Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Good to see the Jets screw up, again!!

1. -71
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ_Jax28 View Post
    I don't have much respect for Yahoo, and I'm not sure who does. But in reference to the actual article, the draft is about potential. Not sure about you, but when I was 21-22 years old, I was slightly immature too. You always hope players learn and mature, and I'm sure Geno is no different.

The only thing I can actually respond and react to is the interviews that I personally saw with the kid, for example the Gruden interview. And from what I can tell, the kid seems like a good one. As far as these anonymous "league executives"? Who cares, they could be anyone..
    Your not having much respect for Yahoo doesn't make it any less reputable. Comparing yourself at that age with a college QB who is now on your favorite team is pointless too considering he's experienced things you and I never will.

It's fine that you think the world of the guy and why wouldn't you? You want your team to succeed so you keep telling yourself Geno Smith is the QB that will take the Jets all the way. It's a fan's natural way of thinking.

Quote Quote  

2. -72
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolpns13 View Post
    Spanked doesnt do it justice. We completely destroyed, annihiliated and embarrassed them in their own house.. Well, Psuedo house.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

We will not fail with easily the second best QB in the division. The Jets on the other hand will be battling it out for the AFCE cellar with Buffalo. The following year I fully expect the Jets to be the last team in the division.

So if you hope Geno never plays, why is it so hard for you to admit it was a bad pick? With all the negativity that constantly surrounds the Jets, I would suspect that their fans would hate to draft an immature player with a bad attitude. With that however, this is the cutlure that Rex brought into the Jets and one that Woody seems to have no problem with.
    I think it was a good value pick, a guy that was supposed to in the top 10 falls to our 3rd pick of the draft but I didn't want a QB so I don't like the pick.

Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    I remember you saying something like that last year, and yet Ireland and Philbin are still here while the Jets GM is gone and Rex is on the hot seat.

You really think E.J Manual will be a more successful QB than Tannehill 3 years from now?
    Ireland escaped, another failure and he will be gone though I hope he stays. Since he took over it's been nothing but losing seasons.

I have no idea on Manuel, I'm goofing around w/ some friendly trash talk. we'll see how all 3 young QBs fare, Ryan certainly has a leg up w/ a year under his belt and the best weapons in the division around him(in the pass game).

Quote Originally Posted by Phindog View Post
    90 %???Now that is a good one........Win in OT by 3 points and get embarrassed 30-9 in your own house.Get a new Acme Calculator,yours has issues.
    so we split, right?
    Quote Quote  

3. -73
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks

Good to see the Jets screw up, again!!

Actually, since Ireland took over, his teams have been more successful than any other dolphin teams this decade other than the twilight of the JJ draftees under Wanny.

I think Irrland has brought talent to the team every year, with his share of misses. Seeing what happened with Sparano after he left here, it's becoming clear the issue was talent development, not talent acquisition.
    Quote Quote  

4. -74
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    Actually, since Ireland took over, his teams have been more successful than any other dolphin teams this decade other than the twilight of the JJ draftees under Wanny.

I think Irrland has brought talent to the team every year, with his share of misses. Seeing what happened with Sparano after he left here, it's becoming clear the issue was talent development, not talent acquisition.
    Parcells ran the team in '08 and that's the only year you had success. W/ Wannstedt you made 2 postseasons and competed fro another, w/ Ireland you have yet to even compete for a postseason berth.

did I miss something? were you guys under .500 last year or not? w/ all that talent and great coaching why didn't you even compete for a postseason berth?
    Quote Quote  

5. -75
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks

Good to see the Jets screw up, again!!

I never said it was a great accomplishment considering how bad the dolphins have been since 2000. Wanny won with JJs guys but completely gutted the team during his stewardship. From a talent acquisition perspective, Ireland has been the most successful since JJ. It's a low bar, but it can't really be disputed. Cameron and mueller would pray for a 7-9 record.
    Quote Quote  

6. -76
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks

OH PLEASE

Even before losing 13 out of their last 19 games, this is the reality of the Bill Polian-enabled jests. I've said before that Rex is on a Rich Kotite type career trajectory and nothing I've seen even down the buffoonery and cluelessness has altered that opinion.

Quote Quote  

7. -77
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thats why there is actual vs forecast. His forecast was a top ten however his actual value was a 2nd rounder.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I think it was a good value pick, a guy that was supposed to in the top 10 falls to our 3rd pick of the draft but I didn't want a QB so I don't like the pick.

Ireland escaped, another failure and he will be gone though I hope he stays. Since he took over it's been nothing but losing seasons.

I have no idea on Manuel, I'm goofing around w/ some friendly trash talk. we'll see how all 3 young QBs fare, Ryan certainly has a leg up w/ a year under his belt and the best weapons in the division around him(in the pass game).

so we split, right?
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

8. -78
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    Your not having much respect for Yahoo doesn't make it any less reputable. Comparing yourself at that age with a college QB who is now on your favorite team is pointless too considering he's experienced things you and I never will.

It's fine that you think the world of the guy and why wouldn't you? You want your team to succeed so you keep telling yourself Geno Smith is the QB that will take the Jets all the way. It's a fan's natural way of thinking.
    Doesn't mean that Yahoo's sources are of the utmost quality. This so called league executive could be a minor scout or something, bottom line is you just don't know. A 21 year old kid is a 21 year old kid. You're right, I'm sure he is well more advanced at that age and it shows. He was successful in college, unfortunately the team he was on had a terrible defense and an bad offensive line.

Of course I'm going to support the move. Unlike Junc, I feel that Sanchez cannot be successful here and we need a franchise QB. Why not take a chance on a first round talent who fell to the 2nd round. We can always take a cant-miss QB prospect next year if the chance presents itself. It's a calculated risk. Most people mature in their mid-20's. Until I'm proven wrong, I have faith in Geno. Why not give it a shot?
    Quote Quote  

9. -79
    Average Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Being retired military...I hate the term "21 year old kid"!
    Quote Quote  

10. -80
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Had View Post
    Being retired military...I hate the term "21 year old kid"!
    Uh, why? Fact is, in the grand scheme of life being 21 is practically a kid. Some people call 21 year olds babies still. They just gained the ability to drink legally. Yeah, that is young.
    Quote Quote