Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: Jamar Taylor's Kidney Issue May Have Made Him Slip to #54

1. -91
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
    Warner was the real deal. Slippery and tough. He came on the heels of Franco Harris' career, along with Lydell Mitchell, and would have deflected the subsequent doubts about Penn State running backs if he had remained healthy.

I'm not sure about Greg Cook. I remember that rookie year but I was very young. Kind of a Mark Fidrych situation. I want to believe the hype but not enough evidence.

Easley was a mega legend in college. Ronnie Lott was well known but nobody in Los Angeles compared him to Easley, well not until late during Lott's senior year. Even then, it was reluctant. Even Trojan fans had utmost respect for Easley. He was tough, rangy, instinctive and smart.

I was following the draft more closely in that era than before or since. When one of my favorites went to the wrong team, I was sick. As soon as O.J. Anderson was drafted by the St. Louis Cardinals in 1979, I knew he'd never fully live up to his potential fame, and same with Easley to Seattle.

BTW, in my earlier post I wasn't suggesting Jamar Taylor should leave football. Hardly. Make the kidney treatment an immediate priority, above football, and get multiple opinions. In my mom's case it always frustrated me that some doctors were so sparing with words. They'd say something, like a medical term, and we'd have to look it up to fill in the details.
    I know exactly what you mean. Last year my mother was diagnosed with a rare and serious but treatable heart condition and it was a similar situation. You never know whether the doctor with no social skills is really the guy you need -- substance over style -- or just sort of an *******.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    Quote Quote  

2. -92
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    what the hell is wrong with jordan poyer? that guy dropped all the way to 7th?
    Thats a damn good question. Some mocks had him going in first. i would have loved to land him late
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

3. -93
    Not Even Lazor Can Save Us

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by COMEBACKRICKY View Post
    Thanks Nublar, I've been looking for some more info. As I said in my previous posts asprins/ibuprofen can cause kidney damage. I'm glad you found the link and it talks about how he used anti-inflammatories.. If he was ACE inhibitors for his high blood pressure he should have been warned to not use anti inflammatories!!
    ACE inhibitors decrease the amount of blood your kidneys are getting and anti-inflammatories would decrease even further the amount of blood your kidneys are getting. We looked at a very similar case in class which is why I'm familiar with it. Like I said in my other post if you already have an issue with not getting enough blood to your kidneys like in renal artery stenosis you don't want to do anything that would further decrease the perfusion.. Taking ACE inhibitors and anti-inflammatories would result in this decreased perfusion.

Lastly I will say again that the initial blurb was misleading. If he is expected to improve he did not have damage to the irreparable parts of the kidneys. I suspect that the ACE inhibitors + anti-inflammatories caused some acute damage to his tubules either acute tubular necrosis or nephritis.

I think it's a few months for the kidneys to repair but yeah, nothing to worry about guys if it is one of those. I'm sure he will be in great hands and as we said earlier 42% efficiency may sound bad but it's not a huge issue as long as it doesn't keep deteriorating. When I first read the blurb I thought it was a lot worse. Freaking rotoworld.

Awsi, sorry about your mom
    For what it's worth, I agree and couldn't have explained it better myself. I'm sure we'll hear about this again when his contract nears expiration.
    Joe Philbin says, "Jim Turner was a great coach. He made sure shoes were tied at all times and that no gum wrappers touched the field."
    Quote Quote  

4. -94
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We don't know very much about Jamar's condition this could be a classic over reaction by pasionate fans -> my son has a form of kidney disease called Nephrotic Syndrome or minimal change disease and today he lives a very normal life he even plays football -> perhaps Jamar has this same disease and the Drs can clear it up -> minus the current scarring -> he could be as good as new

The drug Fosinpril did wonders for my son, and is used for folks with high blood pressure and it just happens to do wonders for folks with Nephrotic Syndrome -> perhaps Jamar's DRs now realizing the kidney issue will put him onto something like this
    Quote Quote  

5. -95
    Student of the Game

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    SC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Makes sense now. Hope his function gets better. Organ failure isn't fun.
    Quote Quote  

6. -96
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    Lets just hope he dosent have issues with going to the bathroom during practice like Vontae.
    Quote Quote