Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lt

1. -21
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Send our '14 2nd rd pick for Eugene Monroe. 2nd is steep for Albert but Monroe is fine with me.
    I really hope Jon Martin can handle LT, and still have hope for him because he got bigger and stronger this off season, but why they sniffing around if he cab be a good LT???

Quote Originally Posted by Fins1971 View Post
    One name not mentioned is Eugene Monroe with Jacksonville. He is in the final year of his rookie contract and was selected 8th overall in 2009 draft.
    Since they just drafted Luke Joekel to take his spot, he could come free from the Jaguars.
    Pretty much the same situation as KC and Albert/Fisher. Except Monroe's salary ($3.8M this year, FA next )and future demands are much lower than Alberts.
    He has started 4 years for the jags and only missed 3 games. If we were going to trade a pick for a LT I would rather get Monroe than Fat Albert.

Also like the option of getting Eric Winston which wouldn't cost us a draft pick.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football

According to ESPN Dallas, the Cowboys will release RT Doug Free with a post-June 1 designation if he does not accept a pay cut before then.
    Per beat writer Tim McMahon, the Cowboys have an offer on the table and "hope he accepts it." If not, they'll cut Free and sign a free agent replacement, preferably Tyson Clabo. It's unclear what owner/GM Jerry Jones is waiting for; Clabo would be a sizable upgrade on Free and probably cost the same amount as the pay-cut proposal, if not less. With age, Jones has become less and less willing to admit past mistakes. He blundered by signing Free to a four-year, $32 million in 2011, and can't bring himself to part with the player.

Thanks to Like2God for the great Avatar/Sig!

Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    BTW, I know Fisher and Joeckel are good players, but two bottoms teams who have decent LTs pick them even their massive holes everywhere???
    There's reasons why they suck...
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Phin fan since 1970!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Looks like phins dont like any available for the money they want and number of years they want. Phins will wait till after June first and if no one else is cut by June 10, will sign Winston in my opinion.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i think we wait till training camp unfolds and if no one wins the spot ,we may bring in a fa player or trade for one.why give money away before you know what you have
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bayonne, NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks

Player Doug Free may be available soon

He might not take a pay cut and could be released. He seems like Clabo though. Not sure he fits. But I think we can all assume we are looking for a RT at this point and J. Martin will be out LT. We must hate Winston. Perfect fit and still relatively young. I hope Thomas pans out as a RT, but still would like some a competition. I think we are waiting for some possible cuts down the line.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BayonnePhinPhan View Post
    He might not take a pay cut and could be released. He seems like Clabo though. Not sure he fits. But I think we can all assume we are looking for a RT at this point and J. Martin will be out LT. We must hate Winston. Perfect fit and still relatively young. I hope Thomas pans out as a RT, but still would like some a competition. I think we are waiting for some possible cuts down the line.
    They are a lot of teams that don't think highly of Winston.
    A Dallas article said they studied film on him and was not impressed at all.
    They rated Clabo much higher.
    The Dolphins must not be all that impressed with him either.

I think they may be holding out for a trade- dealing a 3rd round pick for Albert or Monroe.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah i wish we would just sign Eric Winston. I dont know what the wait is for. I dont see how the team can be confident in the tackles as is.
    Quote Quote