Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Why You NEED Standard Capacity Magzines: Multiple Home Invaders

1. -131
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    I find it interesting that this thread has clearly smoked walrus out as a gun grabber.
    2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1

"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln
    Quote Quote  

2. -132
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Why You NEED Standard Capacity Magzines: Multiple Home Invaders

Quote Originally Posted by Bumpus View Post
    I find it interesting that this thread has clearly smoked walrus out as a gun grabber.
    It appears that is the end game for most gun control advocates and totally validates the NRA stance that gun control is a gateway to a gun ban.
    Quote Quote  

3. -133
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It shows a strong correlation that the buy back lowered gun deaths but the error bars are also large.
    Anyone citing "Gun related deaths" is just trying to manipulate statistics. Not all gun related deaths are bad and many are actually extremely positive.

"Gun related murders" would be a more informative statistic although even it would be skewed by rival felons killing each other.
    “I’m somewhat disappointed that more African Americans don’t think for themselves and just go with whatever they’re supposed to say and think."

- Dr. Benjamin Carson
    Quote Quote  

4. -134
    Longing for Relevancy...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    The second amendment isn't about "resisting tyranny" for God's sake. Show me something -- anything -- from the period that says that was their intention
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -Thomas Jefferson
    Happy? I thought this quote was common knowledge.
    Last edited by AFCMiamiEast; 05-07-2013 at 01:42 PM.

"Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see."
    Quote Quote  

5. -135
    Longing for Relevancy...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    And for all you "gun grabbers", here is the case in point. You cannot, and will not defeat these facts. I am an active member on the Phinfever forum, and a guy over there by the name of Rich, made it very clear that gun grabbers cannot defeat these facts, here is what he said:

Criminals are going to get guns, whether you ban them or not. If they are choosing to murder, what are they going to care about breaking a gun law? That is not the solution. That would not have prevented Columbine or Aurora.

Case and point, South Africa. The process to legally obtain a gun in South Africa is far stricter than in the U.S. Sometimes you have to wait up to two years to obtain a gun. And yet the rate of murder with firearms is 340% higher and the highest in the world.

Colombia is another country with strict gun laws. All guns are manufactured by the government and only small arms are allowed. Entire cities, such as Bogota, have even banned guns.

The murder rate with guns is the second highest in the world.

Same in Thailand in regards to small arms and the registration process is strenuous.

Three examples of countries with stricter gun laws and a much higher murder rate through the use of guns.

The fact of the matter is that while the United States has the highest gun ownership rate in the world, the rate of homicides with guns is lower than Uruguay, Panama, Paraguay, Mexico, Guyana, Guatemala, South Africa, Venezuela, Belize, Argentina, Costa Rica, Jamaica, Brazil, Barbados, Nicaragua, Honduras, Colombia, Salvador, Bahamas, Dominican Republic, Phillipines, Zimbabwe, Israel, Ecuador... I could go on and on.

And take a wild guess who is generally obtaining guns in these mostly third world countries and committing these crimes.

Criminals.

Despite stricter gun laws, criminals are getting the guns and victims are defenseless to do anything about it except take a bullet to the head.
    http://phinfever.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8096
    Quote Quote  

6. -136
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCMiamiEast View Post
    And for all you "gun grabbers", here is the case in point. You cannot, and will not defeat these facts. I am an active member on the Phinfever forum, and a guy over there by the name of Rich, made it very clear that gun grabbers cannot defeat these facts, here is what he said:

http://phinfever.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8096
    Keep every single gun you want. Now, government, do anything in your power to try and make these criminals not own the mother****ing things. Oh and also let's get mental health and wellness to actually be something that's more focused on.

K thnx bye.

Quote Quote  

7. -137
    Longing for Relevancy...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Cha And nothing from the rhetoric from the anti-gun control advocates has convinced me they care even a whit about the people who die so they can own daddy's shotgun and pretend that if someone came into the house with a gun they'd blow them away instead of doing what they'd actually do, which is **** their pants.
    It seems like you are speaking directly from opinion. So we all know what you would do (as I bolded in red above in your quote), but you generalize what 350,000,000 other people would do under similar cirumstances ONLY due to your thought process? Seems legit.

Oh, and it's widely known that armed robbers are cowards. Look up surveillance tapes of armed robberies gone bad when their victim quickly turns on them and is packing themselves. 9/10 the criminals are the ones "****ting their pants" in fear. They go into confrontations with the mindset and belief that THEY are the only ones packing, and in complete control of the victim. Why do you think women are so much more frequently targeted as victims than men?
    Quote Quote  

8. -138
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    So you're in the ownership of guns to prevent death squad criminals from breaking into your house and to protect you and your family from Obama and the Seal Six American Killers who might one day look to come after all of us?
    Quote Quote  

9. -139
    Longing for Relevancy...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    So you're in the ownership of guns to prevent death squad criminals from breaking into your house and to protect you and your family from Obama and the Seal Six American Killers who might one day look to come after all of us?
    Who would have thought that firearms could ever serve a purpose in protection? It's irrational, I know.
    Quote Quote  

10. -140
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFins! View Post
    Can you post links to data that reflects Australia's gun control in a positive light?
    Thanks.
    Here you go, GoFins. This link provides a bunch of the information in one place.

http://cameronreilly.com/2012/12/17/guns-in-australia/

Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    If you say so, but that's basically what you did in the text I quoted.
    Hardly.

Like most libertarians, Penn Jillette is generally speaking a constitutional originalist. Yet he doesn't make the case on the 2nd amendment on any kind of historical grounds, showing what was intended at the time the 2nd amendment was written. He merely offers the text, without context, and expects that will be enough.

I on the other hand have offered a contextual reading of the 2nd amendment that supports my position. It is by no means the only way to read the 2nd amendment historically, as there was no single point of view on it in 1791 just as there's no one way to interpret a law passed yesterday. But at least I make the attempt, even if I'm not an originalist and think the Constitution should be interpreted by a modern standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumpus View Post
    I made my position pretty clear in the gun control thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    It appears that is the end game for most gun control advocates and totally validates the NRA stance that gun control is a gateway to a gun ban.
    For some, sure. Both sides know what the end game is. As a practical matter, though, I don't think all that many people are advocating for the complete abolition of gun ownership. I advocate it as a matter of preference but if I were made king for a day I'm not sure I would do it. The reason it worked in Australia is because the people of Australia wanted it. They'd had enough. The people of this country don't want it. At least not yet. It's going to take a bunch more shootings apparently.

But when and/or if it does happen I'm sure there will be a section of the population who will still be against it. And despite all their bluster and threats of violence they'll hand over the guns. They're not ready to shoot federal marshals.

LOL. That quote made it's first appearance in 2007.

http://www.monticello.org/site/jeffe...ment-quotation

#freespesh
    Quote Quote