Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Good to see the Jets screw up, again!!

1. -81
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ_Jax28 View Post
    Doesn't mean that Yahoo's sources are of the utmost quality. This so called league executive could be a minor scout or something, bottom line is you just don't know. A 21 year old kid is a 21 year old kid. You're right, I'm sure he is well more advanced at that age and it shows. He was successful in college, unfortunately the team he was on had a terrible defense and an bad offensive line.

Of course I'm going to support the move. Unlike Junc, I feel that Sanchez cannot be successful here and we need a franchise QB. Why not take a chance on a first round talent who fell to the 2nd round. We can always take a cant-miss QB prospect next year if the chance presents itself. It's a calculated risk. Most people mature in their mid-20's. Until I'm proven wrong, I have faith in Geno. Why not give it a shot?
    Yeah we don't know. What I don't get is why you're acting so dismissive about the executive b/c the article is within Yahoo. I could give a **** really. I don't know how Geno Smith is going to play. None of us do until he gets out there.

Give the guy a shot all you want. If he gets a shot, what does that say about man of the year Mark Sanchez? Junc will defend that guy until the world explodes.

Quote Quote  

2. -82
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    Yeah we don't know. What I don't get is why you're acting so dismissive about the executive b/c the article is within Yahoo. I could give a **** really. I don't know how Geno Smith is going to play. None of us do until he gets out there.

Give the guy a shot all you want. If he gets a shot, what does that say about man of the year Mark Sanchez? Junc will defend that guy until the world explodes.
    Much like Becks's handwriting was on wall when we selected Henne, the handwriting is on the wall for Sanchez. personally i would rather face sanchez in long run. smith seems to be much more accurate
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

3. -83
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ_Jax28 View Post
    Doesn't mean that Yahoo's sources are of the utmost quality. This so called league executive could be a minor scout or something, bottom line is you just don't know. A 21 year old kid is a 21 year old kid. You're right, I'm sure he is well more advanced at that age and it shows. He was successful in college, unfortunately the team he was on had a terrible defense and an bad offensive line.

Of course I'm going to support the move. Unlike Junc, I feel that Sanchez cannot be successful here and we need a franchise QB. Why not take a chance on a first round talent who fell to the 2nd round. We can always take a cant-miss QB prospect next year if the chance presents itself. It's a calculated risk. Most people mature in their mid-20's. Until I'm proven wrong, I have faith in Geno. Why not give it a shot?
    well his former qb coach speaks glowingly of him as does Steadman bailey but its all opinion
    Quote Quote  

4. -84
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Much like Becks's handwriting was on wall when we selected Henne, the handwriting is on the wall for Sanchez. personally i would rather face sanchez in long run. smith seems to be much more accurate
    Funny you should compare Geno taking over for Sanchez to Henne replacing Beck. Good comparisson choice.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."
    Frederic Bastiat
    Quote Quote  

5. -85
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shula_guy View Post
    Funny you should compare Geno taking over for Sanchez to Henne replacing Beck. Good comparisson choice.
    Just that u can tell when a team is ready to change qb.I think Smith is a much better prospect than henne although I liked henne as a prospect just liked john beck much better
    Quote Quote  

6. -86
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    The difference is Beck never had any success in this league, mark has had success and nearly helped us get to 2 SBs so we know we can win big with him.
    Quote Quote  

7. -87
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    The difference is Beck never had any success in this league, mark has had success and nearly helped us get to 2 SBs so we know we can win big with him.
    2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1

"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln
    Quote Quote  

8. -88
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    sorry if the truth bothers you
    Quote Quote  

9. -89
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Good to see the Jets screw up, again!!

Will you still be saying this when your boy Sanchez is on another team?
    Quote Quote  

10. -90
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kingston Ont.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mark showed how good he truly is last season,you say he had no weapons. Tannehill had no weapons either and he looked a whole lot better than Sanchez,plus our O line was less than average last year.
    Quote Quote