Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Geno Smith - set to IMPLODE!

1. -71
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    I disagree. I never liked Greene, when they were going through their SB run, I thought he was the weak link for their offense. They wanted to ground and pound with good wr's and a good tight end.
    he played very well during that run. Ultimately he proved to be a good complimentary back and not a feature back. he should thrive in Ten.
    Quote Quote  

2. -72
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    I disagree. I never liked Greene, when they were going through their SB run, I thought he was the weak link for their offense. They wanted to ground and pound with good wr's and a good tight end.
    Nver saw him as wink link on team.
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back
    Quote Quote  

3. -73
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    If they stay healthy it's a big upgrade, you haven't seen either play clearly.
    Clearly. Because I'm not enamored with either of those guys means I'm the idiot who doesn't watch the games.

Hill was a rookie, I think it is reasonable to expect him to get better.
    It's possible

kerley is good in the proper role, last year he was our #1, he's not a #1. He's a good slot guy.
    If he wasn't the slot guy last year how do you know he's a good slot guy?

I say the team will win 5-6 games and I am being a homer? do yo guys read what I post?
    You're not saying they will win 5-6 games. You do the infamous predicting as giving their lowest possible outcome to their highest. In this case, 5-6 wins or contending for a playoff spot. This way you can't be wrong either way.

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

yeah, a guy averaging 5 YPC for his career should never inspire confidence.
    Why did you say the Jets have no TE then?

buttfumble or whoever the QB is won't be as bad last year, the OL appears upgraded through FA/draft. the WRs are much better if healthy, the RBs are better, TE is a major question mark. Our O should be better(they better be), our D should be similar. Will our STs improve? that kind of gets lost b/c of how bad our O was but I have never seen a worse year from STs
    Why 5-6 wins then if most of the team is better?

Quote Quote  

4. -74
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    Clearly. Because I'm not enamored with either of those guys means I'm the idiot who doesn't watch the games.

It's possible

If he wasn't the slot guy last year how do you know he's a good slot guy?

You're not saying they will win 5-6 games. You do the infamous predicting as giving their lowest possible outcome to their highest. In this case, 5-6 wins or contending for a playoff spot. This way you can't be wrong either way.

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

Why did you say the Jets have no TE then?

Why 5-6 wins then if most of the team is better?
    You don't have to be enamored, I didn't say we signed Barry Sanders and Jim Brown but they are an upgrade if healthy. They combine to average 4.9 YPC for their careers, Greene averaged 4.2. Greens' career high in recs is 30, Goodson's is 40. w/ the new OC we will be throwing to backs more, him and McKnight should be good options for the QB.

he was very good as a rookie 2 years ago.

this was my quote, read it slower:

Ceiling could be in the playoff hunt, floor could be 2-3 wins. Most likely we'll win 5-6 and hopefully have some building blocks for the future getting experience.
    I am expecting 5-6 wins.

here's that reading thing again, the 5YPC was about ivory.

we will have to adjust w/o revis, we have young guys on the DL, we may have a rookie corner starting, still have issues at LB, OL will have to come together w/ 2 new starters, QB will have to regain confidence, WRs will have to stay healthy. I think we could be better, things change quickly in this league but I am nio going into the season expecting to win 10. If we do great but that is not my expectation.
    Quote Quote  

5. -75
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    We have upgraded at RB w/ Goodson & Ivory, we still don't have a TE but our healthy weapons will be MUCH better than last year w/ Holmes coming back, Hill developing, a good slot guy in Kerley(just not a #1 like he was last year) and hopefully the return of Braylon.

Defensively we should be strong up front and we have a pretty good guy running the D.

Ceiling could be in the playoff hunt, floor could be 2-3 wins. Most likely we'll win 5-6 and hopefully have some building blocks for the future getting experience.
    Cant argue about the RBs being an upgrade but the issue is the OL. If Garrard is the starter he will be able to counter the weakness but buttfumble and Smith will clearly struggle.
    Quote Quote  

6. -76
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    Cant argue about the RBs being an upgrade but the issue is the OL. If Garrard is the starter he will be able to counter the weakness but buttfumble and Smith will clearly struggle.
    on paper the OL should be better but we will see. If the Ol is solid we can compete, at least play teams tough and not get humiliated like we did so often last year.
    Quote Quote  

7. -77
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You don't have to be enamored, I didn't say we signed Barry Sanders and Jim Brown but they are an upgrade if healthy. They combine to average 4.9 YPC for their careers, Greene averaged 4.2. Greens' career high in recs is 30, Goodson's is 40. w/ the new OC we will be throwing to backs more, him and McKnight should be good options for the QB.

he was very good as a rookie 2 years ago.

this was my quote, read it slower:
    Oooo so mean and direct by telling me to read it slower. My apologies Sensai.

So to you b/c guys who've never started in the league without the help of injuries have a fantastic 4.9 YPC that means it's going to translate over to what the Jets do. Natch.
    Quote Quote  

8. -78
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    Oooo so mean and direct by telling me to read it slower. My apologies Sensai.

So to you b/c guys who've never started in the league without the help of injuries have a fantastic 4.9 YPC that means it's going to translate over to what the Jets do. Natch.
    would you prefer I say we'll be lucky to win 1 game? would that make you feel better?
    Quote Quote  

9. -79
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    would you prefer I say we'll be lucky to win 1 game? would that make you feel better?
    Do any and everything your heart desires
    Quote Quote  

10. -80
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote