Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eric Winston working out for Dolphins Wednesday

1. -31
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minnesota
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like that we are bringing in all the available top OT's to see what each could offer us and then making hopefully the best choice of the bunch. The past few years, we never went to these lengths and just tried to sign the first guy we brought in.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ireland knows which one he wants. They are using the rest as smokescreen. I hope it's Winston.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    Im still trying to figure out why they franchised Albert with 3 LT's staring at them at #1.
    All of the visits could still be posturing on our part. Frankly, I hope we sign Winston and McKinney. Double down and get depth at the same time.

KC really showed us didn't they? They got into a staring contest with themselves. I wonder who blinked first?
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    Going down with the ship! lol.

I do like some of the veteran RT's that are out there and think they can do a nice job. The question is can Martin hang tough at LT with slowing down the passing game because TE's are always helping him double or the backs chipping his rusher. I think Martin held his own last year...not great...but not awful.

I just think it is telling that since FA this team tried to sign back LT Long, tried to trade for LT Albert and there are a plethora of solid RT's available to fit in, they still have not done so hence giving Martin the job.

Just interesting.
    See you keep saying that but we have no proof that we have EVER tried to trade for Albert. We have done our due diligence with him in case a trade during the draft was to our advantage, but I see very little effort in pulling the trigger on him. Bringing a guy in for a workout is not trading for him. Albert just seems like a locker room cancer to me. One thing Philbin and company are interested in is how a player fits into a locker room.

But then again their are issues with about all of the guys we have brought in except Clabo. I personally feel they are pretty happy with Martin at LT.

One thing we may have to consider is them possibly bringing in TWO. Even if we sign one of them, we are still only one injury away from Garner being the starter. Maybe we sign Clabo to a 2/3 yr deal, then sign Bryant M. to a one year deal with nothing guaranteed. If he shows up out of shape, or if Thomas shows he can play some tackle if needed, you cut Bryant before the season. At least that would give us some options, and would allow us to play Martin at either right or left tackle. Maybe that is why it is taking so long for them to make a decision.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bismarck, ND
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfan40353 View Post
    All of the visits could still be posturing on our part. Frankly, I hope we sign Winston and McKinney. Double down and get depth at the same time.

KC really showed us didn't they? They got into a staring contest with themselves. I wonder who blinked first?
    I hope we stay as far away from McKinney as possible....we already have 1 OL that is lazy in the offseason with weight problems, don't need a 2nd one.
    “The organization has struggled from a personnel standpoint over the years. For instance, they drafted me in the second round. … You don’t recover from those types of mistakes.” — Rob Konrad on the team’s questionable draft picks from 1998-2003
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfan40353 View Post

WOW that is funny, we wrote the samething at the same time.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Csonked Out View Post
    I hope we stay as far away from McKinney as possible....we already have 1 OL that is lazy in the offseason with weight problems, don't need a 2nd one.
    With a guy like him it would have to be a non guaranteed deal IMO. It's all about motivation with Bryant. Stick a box of doughnuts out in front of him and he will knock down a wall for ya.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DiIenno93 View Post
    Is this a sign that we are not necessarily looking for a one year stop gap at RT and are willing to offer a multiple year deal? I think it comes down between Clabo and Winston, if the reports of Clabo's visit tonight is accurate. Clabo and Winston are both better RTs than Martin.........is it possible that they both translate to better LTs than Martin as well? Something to think about.

I am probably in a minority, but I think martin needs another year or two to get stronger. Winston and Clabo are both better players than Martin and one or the other could probably play LT.
    The thought of Martin being our starter is not appealing to me. I do not want to see Tannehill get splattered.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    With a guy like him it would have to be a non guaranteed deal IMO. It's all about motivation with Bryant. Stick a box of doughnuts out in front of him and he will knock down a wall for ya.
    McKinnie is lazy and injury prone because of his conditioning. He is one of those players that collect a check without working at their game. He empties the buffet bar, then reports to practice for a whirlpool and nap.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Galloway, NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCfinfan View Post
    I think they felt they could easily get a 2nd round pick for ALbert. That backfired and now they are stuck with no leverage.
    Totally disagree. The Fins have all the leverage.

There are 4 veteran tackles looking for jobs. Not to mention, now both KC and Jacksonville just used high picks on players that as of right now will be playing right tackle for their respective clubs next year. KC does not want their #1 pick to start as a right tackle in year one and then switch to left tackle the following year, Jacksonville may feel the same way. And even with the rookie salary cap, they still have to pay those guys pretty well. Further you have Saffold in St. Louis who is not thrilled with being moved to the right side because of Long.

4 veterans out of work, hoping for a job, 3 possible disgruntled veterans unhappy with their situation, and Ireland holds the cards. I think Ireland played this perfectly!
    Quote Quote