Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF did they see in will Davis???

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks

NOT SO FAST WTF did they see in will Davis???

As much as I love the Jordan pick after watching a few of his game videos... I'm really questioning The Will Davis pick after watching this video! I'm ngoing to say what I see until others have watched the video! I want to see if anyone else comes to the same conclusion I did!

http://youtu.be/ZCDCJ6jiSko

And for those of you who say one video isn't enough evidence to prove anything..... here's more. Even the last video which is a highlight tape he doesn't look like a willing tackler. He's what I would think Ted Ginn would look like playing CB. But I'm going to trust Ireland\Philbin\Coyle on this one. But my hopes aren't high on this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMgu6l9kDNU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ0OcybS0ZM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNWW0TWiAQE
    Last edited by JTech194; 05-01-2013 at 12:24 PM. Reason: More info
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He's afraid/unwilling to tackle and doesn't recognize when he should help in run support.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If you're referring to his horrible tackling, I think it's pretty obvious. But I will say that he has good coverage skills and has only been playing football for less than 4 years, is it a reach? Not really, if you turns out to be good than I can really care less about his tackling, it's not really his job to tackle rbs, it would have been something different if he couldn't tackle receivers as well. But let's wait and see
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He lack aggressiveness when tackling bigger players but hes a good cover corner with good hands
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He's a project for sure, hes inexperienced but for did well considering. Athletically he's extremely quick and agile. I don't think anyone loves the pick, but this staff likes to draft guys who will eventually fit certain needs and they feel they can coach them up, unlike then past staff who had a very short vision and couldn't coach up anyone.

Last year we did the same with guys like Vernon and kaddu, this year those guys are expected to do much more. when they asked philbin who he was most excited about out of last years rookie class his answer was Kaddu.

I really like this staff doesn't reach for players they don't love at certain draft spots, instead they grab high upside projects that with time can be much bigger contributors. I think that's what we have with will Davis.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think he's a bit small but he can definately hold on to the ball and he transitions way better than Sean Smith.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/0ap20...out-Will-Davis
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Okay so lets use a reference of 10 points for rating this guys football skills as a Corner.

Coverage : 9/10 (for this game)
    -He is aggressive and attacks the ball in the air to make a play, finds himself in reach to swat away balls at the college level

Block shedding : 1/10
    -Damn he sucks a$$

Tackling : -5/10
    DAMN he sucks a$$ bad

Recognizing the play : 7/10
    He knows when to turn up field, and when to back pedal for a good majority of the time; he gets in the position he needs to in the secondery.
    BUT, his recognition behind the line is horribly lacking, cant line up with the RB's route to save his life.

Give him some time to bulk up for strength and study some film for the later part of pre-play. If anything he should be a decent second/third team coverage man to help the QBs game plan cover corners...BUT PLEASE don't put this man on special teams xD he will get blown up.

SUPER EPIC TOUCHDOWN FAIL OF ALL TIME
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daphne, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherif View Post
    I think he's a bit small but he can definately hold on to the ball and he transitions way better than Sean Smith.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/0ap20...out-Will-Davis
    From the first video he definitely is more of a CB than a Safety but he looks really quick on his feet.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As fluid of an athlete as any corner in the draft. Elite cod, quickness, and agility to go along with good length. Fastest 3-cone at the combine by alot, and his time was the 14th-fastest ever for any position. He moves really well. Raw having only been a full-time starter for 1 season. Serious tools to work with, though. High upside.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You can teach strength and technique. You can't teach instincts.
    Quote Quote