Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Eric Winston working out for Dolphins Wednesday

1. -41
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Just get him signed already! Lets move on.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    None of you have any clue what Martin will look like this season and just assuming he will be terrible is starting to get on my nerves. We took him in the 2nd round last year to be a starter for us. He played well on the right side as a rookie and then subbed in for Jake late in the season and while no he was not great he got the job done. Now with a full off-season and the mindset of being our left tackle I see no reason to be so down on this guy all ready. People need to calm down and let this all play out. Yes we should bring in another tackle to make sure we put the best line out there but give this kid his due and let him prove himself. I am so sick of all these doom and gloom fans. Always something.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeoilSeller View Post
    both KC and Jacksonville just used high picks on players that as of right now will be playing right tackle for their respective clubs next year. KC does not want their #1 pick to start as a right tackle in year one and then switch to left tackle the following year, Jacksonville may feel the same way.
    If we trade for a left tackle I would rather get Eugene Monroe from Jacksonville rather than Fat Albert. He has been solid and is the odd man out with the jags picking Luke Joekel.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Cement Shoes Distributor

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolina (from MIAMI)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Winston Justice is the one reportedly coming in for a workout
    I Love JESUS CHRIST
    To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Phins are hosting their own NFL Veteran Free Agent OT Combine. I like
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fremont, Ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhishyPhishy View Post
    None of you have any clue what Martin will look like this season and just assuming he will be terrible is starting to get on my nerves. We took him in the 2nd round last year to be a starter for us. He played well on the right side as a rookie and then subbed in for Jake late in the season and while no he was not great he got the job done. Now with a full off-season and the mindset of being our left tackle I see no reason to be so down on this guy all ready. People need to calm down and let this all play out. Yes we should bring in another tackle to make sure we put the best line out there but give this kid his due and let him prove himself. I am so sick of all these doom and gloom fans. Always something.
    While i agree that we should see what we got with him at LT (no other LTs available out there better than him) but to say he played well on the right side is just plain wrong... he was bad when he played on the right and actually was a little better on the left.... he has been working on his strength this offseason, which was his biggest weakness last year. Hopefully it helps
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fremont, Ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FinsFan74 View Post
    Winston Justice is the one reportedly coming in for a workout
    justice is coming in for a VISIT today.. eric winston is coming in for a workout today

Free agent OT Winston Justice will visit the Dolphins on Wednesday.
    It's workout week for the Dolphins, who have also been in touch with Bryant McKinnie and Tyson Clabo, and kept in contact with Eric Winston. From a talent standpoint, Justice is a distant fourth. Justice is also scheduled to visit the Steelers and Browns. He would compete for right-tackle duties in Miami. Apr 30 - 4:59 PM
    Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Free agent RT Eric Winston is working out for the Dolphins on Wednesday.
    The sides have been talking on the phone for over a month, but might finally be ready to go steady. Winston is just the latest in a parade of post-draft tackle visits to South Beach, joining Tyson Clabo, Winston Justice and Bryant McKinnie. The Dolphins are either trying to leverage the Chiefs in Branden Albert talks, or are ready to move on and install a veteran opposite potential LT Jonathan Martin. Apr 30 - 5:36 PM
    Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Yeah, Wed is Winston, Clabbo, and Justice, and Thursday is a guy from the CFL and Richmond Webb, with Friday bringing us a big kid from the Boys Tabernacle Choir.

After this is done, Ireland is gonna explore all trade possibilities, and potential cuts, from all 32 teams.

Hopefully, we will have some new signed guy running on the field on opening day.

Yes, I have become bored with this. LOL
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Atila - the freshmaker.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think its kinda funny that the Jon Martin haters are terrified of him playing as LT but are OKAY with him as RT... if anyone who was hating actually had a clue about what they were talking about, they would have noticed he actually played a lot better on the left side save for a couple bad sacks.

The frustrating thing is most of the people who speak up are pretty ignorant as to how the guy actually played - they saw him get steamrolled by Abraham and Aldon Smith on a couple sacks and just label him this huge bust. He's going to be a starting tackle on this team whether its the RT or the LT, and he will be fine.

www.DiamondandDesign.com
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Clabbo would be the guy I would rather get. But would be fine with just about any of these options.
    Quote Quote