Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: No love for don jones???

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

OPINION No love for don jones???

I think he was a Great pick up, if not a steal in the 7th round, all signs point to ^ with him. 4.44 speed and plays like it, 42 inch vertical shows that explosion, at 6 ft 200 I think he might be jimmy wilson's replacement, he does everything jimmy can do but with more speed and talent, seems like Jeff might have a knack for finding hidden gems that can develop huh??
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think the Fins took a flyer on him based on his incredible athleticism.

As you mentioned he tested off the charts for a guy his size.

IF they can "coach him up" then yes he could be a 7th round steal.
    It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've looked at a lot of players leading up to the weekend, but I have no clue about this kid. He'll be on the PS for at least a year, if he even makes it (given how raw he apparently is) so getting excited about him is probably premature. I like that its a gamble. I'd have taken Josh Johnson with the slot if I could have, but who knows how this Jones guy will pan out in a couple of years.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dade View Post
    I think he was a Great pick up, if not a steal in the 7th round, all signs point to ^ with him. 4.44 speed and plays like it, 42 inch vertical shows that explosion, at 6 ft 200 I think he might be jimmy wilson's replacement, he does everything jimmy can do but with more speed and talent, seems like Jeff might have a knack for finding hidden gems that can develop huh??
    Not often do any 7th round picks get love thats why they are 7th round picks. You may have a point on his measurables but I think too often we discuss those things and somehow forget to discuss people as football players. If it were that simple u would just take the fastest guys with the right size
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami,Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He'll be cut like every other 7rd round scrub.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    do we have any 7th round picks on the roster?
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arlington, Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by goonies View Post
    He'll be cut like every other 7rd round scrub.
    Jimmy Wilson was a "7th round scrub" and he's still on the team.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Clearwater, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    We're not exactly deep at the position so there's a chance.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by VA_Finfan View Post
    Jimmy Wilson was a "7th round scrub" and he's still on the team.
    you are right .i would not mind seeing an upgrade of Wilson though
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Not often do any 7th round picks get love thats why they are 7th round picks. You may have a point on his measurables but I think too often we discuss those things and somehow forget to discuss people as football players. If it were that simple u would just take the fastest guys with the right size
    I understand that dlockz, but can you step back a second and few it like this. Can we both agree that this coaching staff is about developing talent? Ok, now as the college coaches do when they recruit there guys and evaluate them and choose a position for them that they best believe will best suite them and they coach them up (well kinda). There was a lot of teams present at his pro day, dolphins included, so that's why I believe that he is a kid that will be contributing on ST and will take over jimmy Wilson's spot. Im as interested in him just as all the teams that were present on his pro day, when asked which position he prefers he answered both corner and safety. He was supposed to be a 5 rd talent. This isn't directed towards anyone but many will say, who cares about him because he's a 7th rd pick. Well how about the many undrafted guys that thrn out to be good and a lot have turned into pro bowlers. By no means am I saying that his gonna be a star or let alone be good, our very own ellerbe was undrafted, so was LB Harrison from Pittsburg, adrian foster, victor Cruz, fitz the qb, and I'm pretty sure there's dozens more. Once again please don't beat me up lol, I'm not saying that he will be great, but only sayin that he may be those guys that get over looked and he said him self that he will be be playing with a chip on shoulder. I love the theme of the draft from top to bottom because we got guys that love the game and our passionate about it, willing and ready to learn from coaches and vets like wake and grimes!!!

The steelers coach was on air explaining why the took who they took and he said because they are the type of players that fit exactly what they want because they are physical and love to hit, that was in regards to shamarka the safety and Jarvis and bell. Ozzie from Baltimore gave the response that Elam and Arthur brown where raven type players, due to there physical play and demeanor.

One more thing man, you definitely are one of the better posters on here even though sometimes I disagree with some of the stuff you say and may think that you're a little critical but most definitely knowledgable about the game
    Quote Quote