Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ian Rapaport: Phins only offered 3rd for Albert; deal dead... Jackson: OT deal "soon"

1. -21
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fremont, Ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Im glad we didnt make the trade but Kc is also smart for not trading a very good player for that low of value. I dont know why people act like KC cannot keep Albert.
    There are 5 positions on line and he can fill a couple.
    he can fill them, but said he is unwilling to play anywhere besides LT. Also if they keep him it will be around 8-9 mill a year, and do you really want a RT or LG at that money?
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minnesota
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Still like how this is playing out for us. We have options and we are taking our time in making sure we pick the best one(s). Albert was something we explored but KC wasn't realistic on what they could get for him. So now they must try and salvage a situation that is nearly impossible. Albert is a LT and he has made it perfectly clear he does not want to play RT. So do they play him at LT, pay him big $$$ and then stifle the development of their #1 pick. Oh and that #1 pick now turns out to be for a RT???? He will want to be paid as a LT too. Another reason Albert won't move to RT is that he will make a LOT more $$ as a LT in the free market next year than RT. If they truly are going to keep him, then they deserve everything they are about to get out of that nightmare. We can move on and sign one or two guys to short term contracts until we develop and/or find someone long term for either LT or RT (depending on what we are doing with Martin). But regardless, we have options.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    with albert and the chiefs going for a new deal I wonder if it is one that will enable a better trade value. Because this makes no sense as well signing him long term. means your #1 is RT for most of career. just a thought.
    Well he wont make big money so its possible to do that. Dmitri Patterson cap hit will be greater than Fisher's
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chandler, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Albert sucks.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Glad we never traded for Albert.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zach8111 View Post
    he can fill them, but said he is unwilling to play anywhere besides LT. Also if they keep him it will be around 8-9 mill a year, and do you really want a RT or LG at that money?
    I dont want that kind of money spent but with Fisher not making big money its better to overpay a position and have a better line than give him away for less than value. Hell keep Albert at lT and let your number one pick play RT for now.
    I would try to push down Albert's contract demands because at this point there is no pressure to sign him long term this early in process. He also can still be traded and teams might be more willing to trade a future second now. Best case scenario you trade for another guy that cant come to a long term with your team. Why panic for a third round pick you may likely get as compensation for him leaving.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    And how many fans based their opinion on Ireland conceding to a 2nd rounder and proceeding to bash him unmercifully? Filling the board with spam, moaning and otherwise self directed bashing.

Jeff Ireland has changed. And he cooked up a pot of Crow Soup called the 2013 Offseason. Eat up boys!

The Miami Dolphins are legit again. All aboard!
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfan40353 View Post
    And how many fans based their opinion on Ireland conceding to a 2nd rounder and proceeding to bash him unmercifully? Filling the board with spam, moaning and otherwise self directed bashing.

Jeff Ireland has changed. And he cooked up a pot of Crow Soup called the 2013 Offseason. Eat up boys!

The Miami Dolphins are legit again. All aboard!
    He didn't change, he's now free.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Leave Users Titles Alone!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oneida County, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DzakkH13 View Post
    A 3rd is the most I thought Albert would be worth becuse of the large contract.

I'd like to see Miami sign eithert McKinnie or Winston. We need a starting quality OT.
    I agree with Dub - my target order would be Clabo, McKinnie, Justict then Winston...Something is not well liked concerning him at two of his last stops in two years...
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 2m

Being told the #Dolphins are open to signing LT Bryant McKinnie AND a vet RT (Winston, Clabo, Justice) but only on the cheap/not long term.

Approve of this, also. I would not be against moving Martin to guard for a year.
    If they do that, I've got to give Jeff Ireland some credit.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote