on one side of the line means that offenses have to account for this hybrid player. Is he rushing, or is he dropping into coverage. As a QB, I have to adjust my routes if he's dropping into coverage and if he's rushing, I have to adjust my protection upfront because a guy with his size and his speed, I can't afford to double up Wake on the other side.

    Move along, fantasy football guys.
    I was wondering when someone was going to win this thread, shouldve figured it would be J.

    Not much I can say that J didnt, but if I could chose between a sack and a QB pressure that leads to an INT, id take the 2nd option. Its not all about sacks. Its about what you bring to the game. Jordan brings PRESSURE on the QB. He brings the ability to do multiple things, therefore making the QB think about several more things before the snap. He is a huge problem for the opposing OL, TEs, QB, and backfield.

    All this kid is going to do is cause all kinds of havoc like what J talked about in his post. He is going to give the QB a headache in more ways than one. He is going to piss off several members of the opposing OL. First hand he will embarrass a few and the ones who are forced to single up on Wake are going to be hating the fact that Jordan's presence leaves them with that task.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Could Dion Jordan be like Von Miller?
    By finforlife in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-05-2013, 09:52 PM
  2. Dion Jordan?????
    By randy8216 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-27-2013, 11:34 AM
  3. Dion Jordan and # of snaps....
    By fanfin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-26-2013, 03:27 PM
  4. Dion Jordan will be FREElancing!!!
    By clutch in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-26-2013, 07:06 AM
  5. Dion jordan??
    By D0lphan72 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 131
    Last Post: 04-26-2013, 04:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •