Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dion Jordan Our Gronk Stopper?

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

OPINION Dion Jordan Our Gronk Stopper?

As much as I love Jordan's potential as a pass rusher, I think he may be our answer to the onslaught of beastly TEs that are sprouting up league wide, particularly the one who started this trend that we see twice a year...The Gronk

In college Jordan covered slot WRs and TEs, he has the speed and agility for it, and most importantly he has the size.

I think that may be one of the aspects of his talent that most excited our staff.

Yea we have speedy LBs in Ellerbe and Wheeler that should be good in coverage, but they still aren't the answer to covering TE's.

I can see a nickel Defense where Jordan and Ellerbee/ Wheeler are the LBs, we line Jordan up man over the TE, and blitz or spy the other, depending on the QB we're facing.

I'm absolutely ecstatic about the potential our defense has with all the new speed we acquired this offseason...

What say you?
    Supporter of logic and organizational consistency

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Portland
    Thanks / No Thanks

Dion Jordan Our Gronk Stopper?

That's an idea that I hadn't really considered. He has the athleticism an size to stick with front. But I would probably rather see the tandem if Jordan an Wake rushing Brady. But I could definitely see us doing that a couple times during the game.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Short term yes, maybe so he gets in on some extra snaps, but long term he is an option opposite Wake, probably his replacement down the road as well.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    I think the best Gronk stopper is Gronkowski himself. Have a breezy day and his shoulder might pop out of place.

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TealAttack13 View Post
    Short term yes, maybe so he gets in on some extra snaps, but long term he is an option opposite Wake, probably his replacement down the road as well.
    Have ya ever seen the ameoba style Defense? w/ Wake, Jordan, Ellerbee, Wheeler, Misi, Starks, and Odrick; we could have odrick and starks in the 3 pt stance; the rest of them floating around, send 2 or 3 of them blitzing and drop the rest in coverage; I don't think we need Jordan to be the blitzer every time.

Also, Vernon could still be Wake's replacement. Jordan's skill set is so unique we'd be wise to take advantage of it, rather than pigeonhole him as just an edge rusher.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Orleans/Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Only thing stopping Gronk is gonna be whatever ebola virus infection is inflicting havoc on his forearm
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    If we really wanna stop Gronk we should just open a nightclub inside of Sun Life and have a happy hour on game day. No way he makes it into the damn game.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think Jordan's athleticism and ability to stay with TE's is impressive and absolutely adds to his versatility...however we didn't draft him #3 overall to matchup with TE's. He is going to hunt the QB folks...Any time we spend on him practicing dropping into coverage is time he could be practicing his pass rush moves.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    no

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiDolphin618 View Post
    I think Jordan's athleticism and ability to stay with TE's is impressive and absolutely adds to his versatility...however we didn't draft him #3 overall to matchup with TE's. He is going to hunt the QB folks...Any time we spend on him practicing dropping into coverage is time he could be practicing his pass rush moves.
    yep
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    BJJ Black Belt

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by miamidolphin618 View Post
    i think jordan's athleticism and ability to stay with te's is impressive and absolutely adds to his versatility...however we didn't draft him #3 overall to matchup with te's. He is going to hunt the qb folks...any time we spend on him practicing dropping into coverage is time he could be practicing his pass rush moves.
    agreed!!!
    Quote Quote