Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could Dion Jordan be like Von Miller?

1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Could Dion Jordan be like Von Miller?

In hearing Ireland say he wouldn't rule out Jordan playing OLB, it made me wonder if Jordan couldn't do some of the same things Miller does.

In Denver's 4-3 base defense, Miller has the ability to drop back and play in space but on obvious passing downs, he slides up to the line to give the look of a 3-4.

Jordan possesses some of the same abilities as Miller (not as polished of course, but you see similarities) and I just wonder if he couldn't play in that same role.

A 4-3 base of Odrick, Soliai, Starks and Wake up front with Jordan, Wheeler and Ellerbe looks pretty potent. Then bring in Vernon on 3rd down and slide Odrick inside.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    HOF Pass Master

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Narnia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd rather Dion Jordan be compared to nobody except himself. Jason Taylor was unique. Jordan matches up to Taylor regarding measurables. If Jordan can become the player we hope then i hope down the road fans will be asking if their DE/OLB can be the next Dion Jordan. Thats what i want to see.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't really see any similarities between Miller and Jordan that suggest to me that Jordan can be that kind of player. Miller has much more functional strength and leverage and probably a quicker burst as well. Jordan has more of a long lean build with weak lower body strength, weak upper body strength, and less quickness but maybe more speed. For Jordan to be successful, he needs to get a lot better at leverage and add muscle mass everywhere and then dominate using his long levers to disengage and get by blockers and then use his closing speed to finish off QB's and ball carriers.
    "I want guys who want to make an impact on and off the field. Good human beings. Guys who want to get better. Guys who want to improve. They want to be great, want to win. Those types of guys we can work with every day." --Joe Philbin
    - Defending the Read Option - What do you think?
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The similarities between Miller and Jordan are......... they both played the same spot in college. They both can/have played OLB in a 4-3 and OLB in a 3-4. Also both have played as a DE in dime/nickel.

So the only real difference between them is Jordan being over 6'6 he could also play as a DE in a 3-4 someday if he put on 20-40 pounds. It would be a HUGE waste to play him there, but he could and Miller couldn't. So in short Jordan is more versatile but unlike Miller i have a hard time thinking Jordan will have 30 sacks in his 1st two years in the nfl.
    Still banging and laughing
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Its possible but not probable. i prefer to see what he can do in a game before I compare him to one of the top pass rushers in the NFL.
    even college wise its silly to compare the two since Miller was a two time first team all american and lead the NCAA in sacks. They had different defenses
    but its not fair to compare Jordan to any of these guys at this point. Lets see what he can do with actual NFL players in actual games before we compare him to one of best pass rushers in nfl
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Maybe I phrased the title wrong. Not really trying to compare him to Miller, just wondering if we could use him in the same role as a 4-3 OLB.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finforlife View Post
    Maybe I phrased the title wrong. Not really trying to compare him to Miller, just wondering if we could use him in the same role as a 4-3 OLB.
    Yes , he could and like i already said he's more versatile than Miller.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finforlife View Post
    Thats a tough decision. I dont think he is near as talented as a pass rusher but he does bring some very nice skills
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Phin fan since 1970!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think on running downs play him OLB and passing downs DE for a 4-3. In a 3-4 Odrick is DE and he is OLB.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    TRUE AMERICAN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    USA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thats a tough decision. I dont think he is near as talented as a pass rusher
    and THIS is why jordan should have NEVER been selected #3 over all.

to be worth that kind of selection you need either lots of sacks, or the ability to score points or the ability to take the ball away.

jordan has none of that. yes, he has some "skills", but so far, his career says jack of all trades, master of none [outside the ability to hang with college te's.] we needed cb's and someone to pair FULL TIME with cam wake. and teams can ALWAYS use players who can put points on the board. we grabbed a couple cb's [great!] but, millner or hayden or trufant would have been the better choices at #3 over all. and there were several other players who could have played on the line, full time with cam who had PROVEN sack numbers. tayvon austin was the absolute best player in this draft who could have been LEGIT at several positions and scored any time, from any of them. thats not a luxery, thats a MUST!!

just another head scratching move from ireland.

YES, jordan [or any other] draft pick can turn out a pro bowler. but, considering all of jordans if's and production issues and health concerns and where he will be played make the odds go against him doing. the games will tell, but the odds are VERY lopsided that he wont be a pro bowler.
    For Those Who Ride The Other Side

HOWARD: rip my brother.

Quote Quote