Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Jordan and JT Discussion

1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17

Jordan and JT Discussion

Jordan is listed at 6'6" and 248. JT was listed at 6'6" and 250. IMO, if either one bulked up to 270, they would not be the players they could be or were.

JT came in with DE pass rush moves, after playing the position in College, although a small school. Jordan comes in with only an outside speed rush but, cover skills. They are somewhat alike but different.

I think Jordan is more what JT became with Saban, and not what he was when he was drafted.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    TriniDolFan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think you're exactly right, certainly about JT becoming a more effective, more disruptive and more of a multiple threat once Saban arrived. Granted Taylor was a very good DE prior to Saban getting his hands on him, that is the vision I would have for Jordan.

A couple of things, Taylor was quite good against the run and deceptively strong, capable of setting the edge. Jordan will have to prove he is capable of these things and we should not expect that he is good at everything from the get go. But, as and athlete, with his size and motor, hopefully with his work ethic, he will become an even better version of Taylor.

Frankly, I don't like the idea of Jordan as strictly a DE as that limits his potential.
    2014 - Step Up or Go Home!!
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Another Wasted Year

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins Homer1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17
    I just hope we don't put too much pressure on this kid.
    I think he's going to be special, but I don't look for him to be a total package his first year. He has a lot to learn, strength to build and technique to prefect, so while I'm excited about him, I'm willing to be patient and will try to keep myself in check on my inevitable comparisons to JT.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins Homer1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by NCFINFAN13 View Post
    I just hope we don't put too much pressure on this kid.
    I think he's going to be special, but I don't look for him to be a total package his first year. He has a lot to learn, strength to build and technique to prefect, so while I'm excited about him, I'm willing to be patient and will try to keep myself in check on my inevitable comparisons to JT.
    That's why it's going to be so beneficial to him playing across from wake. During tc and practice he gets to learn from one of the best, and on game day cam will be getting the double teams, leaving Jordan isolated on a bigger slower tackle where he can really use his athleticism
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Playstation Logo
Gift received at 03-18-2014, 10:36 PM from DisturbedShifty
Message: I saw the PS controller so I figured you'd like the PS logo as well.1972 Dolphins LogoPS4 ControllerMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91
    please stop with the JT comparisons, let the kid be Dion Jordan - being the thrid voerall pick is enough pressure
    Quote Quote