Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Jamar Taylor's Kidney Issue May Have Made Him Slip to #54

1. -51
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Jamar Taylor's Kidney Issue May Have Made Him Slip to #54

He was a second round pick for us so he does have that working against him being we can't pick 2nd round players for anything. I hope Jordan doesn't bust since we also used a second rounder on him too

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Check out the link to the video below.
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/...-the-NFL-draft

The NFL.com guys compare the value of the falcons trading up to get Desmond Trufant vs the value of Jamar Taylor and these guys almost all had Taylor as a better or equal prospect even though we got him in the second round. They however did not talk about his kidney concerns. It is definitely an interesting video to watch even though they do not cover the trade up for Jordan

I think this kid was a steal where we got him. Lets just hope his body heals up. The power of the human body to heal itself once it is being taken care of properly is amazing.
    He may be a steal but I did not rea one person that had Taylor rated as good or better than Trufant
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I take that back any player taken in second round should be a starting level player and almost never is a sleeper
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by COMEBACKRICKY View Post

As I said in my previous post, the kidneys do very good job of healing themselves in certain instances but in some cases it's imposible to expect recovery. It sounds to me that you suffered from an acute affliction (quick onset) and once you were given the steroids your kidneys were able heal. So you can and did recover. Chronic kidney problems you wouldn't be able to heal since the kidneys are past the point of healing. I'm glad that your kidneys are working well

Like you've been told you don't want to be in a prolonged state of renal inefficiency because thats when the kidney gets damaged from not getting enough blood and scarring can develop. So far that sounds like what happend to Jamar but I can't find an article that talks about it more in depth. If he did have kidney scarring then it's not something that his kidneys can recover from but the blurb contradicts itself since it says he is expected to heal So I'm not sure if it is an acute thing or a chronic thing but if it was a situation in which the doctors felt like his kidneys were inadequate I would assume this would be a much bigger story. But yeah, at 42% efficiency most people will be fine outside of the hypertension and fatigue the issue here is that it could easily get worse and worse until he goes into kidney failure.
    yeah they are pretty well. Like I said I do have a little protein in my urine. But just slight, like my albumen level and the other one are good. I don't remember what they are called. There for two protein levels as far as if they are in this range they are fine and the other protein range. But like I said they aren't completely 100%, as evident by some protein leak, sometimes especially adults they say they can heal and recover but not usually to 100%, wheres my nephrologist, said children recovering from an acut thing like mine have a better ability to recovery all the way. I was just 18 when i had this thing. I rememer you asked if I had diabetes. Nope I don't luckily. But I did have some rare, vasuclitis like thing that hit me, I dont know what caused it. But it came on quick and last a while for my body to get out. And yeah prednison didn't work, I had to resort to cytoxin, which suppresses the immune system but stronger than prednisone. I think cancer patients take that. Mine luckily wasn't as strong, they told me I was taking 1/3 the strength of cytoxin, that cancer patients take.

It was by ivy. And since you asked, this would be good lessen for you to learn since you are in the medical field or study it. Like I said I had a rare autoimmune thing come along and it's a abbreviated or called HSP, because of the weird long name. its called Henoch–Schönlein purpura. this usually affects children, which is why i dont know how or why it got me, but like some things that hit people later in life, and can be stronger this was for me, than maybe how it would be for kids. Even though its pretty devastating even for kids who get this. ah, thats it. since i checked it on wikipedia. creatnine and urea levels. yeah like i said they are and have been good or maintined. i know not pefect, but thats how i know my kidneys have been good and the level they are. I don't know the exact level, but its been stable for a long time and good enough that my kidney doctor used to check me every 3 months the past years and he says every 6 months are good.
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    How about Taylor went where he should of in this draft? Let's not make out that he fell all the way down the board like Matt Barkley or Ryan Nassib. He was supposedly a late round one pick/early two and he goes 54. Big deal.

Let's see how he works in camp.
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Jamar Taylor's Kidney Issue May Have Made Him Slip to #54

The guy dropped on some teams boards because of the issue. Other teams may have took him off their boards completely. We'll never know for sure.

It may become a big issue. It may not become a big issue. We don't know. Obviously, the Dolphins were comfortable enough to take the risk and pick him when they did.

I think we can all agree that it is an issue no matter who drafted him. But such is the risk/reward game that is the NFL draft. I for one am fine with the Fins taking the chance.

Moving on....
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    So we're assuming that teams that passed on him had no reason?

Kidneys functioning at 42% is ok for a professional athlete playing in sweltering heat and humidity?
    Who would have you taken at 54?

I was rooting for this player to fall to 54. I love the pick. I had him mocked to Atlanta in RD1. I will stand by this pick until he proves otherwise. Good kid. Has been coached up. Excellent skills.
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    As long as he is healthy and will remain so, and live a full life (lost my godmother to kidney failure so it's a soft spot), then I will say I'm glad he fell to us. Wouldn't want to feel so happy about it if his well being is at stake.
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Student of the Game

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    SC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What test is the 42% based on? Was it simple blood work or something like a GFR?
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY - Atlantic
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The entire top end of our draft was Boom or Bust this year:

-Jordan could be great or a bust if we cant find the right position for him/he cant develop at DE
    -Taylor could be a great steal in the 2nd or have health problems his whole career
    -Thomas could be a solid starting G or may be a career backup

According to the analysts and scouting reports on these guys, it could be an unbelievable or awful draft looking back in 3 years. Def riskier than I remember. And we took a lot of guys with injury concerns this year, more than I ever remember in the past. But I guess that is where some of the value comes from these guys falling.
    Quote Quote