Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Why You NEED Standard Capacity Magzines: Multiple Home Invaders

1. -21
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mother ****er comes into my house with a gun he better be willing to die, because I am. Either I'm dead or they are but you can damn well rest assured that it will be on my terms and not me sitting passively by waiting to see what happens next.
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

Quote Quote  

2. -22
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Right. Because Wild West style shootouts happen on the reg in the home.

If youre in a gun fight and you havent killed the guy in 7 shots, youre already ****ed whether you have a 7 round mag or a 400000000000000 round mag.
    Wild West style shootouts didn't even happen very often in the Old West. That's part of the mythology of the time but nothing else.

#freespesh
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Why You NEED Standard Capacity Magzines: Multiple Home Invaders

At the end of the day, I'm going to have 13 round magazines in my house for my P229 because I damned well feel like it. If they are outlawed, I will have reached the point of civil disobedience the moment the statute is enacted. It's my freaking house. And I won't be the only one.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Right. Because Wild West style shootouts happen on the reg in the home.

If youre in a gun fight and you havent killed the guy in 7 shots, youre already ****ed whether you have a 7 round mag or a 400000000000000 round mag.
    You have a FAR better chance to be a victim of home invasions than getting struck by lighting. But I'm sure even you take the precaution of not going outside during a lighting storm. Granted the chances of home invasions are low but they still do happen and happen everyday. Having a gun with a standard size clip is the precaution americans take. Now I understand that you wouldn't do anything and even submit to the will of your home invaders. But for the rest of us that's not an option and happens to be our 2nd amendment rights. Mandating 7 bullet clips won't stop gun violence or mass shootings at all. It will only take away the liberties of Americans who are now no safer and even worse at a total disadvantage to criminals. Much like the Patriot Act, TSA, Warrentless Searches and the bloated DHS hasn't made us any safer from terrorism. The thought process of exchanging liberty for safety has been a failed one.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cdz12250 View Post
    At the end of the day, I'm going to have 13 round magazines in my house for my P229 because I damned well feel like it. If they are outlawed, I will have reached the point of civil disobedience the moment the statute is enacted. It's my freaking house. And I won't be the only one.
    Exactly the argument I use to justify my bazooka.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    You have a FAR better chance to be a victim of home invasions than getting struck by lighting. But I'm sure even you take the precaution of not going outside during a lighting storm. Granted the chances of home invasions are low but they still do happen and happen everyday. Having a gun with a standard size clip is the precaution americans take. Now I understand that you wouldn't do anything and even submit to the will of your home invaders. But for the rest of us that's not an option and happens to be our 2nd amendment rights. Mandating 7 bullet clips won't stop gun violence or mass shootings at all. It will only take away the liberties of Americans who are now no safer and even worse at a total disadvantage to criminals. Much like the Patriot Act, TSA, Warrentless Searches and the bloated DHS hasn't made us any safer from terrorism. The thought process of exchanging liberty for safety has been a failed one.
    The chance of someone breaking in looking to hurt you is probably much less than being hit by lightening.

Quote Quote  

7. -27
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks

The chance of someone breaking in looking to hurt you is probably much less than being hit by lightening.
    Got it, I'll remove the lightning protection system from my roof tomorrow.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by ohall View Post
    Got it, I'll remove the lightning protection system from my roof tomorrow.
    Well, OK. You now have about the same chance of dying from a lightening strike as you did before.

Im not saying gun should be illegal. Im just saying the OP is far fetched.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks

Well, OK. You now have about the same chance of dying from a lightening strike as you did before.

Im not saying gun should be illegal. Im just saying the OP is far fetched.
    Until it happens. Just because something is not very likely this in no way should limit our rights to defend ourselves in that situation.

I mean its like ppl that think they don't need to ever defend themselves because they can always dial 911.

People get life insurance. They don't have it because they feel they are going to die tomorrow. They have it because they may die tomorrow.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by ohall View Post
    Until it happens. Just because something is not very likely this in no way should limit our rights to defend ourselves in that situation.

I mean its like ppl that think they don't need to ever defend themselves because they can always dial 911.

People get life insurance. They don't have it because they feel they are going to die tomorrow. They have it because they may die tomorrow.
    OK, fine. Defend yourself. Just dont try make it sound like its anything but a remarkably unlikely scenario. I dont play the lottery. I suppose theres a chance I could win, but I have a negative expected return on my money. Same thing for this scenario. Its possible youll use a gun to prevent something. But the chances you or a family member will be harmed by the gun are higher than the chances of shooting an intruder.

Just say you like to hunt or shoot guns or the range or whatever else. Bring up the constitution. Theres a very good case to be made for having weapons for various reasons. Fighting off multiple armed intruders Rambo style is a silly one.
    Last edited by tylerdolphin; 05-02-2013 at 04:43 AM.
    Quote Quote