Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: WTF did they see in will Davis???

1. -51
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    If you're going by nfl.com ratings, Poyer got a 74. And he was on the board for a hot minute.
    And what round did poter get drafted again???? There's a reason why teams stayed far far away from him
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think after watching this link that he he bites on double moves at times bout who doesn't. With that said I believe that his technic can be fix sooner rather than later mainly because of his rawness that at times flashes that cover corner skill and very good foot work and agility. I believe he has the it factor, and coyle most definitely had his hands on this one. I don't mind the pick at all, I believe that they will get him in the weight room and lock him in the film room with Brent grimes. If he can lock down a slot guy and and play here for the next 4-5 years and consistently shows that cover skill than I could careless if his tackling ain't great, even though clearly in this video he can tackle his man one on one.

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

I think after watching this link that he he bites on double moves at times bout who doesn't. With that said I believe that his technic can be fix sooner rather than later mainly because of his rawness that at times flashes that cover corner skill and very good foot work and agility. I believe he has the it factor, and coyle most definitely had his hands on this one. I don't mind the pick at all, I believe that they will get him in the weight room and lock him in the film room with Brent grimes. If he can lock down a slot guy and and play here for the next 4-5 years and consistently shows that cover skill than I could careless if his tackling ain't great, even though clearly in this video he can tackle his man one on one.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ0OcybS0ZM
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arlington, Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JTech194 View Post
    It's not just one video, there are 4. And he's the same on all of em. And this is against sub-par talent. I'm afraid to see him up against NFL level talent. And we doubled down on CB with S. Smith and V. Davis and how'd that work out?? Just Sayin.
    Neither of them are on the team, but that doesn't mean they weren't productive for us. Philbin shipped Davis off because he isn't his type of player. I'm withholding my judgement on all the rookies until I AT LEAST hear how they look in practice.
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    All I need is one video to see this guy wants no parts of tackling. Aggressiveness is not something you teach, either you have it or you don't. If he doesn't change that attitude quickly, he's not going to last long in this league. Imagine him a avoiding contact like he did on the one goal line play as a member of the Ray Lewis led Ravins, or the current 49ers players would be all over him! He me or may not have potential as a cover guy... I agree with you, not enough video evidence for me to say, but I'm pretty confident that he will never be a willing tackler.
    Did you even play football?! Of course aggressiveness is teachable and trainable, i didn't start playing until high school and I hated tackling! I played corner and loathed when the run came my way, the coaches got me to bulk up and position myself Better...by senior year i tackled everything that came my way. Hes small, give him some lessons and give him some muscle mass, he will be more apt to tackle.

SUPER EPIC TOUCHDOWN FAIL OF ALL TIME
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    It's not just one video, there are 4. And he's the same on all of em. And this is against sub-par talent. I'm afraid to see him up against NFL level talent. And we doubled down on CB with S. Smith and V. Davis and how'd that work out?? Just Sayin.
    Don't be a smart ass, when you posted this thread there was only one video.
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What do you think is going to happen when teams see him lined up outside???? NFL teams are notorious for finding weak links and attacking them. They will run to his side, bubble screen him to death, pull lineman out to block him... Etc.. He will be taken advantage of.
    And it's then up to our coaches to game plan for the lack of tackling ability. He is on our team and he will play. It doesn't matter at this point that he can't tackle. I'm pretty sure Ireland and Philbin knew this about the guy and selected him anyway.
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Bench Warmer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I for one wish our starting secondary was Will Allen, Jason Allen, Will Davis, and Vontae Davis just to confuse the game day commentators.
    Total Depravity
    Unconditional Election
    Limited Atonement
    Irresistible Grace
    Perseverance of the Saints
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    The Oracle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We needed a another corner a LOT MORE then we needed another WR.

Our 3rd and 4th corners will see the field for 10 times the amount of plays our 3rd and 4th WR will.
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PyroDOLFAN View Post
    Did you even play football?! Of course aggressiveness is teachable and trainable, i didn't start playing until high school and I hated tackling! I played corner and loathed when the run came my way, the coaches got me to bulk up and position myself Better...by senior year i tackled everything that came my way. Hes small, give him some lessons and give him some muscle mass, he will be more apt to tackle.
    I played AND I currently Coach, at both the Optimist Level AND the highschool level. And trust me sir.. aggressiveness isn't teachable. There are some kids that are initially scared so you have to introduce them to the concept of tackling in baby steps and once they realize it's not as bad as it looks they become better at it. But in all cases, they must have a willingness to try.
    in your situation, you at least had a willingness to learn and try to tackle, so you had some aggression in you. Some kids just don't have it. No matter what you do as a coach, they won't do it. Won't even try. By the time you get in High School and definitely college, you either have the aggression or you don't. All football players aren't aggressive. And this guy isn't. And probably never will be. Doesn't mean he can't be a good player, just means you can't expect him to be a Bob Sanders or Ronnie Lott.

By the time you're in High School and definitely College, you should know how to tackle properly and safely therefore there's no need to be scared.
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    And I keep going back to Teg Ginn because he's a perfect example of someone that just isn't aggressive. I'm sure he knows how to lower his shoulder and fight for yards, I'm sure he's been told on several occasions by his coaches and teammates to be more aggressive and not run out of bounds.. but guess what! It ain't in him. And he'll never be aggressive. Size doesn't matter! Aggression is a Mindset. Tyran Matieu (Safety from LSU) is 5'8 at best but watch his film and you'll see that he's extremely aggressive, especially for his size. No one taught him that. It's in his personality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIfu0h0vhyE

THIS IS NATURAL AGGRESSION!!! YOU DON'T TEACH OR COACH THIS! How Dare you question by Football acumen ;-0 LOL
    Quote Quote