Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mike Sherman's comments on T.Hill's 2nd season

1. -11
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolphinDevil28 View Post
    Dude, this is like the good ole days when we were all on a first name basis! It's good to have an electricity back in the air, eh?

...and I'll take having to gel with more talent over the same old, same old any day. I guess the fifth preseason game won't hurt.
    Brother Marty used to ask me many of times what's this persons first name and I would tell him and he was like dang.... yes i try to remember as many names as I can. Yes I am trying to bring the old days back as much as I can bro. Yes the five exhibition games will give the players plenty of time to impress and the coaching staff enough time to evaluate. hope all is well bro.

Thanks to Like2God for the great Avatar/Sig!

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    8+ TDs for Hartline this season, you heard it here first.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    8+ TDs for Hartline this season, you heard it here first.
    And how much for Wallace haha?

Quote Quote  

4. -14
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Me thinks Tannehill 20+ TDS 15 or less INTs (4+ rushing TDs of his own)
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I gotta be honest, and I think we left the job half-unfinished. The Wallace acquisition was excellent, but that not only adds a top receiver and deep threat for Tannehill, it also opens up the running game, which we needed. But, we still have only 2 WR's, because I'm not convinced with Gibson. He had his most highlight-reel play against us, and I worry that it made a false impression in Ireland's mind. So, while the Wallace move is good, and I'm in favor of improving out slot receiver over Bess ... we didn't do it.

Gibson is a 3rd WR behind Wallace and Hartline, but IMHO, he's a below-average WR and was part of the only other WR corps in the NFL on par with the Dolphins as the worst in the league. Nobody in their right mind thinks Gibson stacks up with even the other guys in our own state--Vincent Jackson, Mike Wallace, Justin Blackmon, Mike Wallace or Brian Hartline. Heck, I'd even take Cecil Shorts over Gibson, so let's not delude ourselves that he's a quality #3.

It would have been great to add someone like Justin Hunter, Robert Woods or even Markus Wheaton, and if we weren't so scared about his concussions a Ryan Swope. But we skipped the position, and Ireland hasn't really shown any ability to scout college WR's, so that's not surprising.

At TE, we lost our ability to conceal run vs. pass when we let Fasano walk, and replaced him with a signaling system of Keller (pass) and Sims (run). Bad move, and neither of those guys is a good red zone theat.

I wish we had finished the job, passed on Dion Jordan, added Tyler Eifert or Justin Hunter and gone with Tank Carradine for the defense.

Tannehill will be improved, and the presence of Wallace helps tremendously. Gibson is a below-average WR, but he is still an improvement over Naanee, Armstrong, Binns, etc., and all the dross we trotted out there last year at 3rd WR. Frankly, I'm hoping Rishard Matthews develops and takes Gibson's spot. But, we still have a lot of improvement left around Tannehill next year ... LT, TE, WR3 and hopefully both of those receiving targets are legitimate red zone threats.
    Last edited by Digital; 05-01-2013 at 11:32 PM.
    "I want guys who want to make an impact on and off the field. Good human beings. Guys who want to get better. Guys who want to improve. They want to be great, want to win. Those types of guys we can work with every day." --Joe Philbin
    - Defending the Read Option - What do you think?
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Nashville
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital View Post
    I gotta be honest, and I think we left the job half-unfinished. The Wallace acquisition was excellent, but that not only adds a top receiver and deep threat for Tannehill, it also opens up the running game, which we needed. But, we still have only 2 WR's, because I'm not convinced with Gibson. He had his most highlight-reel play against us, and I worry that it made a false impression in Ireland's mind. So, while the Wallace move is good, and I'm in favor of improving out slot receiver over Bess ... we didn't do it. Gibson is a 3rd WR behind Wallace and Hartline, but IMHO, he's a below-average WR and was part of the only other WR corps in the NFL on par with the Dolphins as the worst in the league. Nobody in their right mind thinks Gibson stacks up with even the other guys in our own state--Vincent Jackson, Mike Wallace, Justin Blackmon, Mike Wallace or Brian Hartline. Heck, I'd even take Cecil Shorts over Gibson, so let's not delude ourselves that he's a quality #3.

It would have been great to add someone like Justin Hunter, Robert Woods or even Markus Wheaton, and if we weren't so scared about his concussions a Ryan Swope. But we skipped the position, and Ireland hasn't really shown any ability to scout college WR's, so that's not surprising.

At TE, we lost our ability to conceal run vs. pass when we let Fasano walk, and replaced him with a signaling system of Keller (pass) and Sims (run). Bad move, and neither of those guys is a good red zone theat.

I wish we had finished the job, passed on Dion Jordan, added Tyler Eifert or Justin Hunter and gone with Tank Carradine for the defense.

Dang it sucks Josh Boyce was snagged by the Pats before we could of got him. I was reading that earlier today but Hey at least Ireland is actually noticing the fact that we still need that slot reciever that can really get the YAC (Bess had sure hands but wasn't that elusive to rack up the YAC) and make an impact in the slot.

Now on Gibson I believe he's going to turn some heads this year and we'll be excited! Hopefully mathews can do work this year and we can find another gem this offseason! Ha not going to lie, there's a lot of hoping for next season and boy it's going to be interesting to see how it all plays out. I don't want my balls blue so i'm going to start making my predictions come after preseason.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree with ya Marley7, and I was actually editing my post to add that while you posted, heh. Always good when others see things the same way we do.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Nashville
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Haha no worries and it's relieving isn't it? Well bruddah things should be finally looking up for as fin fans! Sounds crazy but when the Dolphins lose on Sunday it just zaps my energy for the rest of the day. SOOO hoping next season I'll have the opportunity to enjoy a few sweet celebration drinks with my feet up enjoying the highlights on espn!
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Richard Matthews will surprise a lot of people.

He's replacing Bess. Book it.

SAMMY WATKINS IS THE BEST WR IN THE COUNTRY & FUTURE MIAMI DOLPHIN!
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital View Post
    I gotta be honest, and I think we left the job half-unfinished. The Wallace acquisition was excellent, but that not only adds a top receiver and deep threat for Tannehill, it also opens up the running game, which we needed. But, we still have only 2 WR's, because I'm not convinced with Gibson. He had his most highlight-reel play against us, and I worry that it made a false impression in Ireland's mind. So, while the Wallace move is good, and I'm in favor of improving out slot receiver over Bess ... we didn't do it.

Gibson is a 3rd WR behind Wallace and Hartline, but IMHO, he's a below-average WR and was part of the only other WR corps in the NFL on par with the Dolphins as the worst in the league. Nobody in their right mind thinks Gibson stacks up with even the other guys in our own state--Vincent Jackson, Mike Wallace, Justin Blackmon, Mike Wallace or Brian Hartline. Heck, I'd even take Cecil Shorts over Gibson, so let's not delude ourselves that he's a quality #3.

Tannehill will be improved, and the presence of Wallace helps tremendously. Gibson is a below-average WR, but he is still an improvement over Naanee, Armstrong, Binns, etc., and all the dross we trotted out there last year at 3rd WR. Frankly, I'm hoping Rishard Matthews develops and takes Gibson's spot. But, we still have a lot of improvement left around Tannehill next year ... LT, TE, WR3 and hopefully both of those receiving targets are legitimate red zone threats.
    Supposedly Dion Sims will play more snaps than the #4 WR.... Also we might sign McKinnie AND a veteran RT like Winston, Clabo, or Justice....
    Quote Quote