Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Good to see the Jets screw up, again!!

1. -61
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Good to see the Jets screw up, again!!

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Every year we seem to screw up according to you guys yet 90% of the time we are better than you guys. I'm glad you hate the moves we are making, it makes me like them even more.
    Not to make this a numbers game or anything, but last season we finished ahead of you in the standings. Of the two games we played, we lost to you by a field goal in overtime in the first game and spanked you in the second game. Who's better?
    Quote Quote  

2. -62
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cdz12250 View Post
    Not to make this a numbers game or anything, but last season we finished ahead of you in the standings. Of the two games we played, we lost to you by a field goal in overtime in the first game and spanked you in the second game. Who's better?
    Time will tell, you can't base everything off of last year. That's like when people on here get mad when Jets fans talk about going to back to back AFC Championship games in the 09 and 10 seasons. Who cares now. You were better then us by the end of the season in my opinion but when we were healthier I think we were better then you in the beginning of the season. But none of that matters cause neither team made the playoffs.

I wouldn't expect you guys to be proud of a 7-9 season the same way I don't think you guys would expect us to be proud of a 6-10 win season. In the end both teams still have a lot of work and catching up to do.
    Quote Quote  

3. -63
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ_Jax28 View Post
    It would be weird if during the Pre-draft process one of these drafts, unsubstantiated rumors about a player didn't surface. It always happens, and most of the time has no bearing on that players career in the NFL. Nowadays the media is there to make news, not report it.

Im just saying, it's ridiculous to say how anybody screwed up the draft by taking a player who has yet to participate in an NFL practice, let alone a game. I understand all you Jets haters want to pile on, at this point, but you really have no idea if he's going to succeed or not.
    But this was said AFTER the draft... What incentive would they have at that point?
    FIRE FAILBIN

Joe Philbin, PowerPoint Guru (Not Head Coach Material)
    Philbin ... put it all together in a PowerPoint presentation. Everything about that presentation had to be perfect.

If any PowerPoint slide had a spelling or grammar mistake, any typo, any scheme error, that was my responsibility, just like a teacher, Philbin said.
    Quote Quote  

4. -64
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks

I'm not trying to pile on the Jets, I just don't think Geno has what it takes to succeed on a team like that. I would actually be a lot more worried about the Jets if they drafted EJ or Barkley, because I think those guys have the mentality to survive that brutal market.
    Quote Quote  

5. -65
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolpns13 View Post
    Well thats certainly being optimistic. You need a QB first and by 2015 you will be in the market for a new one starting (including HC and GM) back at phase 1.
    after you guys fail again this year you will be back to where we are this offseason- new GM, probable new coach and maybe new QB.

Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    Come back and read this thread in 3 years. I would bet a pretty penny that EJ Manuel will have a more successful career than Geno.
    and Tannehill.

so we split right? we were as bad as could be, you guys had a good year and yet we were separated by a game.

Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    I'm not trying to pile on the Jets, I just don't think Geno has what it takes to succeed on a team like that. I would actually be a lot more worried about the Jets if they drafted EJ or Barkley, because I think those guys have the mentality to survive that brutal market.
    My hope is geno never plays for the Jets, my hope is this gets Sanchez going and he he begins to have the career he looked like he was going to have after the 2010 season but if geno is the man here we'll see soon enough if he can handle it. The great thing about the NFL is you never know.
    Quote Quote  

6. -66
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Spanked doesnt do it justice. We completely destroyed, annihiliated and embarrassed them in their own house.. Well, Psuedo house.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

We will not fail with easily the second best QB in the division. The Jets on the other hand will be battling it out for the AFCE cellar with Buffalo. The following year I fully expect the Jets to be the last team in the division.
    after you guys fail again this year you will be back to where we are this offseason- new GM, probable new coach and maybe new QB.

and Tannehill.

so we split right? we were as bad as could be, you guys had a good year and yet we were separated by a game.

My hope is geno never plays for the Jets, my hope is this gets Sanchez going and he he begins to have the career he looked like he was going to have after the 2010 season but if geno is the man here we'll see soon enough if he can handle it. The great thing about the NFL is you never know.
    So if you hope Geno never plays, why is it so hard for you to admit it was a bad pick? With all the negativity that constantly surrounds the Jets, I would suspect that their fans would hate to draft an immature player with a bad attitude. With that however, this is the cutlure that Rex brought into the Jets and one that Woody seems to have no problem with.
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

7. -67
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks

I don't think EJ will be more successful than Tannehill, but I can't discount it as a possibility. I think Tannehill is a more well-rounded QB than EJ, but right now EJ probably has better weapons to work with overall.
    Quote Quote  

8. -68
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo

and Tannehill.
    I remember you saying something like that last year, and yet Ireland and Philbin are still here while the Jets GM is gone and Rex is on the hot seat.

You really think E.J Manual will be a more successful QB than Tannehill 3 years from now?
    Quote Quote  

9. -69
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Every year we seem to screw up according to you guys yet 90% of the time we are better than you guys. I'm glad you hate the moves we are making, it makes me like them even more.
    90 %???Now that is a good one........Win in OT by 3 points and get embarrassed 30-9 in your own house.Get a new Acme Calculator,yours has issues.
    Quote Quote  

10. -70
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ_Jax28 View Post
    LOL, did you really just reference a Yahoo! Sports article while trying to support your opinion on a player who hasn't even played a game yet? Well played, sir..
    I did. Not sure why you're insinuating that the article isn't good enough for posting.

Quote Quote