Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 117

Thread: Good to see the Jets screw up, again!!

  1. -81
    DuderinoN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    28,147
    vCash:
    30888
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ_Jax28 View Post
    Doesn't mean that Yahoo's sources are of the utmost quality. This so called league executive could be a minor scout or something, bottom line is you just don't know. A 21 year old kid is a 21 year old kid. You're right, I'm sure he is well more advanced at that age and it shows. He was successful in college, unfortunately the team he was on had a terrible defense and an bad offensive line.

    Of course I'm going to support the move. Unlike Junc, I feel that Sanchez cannot be successful here and we need a franchise QB. Why not take a chance on a first round talent who fell to the 2nd round. We can always take a cant-miss QB prospect next year if the chance presents itself. It's a calculated risk. Most people mature in their mid-20's. Until I'm proven wrong, I have faith in Geno. Why not give it a shot?
    Yeah we don't know. What I don't get is why you're acting so dismissive about the executive b/c the article is within Yahoo. I could give a **** really. I don't know how Geno Smith is going to play. None of us do until he gets out there.

    Give the guy a shot all you want. If he gets a shot, what does that say about man of the year Mark Sanchez? Junc will defend that guy until the world explodes.



    Quote Quote  

  2. -82
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    35,154
    vCash:
    52234
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    Yeah we don't know. What I don't get is why you're acting so dismissive about the executive b/c the article is within Yahoo. I could give a **** really. I don't know how Geno Smith is going to play. None of us do until he gets out there.

    Give the guy a shot all you want. If he gets a shot, what does that say about man of the year Mark Sanchez? Junc will defend that guy until the world explodes.
    Much like Becks's handwriting was on wall when we selected Henne, the handwriting is on the wall for Sanchez. personally i would rather face sanchez in long run. smith seems to be much more accurate
    Faux News making people dumber and less informed by the minute.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -83
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    35,154
    vCash:
    52234
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ_Jax28 View Post
    Doesn't mean that Yahoo's sources are of the utmost quality. This so called league executive could be a minor scout or something, bottom line is you just don't know. A 21 year old kid is a 21 year old kid. You're right, I'm sure he is well more advanced at that age and it shows. He was successful in college, unfortunately the team he was on had a terrible defense and an bad offensive line.

    Of course I'm going to support the move. Unlike Junc, I feel that Sanchez cannot be successful here and we need a franchise QB. Why not take a chance on a first round talent who fell to the 2nd round. We can always take a cant-miss QB prospect next year if the chance presents itself. It's a calculated risk. Most people mature in their mid-20's. Until I'm proven wrong, I have faith in Geno. Why not give it a shot?
    well his former qb coach speaks glowingly of him as does Steadman bailey but its all opinion
    Quote Quote  

  4. -84
    shula_guy's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2006
    Posts:
    8,781
    vCash:
    1330
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Much like Becks's handwriting was on wall when we selected Henne, the handwriting is on the wall for Sanchez. personally i would rather face sanchez in long run. smith seems to be much more accurate
    Funny you should compare Geno taking over for Sanchez to Henne replacing Beck. Good comparisson choice.


    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."
    Frederic Bastiat
    Quote Quote  

  5. -85
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    35,154
    vCash:
    52234
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by shula_guy View Post
    Funny you should compare Geno taking over for Sanchez to Henne replacing Beck. Good comparisson choice.
    Just that u can tell when a team is ready to change qb.I think Smith is a much better prospect than henne although I liked henne as a prospect just liked Matt ryan much better
    Quote Quote  

  6. -86
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    29,989
    vCash:
    42885
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Much like Becks's handwriting was on wall when we selected Henne, the handwriting is on the wall for Sanchez. personally i would rather face sanchez in long run. smith seems to be much more accurate
    The difference is Beck never had any success in this league, mark has had success and nearly helped us get to 2 SBs so we know we can win big with him.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -87
    Bumpus's Avatar
    Are you gonna drink that?

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2003
    Posts:
    22,985
    vCash:
    44029
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    The difference is Beck never had any success in this league, mark has had success and nearly helped us get to 2 SBs so we know we can win big with him.
    2015 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1





    "The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln


    Quote Quote  

  8. -88
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    29,989
    vCash:
    42885
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    sorry if the truth bothers you
    Quote Quote  

  9. -89
    AquaInferno's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    2,447
    vCash:
    3328
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Re: Good to see the Jets screw up, again!!

    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    The difference is Beck never had any success in this league, mark has had success and nearly helped us get to 2 SBs so we know we can win big with him.
    Will you still be saying this when your boy Sanchez is on another team?
    Quote Quote  

  10. -90
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2012
    Posts:
    209
    vCash:
    1434
    Loc:
    Kingston Ont.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    The difference is Beck never had any success in this league, mark has had success and nearly helped us get to 2 SBs so we know we can win big with him.
    Mark showed how good he truly is last season,you say he had no weapons. Tannehill had no weapons either and he looked a whole lot better than Sanchez,plus our O line was less than average last year.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Screw a good draft spot
    By bobw999 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-05-2009, 10:20 PM
  2. Why does everyone think the jets are so good?
    By Dolphanboy101 in forum Beasts of the AFC East
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 07-23-2007, 02:27 PM
  3. Screw the Jets, the Bills, and the Pats.
    By bjchit in forum Introduce Yourself!
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-15-2006, 09:51 AM
  4. Are the Jets really good or is that just one bad game?
    By DolphinFan90 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-16-2005, 12:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •