Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eugene to Miami in the 2014 Draft

1. -11
    What Sherman aspires to be

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudder1310 View Post
    Lyerla will be a receiving machine, but he's a bit of a prima donna. Huff will be a great get for someone, very sneaky with wheels. But the Duck I'd want is D'Anthony Thomas. That's your slot guy.
    If you want Thomas you're gonna have to grab him early. 2014 is looking like a horrendous draft for offensive playmakers. The wide receiver class after underclassmen Marqise Lee, Sammy Watkins, & maybe Brandon Coleman is reminiscent of 2008 when Donnie Avery was the first receiver taken & only DeSean Jackson, Jordy Nelson, & Mario Manningham are capable starters.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Portland
    Thanks / No Thanks

Eugene to Miami in the 2014 Draft

Quote Originally Posted by SMadison29 View Post
    If you want Thomas you're gonna have to grab him early. 2014 is looking like a horrendous draft for offensive playmakers. The wide receiver class after underclassmen Marqise Lee, Sammy Watkins, & maybe Brandon Coleman is reminiscent of 2008 when Donnie Avery was the first receiver taken & only DeSean Jackson, Jordy Nelson, & Mario Manningham are capable starters.
    You can't say "besides Maqise Lee and Sammie Warkins". Those two guys are top 10 talents if not top 5. The year Avery went first the WR landscape was barren.
    Last edited by justdev7; 05-08-2013 at 03:15 PM.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't know if I agree with that. Cody Hoffman looks pretty good to me. There are some interesting prospects.

And if we're talking just "play makers" then TE Eric Ebron is a guy I've had my eye on for a little bit.

Here's something I wrote about him a week ago, elsewhere:

Tight End (Pass Catcher) - Eric Ebron, North Carolina

A year from now if the Dolphins flush Michael Egnew down the drain and allow Dustin Keller to walk as a free agent (which would not surprise me) the team could find itself in need of a primary pass catching tight end. A guy that I really, really like for that job potentially would be Eric Ebron of North Carolina. Had a really good year this year with 40 catches for 625 yards and 4 TDs. Not a big guy, only 6'4" and right now listed at 245 lbs but he looked lighter than that in 2012. Watch him on tape and immediately you can tell he's got explosive movement skills for such a big man. He really moves like a wide receiver and not just a mediocre wide receiver. He moves like a GOOD wide receiver. But what makes him a tight end instead of a wide receiver is that despite his being relatively small to where he can't overwhelm you with mass or frame, is the fact that he can hit you with explosiveness on initial contact, and his feet are so good he is able to reset his feet and sustain blocks which avails him blocking out in space. That ability also can help him block effectively on the line as he's able to keep moving his feet to counter against players that are a little bigger than he is. He gets on the line and blocks there regularly at UNC. He shows awareness as a blocker as well. He definitely can end up dropping some easy passes, but he also shows the ability to make some pretty incredible catches. He's only a sophomore so he'd have to come out early, but I could imagine him doing so after already having amassed 832 yards and 5 TDs in his first two years at UNC. He was recruited as the #8 tight end prospect in the nation and the #13 all-around athlete in the nation according to SuperPrep.

Oh, and you want a bonus? He also plays both ways at times, and doesn't look half bad in the process! I mean, are you serious?!? I mean really, not bad at all, lol. Some pretty good flexibility and strength.

I was hoping to check in on his spring game footage to see if it looked like he'd gained any mass in the off season but he did not play in the spring game, I believe due to an injury.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SMadison29 View Post

Obviously you haven't seen much of Donte Moncrief. I'll take him over Marqise Lee right now, and that's not a knock on Marqise Lee.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Between Marquise Lee, Sammy Watkins, Cody Hoffman and Donte Moncrief, and I'm going to toss Mike Evans into this discussion as well even though he's only a redshirt sophomore and will probably choose to stay in school, just because I love his talent so much...that's a pretty good top end.

Mike Evans might be the best of all of those guys. No offense meant to any of them.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cody Hoffman is an outstanding receiver. He's the leader among the Senior WR class in TD receptions over the past 3 years with 28 TD's. Jordan Matthews and Cody Hoffman are in a class of their own among the Senior class of WR's on my board. The interesting thing here to me is that diminutive, but extremely explosive Jalen Saunders is 2nd to Hoffman in TD receptions over the past 3 years among the Seniors with 18 TD's. His sophomore season at Fresno St. was excellent before he transferred to Oklahoma. Excellent returner/slot receiver.

There's plenty of talented playmakers that resides within the underclassman group of receivers, and a lot of it among the redshirt sophomores that will be draft eligible in 2014. Mike Evans being one of 'em. Davante Adams is the other. Kid is fantastic.

Moving along to the Junior class, if you can't find a playmaker among DeVante Parker, Moncrief, Allen Robinson, Jarvis Landry, Austin Franklin, Bruce Ellington, Martavis Bryant, Rashad Greene, Austin Hill, and Malcolm Mitchell.... then you simply aren't looking.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    it is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Justice League Watchtower
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sefarain-Jenkins is coached by former Byu QB Steve Sarkisian... So I'll pass.

If we are talking Trojan WR's; it might be later this yr but definitely in 201 Nelson Agholor (from Tampa) will be a household name.
    Winning without ethics is not winning at all - Don Shula.

Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nelson Agholor will indeed be a really good prospect.
    Quote Quote