Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: Florida Gators to have strong presence on Dolphins' roster

1. -71
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MRojas4 View Post
    Leave it to the FSU grad to throw out an irrational statistic.

University of Miami, Aerospace Engineering, Class of 2010.
    Like I said, I have no problem with Canes fans that actually went to school there. I find it funny that you're the only one that's responded that you went to school there. I stand by my stat. 99% of UM fans that live in Miami went to Miami Dade community college, or are working on finishing their GED at the age of 45....
    Quote Quote  

2. -72
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Shots fired.................... again

Miami is Hurricane football, period. Even if you went to MDCC or FIU I'd almost guarantee you'd still be a Canes fan. It's a city thing. Something Tally doesn't know about since it's not really considered a city, more like a town you try to drive around when it gets dark out, or the kind of place you would not want to be stuck in with all the barnyard rapes and such.

GED at 45... Are you implying that Miami residents are dumb? I'm pretty sure we're light-years ahead of wherever Tallahassee country folk are at. How do people get around in the town? Do they even have a real road going through there?? With actual street lights and paved roads or do they still ride horseback?
    2014 Mock Draft

1. Zack Martin - OT/OG - Notre Dame
    2. Chris Borland - ILB - Wisconsin
    3. C.J. Fiedeorowicz - TE - Iowa
    4. Trai Turner - OG - LSU
    5. Brandon Thomas - OT/OG - Clemson
    6. Storm Johnson - RB - South Florida
    7. Calvin Barnett - DT - Oklahoma State

Quote Quote  

3. -73
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Playmaker76 View Post
    99% of UM fans that live in Miami went to Miami Dade community college, or are working on finishing their GED at the age of 45....
    You got me dude .

Are you really saying in order to root for a college team you must go to school there ?

There was a time the university of Miami football was the only game in town. No pro anything before 1966 when the Fins got a franchise here.
    Lots of Miami natives grew up with the Canes and many are still fans today.
    Quote Quote  

4. -74
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ITS!MATEO View Post
    Shots fired.................... again Miami is Hurricane football, period. Even if you went to MDCC or FIU I'd almost guarantee you'd still be a Canes fan. It's a city thing. Something Tally doesn't know about since it's not really considered a city, more like a town you try to drive around when it gets dark out, or the kind of place you would not want to be stuck in with all the barnyard rapes and such.GED at 45... Are you implying that Miami residents are dumb? I'm pretty sure we're light-years ahead of wherever Tallahassee country folk are at. How do people get around in the town? Do they even have a real road going through there?? With actual street lights and paved roads or do they still ride horseback?
    Your stadium attendance suggests otherwise.... Look I was raised in Miami and currently live here. I grew up enjoying Hurricanes football but never felt any ties to the program. As a matter of fact, I always felt it was foolish to brag or be a "diehard" fan of a school you don't attend. For the record, I have no problem if you "root" for the Canes if you didn't go to school there. I do have a problem with those people bragging about the Canes and taking shots at other schools when they didn't even attend UM.
    Quote Quote  

5. -75
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's our team, dude.. We can brag all we want.......... traitor jk

I personally know Miami locals that went to school at UF and FSU, that are still die hard Canes fans.

Even Udonis Haslem, a UF grad, is still a UM guy. Schools don't matter when it comes to the city team. Like I said, Miami is Hurricanes.
    Last edited by ITS!MATEO; 05-02-2013 at 11:32 PM.
    Quote Quote  

6. -76
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ITS!MATEO View Post
    It's our team, dude.. We can brag all we want.......... traitor jk

I personally know Miami locals that went to school at UF and FSU, that are still die hard Canes fans.

Even Udonis Haslem, a UF grad, is still a UM guy. Schools don't matter when it comes to the city team. Like I said, Miami is Hurricanes.
    Technically FIU is "Miami" since they are in Miami and UM is in Coral Gables.... :-)
    Quote Quote