Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oregon Defensive Cordinator on Jordan

1. -11
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    The DC kept saying "quality guys", he seemed very proud and excited for Jordan. I didn't hear any worry or shots at Jordan.
    I know I watched it earlier.

I couldn't believe dude thought he was talking abound "off the field problems"

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfanmiami View Post
    Yea i got that too nubs. I did like the discussion on Dion's ability to defend the spread option. Long arms and speed off the edge.
    The coach never thought Dion would go that high but there is always a premium on good pass rushers. Well worth the gamble I think.
    I kind of like this Oregon coach, he speaks his mind and comes across knowledgeable. I bet he can be a pain in the ass to the players though.

He is also the same guy that created the praying mantis nickname.

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No he doesn't outright say it but his opening statement is he thinks there good young men but can't watch them 24-7....why would he say that? He then closes with he thinks there's no doubt that Jordan will be a good football player and that their good young men and just he just hopes they do the right things off the field. I may be reding too much into it , but why would he say that if there wasn't a little concern?
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by mmikel30 View Post
    No he doesn't outright say it but his opening statement is he thinks there good young men but can't watch them 24-7....why would he say that? He then closes with he thinks there's no doubt that Jordan will be a good football player and that their good young men and just he just hopes they do the right things off the field. I may be reding too much into it , but why would he say that if there wasn't a little concern?
    They have money now.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Southern California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The way I see it, with all of Oregon's issues (regarding the bong in the picture with the recruit, new possible sanctions, Cliff Harris, talk of drug use), he's being cautious, but also saying that these guys are all quality guys, he's giving them an endorsement that stands out past what other Oregon players have done.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well I guess I will play devil's advocate here. I can kinda see where the OP got his opinion. I can't say with 100% assurance that the coach was saying "he's trouble", or has a big chance of getting into trouble, but I can absolutely see how someone could read it that way. Maybe with all the crap going on up there with off field issues, it was just on his mind, and he thought he would throw out a warning, to keep his player's minds on staying clean. Hard to miss how out of topic it was, seemed as if he was trying to gently steer the conversation in that direction, at least to me.

Let's at the very least say if you are a DC trying to sell his player to the next level, so that players coming to the program can know they will get the same treatment, he didn't do the best job of creating an image where these players biggest concerns were being late for choir practice.

Not a big deal, but something we can keep an eye on. I mean lets face it, we are dolphin fans, and things have been going too smooth this offseason, for a few disasters not to come smack us in the mouth, Wallace and his tweeter opinions not withstanding.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They never had off field issues before, why now ?
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Winner Under Construction

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Go to miamidolphins.com and listen to the clip of Jordan's D Cordinator ...He sounds worried that Jordan and the MLB Ufda from Oregon will have off the field issues.
    I think that was a very mild reference to the environment that exists in all college football player's lives today. College coaches must spend a lot of time keeping their players focused. So, maybe that was just on his mind? The more important thing I get from it is that you MUST account for Dion Jordan no matter what play you plan to run against the Dolphins. With a very solid middle and Wake on the other edge, how can an opposing offense afford to double team anyone in our defense? Very encouraging to hear that from his old coordinator .
    The superior man blames himself. The inferior man blames others.

- Don Shula

Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    To the OP.... Are you serious? I think you're reaching, or maybe you're one of those Dion Jordan haters! This is a non issue and nothing to be concerned with.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Come on guys let's be real here for a second. If you give any 22 to 24 year old millions of dollars there will always be some concern for off the field issues. They are still kids, hell I was a father at 24 but it didn't mean I was a grow ass man in terms of my knowlege, if you had given me millions then I'm sure I'd have found a little mischief. lol.

I trust that Ireland and Co. did their jobs scouting and from everything I have read so far off the field is a non-issue so far for this draft class. There are a bunch of stand up guys in this Miami draft class, do I think none of them won't find some trouble, nope. I know some of them will but if they do I hope it isn't anything bad and that they grow up becasue of it.
    Peace and Humptiness Forever

Quote Quote