Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Why You NEED Standard Capacity Magzines: Multiple Home Invaders

1. -141
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Why You NEED Standard Capacity Magzines: Multiple Home Invaders

Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    So you're in the ownership of guns to prevent death squad criminals from breaking into your house and to protect you and your family from Obama and the Seal Six American Killers who might one day look to come after all of us?
    If you read Jeffersons quote you will see that he clearly said that in the worst of situations and failure of all other courses of action, citizens could protect themselves from a tyrannical government. It is a check and balance system. "By the people and for the people..." doesn't hold much weight when the people are powerless. The government should fear its people not the other way around. The Founding Fathers knew that an armed populous could almost never be oppressed.
    Quote Quote  

2. -142
    Who pissed in your kool aide?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    That quote made it's first appearance in 2007.

http://www.monticello.org/site/jeffe...ment-quotation
    When you have absolutely no logical reasoning behind what you previously stated, and facts are presented that make your argument lose ALL credibility, this is what you come up with.

"Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see."
    Quote Quote  

3. -143
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCMiamiEast View Post
    When you have absolutely no logical reasoning behind what you previously stated, and facts are presented that make your argument lose ALL credibility, this is what you come up with.
    So you post a quote to support your argument that somebody apparently made up and attributed to Thomas Jefferson like six years ago and I'm the one with no credibility. LOL!

I like how you think the murder rate in countries like Venezuela, Brazil and ****ing Zimbabwe are tremendously relevant to the conversation, though. Hell of a trump card. No way are there, you know, fairly significant variables to why the murder rates in those countries are the way they are.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    Quote Quote  

4. -144
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Why You NEED Standard Capacity Magzines: Multiple Home Invaders

LOL. That quote made it's first appearance in 2007.

http://www.monticello.org/site/jeffe...ment-quotation
    Here is another quote from the same website that verifies Jefferson's advocacy for the right to bear arms. There are several others that corroborate his stance but this should do.

http://www.monticello.org/site/jeffe...arms-quotation
    Quote Quote  

5. -145

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So you post a quote to support your argument that somebody apparently made up and attributed to Thomas Jefferson like six years ago and I'm the one with no credibility. LOL!
    I have yet to see a more comical contradictory statement on this forum. So I lose credibility with something that has been contributed to American history classes (I learned that quote in middle school BTW of which I ASSURE you, was prior to 2007) but you have the right cards in your hand from a bootleg website that you searched off Google. Lol keep it coming man, and I find it amusing how you pinpoint the two worst countries out of the 20+ that I mentioned in regards to gun control. No surprise here.

So let's disarm the American populace, and watch everything turn into TheWalrus' perfect utopia! No crime, no guns, no worries!
    Quote Quote  

6. -146
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Here is another quote from the same website that verifies Jefferson's advocacy for the right to bear arms. There are several others that corroborate his stance but this should do.

http://www.monticello.org/site/jeffe...arms-quotation
    Three things:

1. That quote is without context. In what respect did he mean it?

2. Jefferson was not a party to writing the Constitution or the 2nd amendment. And even if he had some kind of tangential influence, especially on his close friend James Madison, his voice is but one among many.

3. Jefferson felt that the constitution should be rewritten every 19 years. Here's a quote from a letter to the aforementioned Madison:

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Every constitution, then, and every law, naturally expires at the end of nineteen years. If it be enforced longer, it is an act of force, and not of right. It may be said, that the succeeding generation exercising, in fact, the power of repeal, this leaves them as free as if the constitution or law had been expressly limited to nineteen years only. In the first place, this objection admits the right, in proposing an equivalent. But the power of repeal is not an equivalent. It might be, indeed, if every form of government were so perfectly contrived, that the will of the majority could always be obtained, fairly and without impediment. But this is true of no form. The people cannot assemble themselves; their representation is unequal and vicious. Various checks are opposed to every legislative proposition. Factions get possession of the public councils, bribery corrupts them, personal interests lead them astray from the general interests of their constituents; and other impediments arise, so as to prove to every practical man, that a law of limited duration is much more manageable than one which needs a repeal."
    http://www.famguardian.org/Subjects/...n/jeff1000.htm

So not only did Thomas Jefferson not say what you guys thought he said, he's even telling you specifically to forget what he thinks and make up your own ****ing mind about this stuff.
    Quote Quote  

7. -147

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Three things:

1. That quote is without context. In what respect did he mean it?

2. Jefferson was not a party to writing the Constitution or the 2nd amendment. And even if he had some kind of tangential influence, especially on his close friend James Madison, his voice is but one among many.

3. Jefferson felt that the constitution should be rewritten every 19 years. Here's a quote from a letter to the aforementioned Madison:

http://www.famguardian.org/Subjects/...n/jeff1000.htm

So not only did Thomas Jefferson not say what you guys thought he said, he's even telling you specifically to forget what he thinks and make up your own ****ing mind about this stuff.
    I can go on and on, did you not participate in any American history classes? It's beyond me how you are completely naive to our founding father's main focus of interest:

"Firearms stand next in importance to the constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence … from the hour the Pilgrims landed to the present day, events, occurences and tendencies prove that to ensure peace security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable … the very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference — they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."

-George Washington
    First President of the United States
    BTW, every American who was worth a damn to be honored and studied in our history books, has said something among the lines of Washington.
    Quote Quote  

8. -148

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    "The supposed quietude of a good man allures the ruffian; while on the other hand arms, like laws, discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as property. The same balance would be preserved were all the world destitute of arms, for all would be alike; but since some will not, others dare not lay them aside … Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

-Thomas Paine
    "Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?"

-Patrick Henry
    "The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that … it is their right and duty to be at all times armed; … "

-Thomas Jefferson
    "The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The best we can help for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."

-Alexander Hamilton
    The Federalist Papers at 184-8
    As previously stated, anyone who was worth a damn in our history books, disagrees with you. I would confidently say that the men who built one of, if not the greatest empire in human history, are probably more philosophically advanced than you.
    Quote Quote  

9. -149
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFins! View Post
    Anyone citing "Gun related deaths" is just trying to manipulate statistics. Not all gun related deaths are bad and many are actually extremely positive.

"Gun related murders" would be a more informative statistic although even it would be skewed by rival felons killing each other.
    You missed my point. What you just said is my point exactly. The stats are manipulated to show what the author wants to purvey and when you break down Australia it shows exactly why comparison is wrong between the US and Australia but all the media and talking heads want to report is buy back = less deaths but in actually in the case of suicide the deaths by other means actually rose after the buy back. So people still off'ed themselves, just less did it with guns and in fact did it more frequently after the buy back.
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

Quote Quote  

10. -150
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Here you go, GoFins. This link provides a bunch of the information in one place.

http://cameronreilly.com/2012/12/17/guns-in-australia/
    Thank you.

One would think this would be big news in Australia. The only links I've seen are apparently to fake news reports.

I have no dog in this fight. It's interesting to see both sides of the story.

By the way, do you realize that if anyone else used a personal blog as a source you'd respond with a facepalm? I choose not to dismiss your source outright on that basis though.
    “I’m somewhat disappointed that more African Americans don’t think for themselves and just go with whatever they’re supposed to say and think."

- Dr. Benjamin Carson
    Quote Quote