Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Precision in Nature = Evidence of God

1. -21
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    California USA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by defiant View Post
    God made nature so precise. That must be why millions of new born babies die of debilitating diseases and illnesses.
    ALTER2EGO -to- DEFIANT:
    You are referring to human imperfection due to sin. The first two humans (Adam and Eve) were created with perfect physical bodies and had the opportunity for immortality. But, they chose to reject Jehovah's instructions. So he withdrew from them the opportunity for everlasting life and they immediately began to die. They then passed death on to their offspring: the rest of the human race.

"That is why, just as THROUGH ONE MAN [Adam] SIN ENTERED INTO THE WORLD and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men because they had all sinned." (Romans 5:12)

Clearly, what is happening to humans in no way affects precision elsewhere (the millions of planets in the heavens and their relationship to each other, the example in my OP of the elements on the Periodic Table, our fine-tuned universe, etc.)

~***~
    "That people may know that you, whose name is JEHOVAH, you alone are the Most High over all the earth." (Psalms 83:18)
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alter2Ego View Post
    ALTER2EGO -to- DEFIANT:
    You are referring to human imperfection due to sin. The first two humans (Adam and Eve) were created with perfect physical bodies and had the opportunity for immortality. But, they chose to reject Jehovah's instructions. So he withdrew from them the opportunity for everlasting life and they immediately began to die. They then passed death on to their offspring: the rest of the human race.

"That is why, just as THROUGH ONE MAN [Adam] SIN ENTERED INTO THE WORLD and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men because they had all sinned." (Romans 5:12)

Clearly, what is happening to humans in no way affects precision elsewhere (the millions of planets in the heavens and their relationship to each other, the example in my OP of the elements on the Periodic Table, our fine-tuned universe, etc.)

~***~
    So if the sins of Adam and Eve doomed the rest of mankind to death, wouldn't that make them worse than Hitler and Mao and Stalin... by like a lot?

I've also got to admire the "precision" involved in the Andromeda Galaxy heading on a collision course with the Milky Way, which is sure to be a bummer for whatever plankton based lifeform is running the planet in 4 billion years. But look on the bright side, the sun will have turned into a Red Giant by then, flooding the Earth with life scorching radiation like a stellar Dr. Kevorkian... that's assuming we're not pulled apart by the tidal forces involved in that process before all life is essentially microwaved out of existence. Things will definitely cool down a lot after that, though. The Sun will eventually lose a lot of it's mass and become a white dwarf, which will almost certainly push the orbit of the Earth out of the "habitable zone" necessary for life as we know it, leaving this balmy little planet of ours with the surface temperature of Dick Cheney's balls.

But other than that.... I'm with you. Great plan!
    Last edited by TheWalrus; 05-21-2013 at 11:40 AM.
    No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ALTER2EGO -to- DEFIANT:

~***~
    Oh, so now the tune has changed. You agree that nature actually isn't precise after examining all the evidence instead of that which confirms what you started out believing, and now you are justifying it by saying it's humans fault.

Your original argument: Nature is so precise, god MUST exist!

Your comments now: OK I see how nature isn't so precise, but it's humans fault!

Which is it?

Also how in the world is it OK to you to justify the early deaths of millions of babies because Eve ate a magical apple off of a tree, not knowing later that it would be responsible for the deaths of millions of babies? And god did nothing to prevent it? And continues punishing said babies to this day? Over an apple? That Eve didn't know would effect the world as it did?

Pretty awesome god you have there.
    "Coach Sparano assured us at the beginning of the week, they win the turnover battle, they win the game," guard Richie Incognito said. "And we went out there, turned the ball over."
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Still a better story than twilight.

Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    On top of Mt. Salsa, Mosey the pirate captain received the Ten "I'd Really Rather You Didn'ts" from the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Unfortunately, Mosey dropped two of the tablets on the way down the mountain, and Pastafarians now have only Eight "I'd Really Rather You Didn'ts." This partially accounts for the flimsy moral standards of Pastafarians.

1) I'd Really Rather You Didn't Act Like a Sanctimonious Holier-Than-Thou --- When Describing My Noodly Goodness. If Some People Don't Believe In Me, That's Okay. Really, I'm Not That Vain. Besides, This Isn't About Them So Don't Change The Subject.

2) I'd Really Rather You Didn't Use My Existence As A Means To Oppress, Subjugate, Punish, Eviscerate, And/Or, You Know, Be Mean To Others. I Don't Require Sacrifices And Purity Is For Drinking Water, Not People.

3) I'd Really Rather You Didn't Judge People For The Way They Look, Or How They Dress, Or The Way They Talk, Or, Well, Just Play Nice, Okay? Oh, And Get This In Your Thick Heads: Woman = Person. Man = Person. Samey - Samey. One Is Not Better Than The Other, Unless We're Talking About Fashion And I'm Sorry, But I Gave That To Women And Some Guys Who Know The Difference Between Teal and Fuchsia.

4) I'd Really Rather You Didn't Indulge In Conduct That Offends Yourself, Or Your Willing, Consenting Partner Of Legal Age AND Mental Maturity. As For Anyone Who Might Object, I Think The Expression Is Go ---- Yourself, Unless They Find That Offensive In Which Case They Can Turn Off the TV For Once And Go For A Walk For A Change.

5) I'd Really Rather You Didn't Challenge The Bigoted, Misogynist, Hateful Ideas Of Others On An Empty Stomach. Eat, Then Go After The --------

6) I'd Really Rather You Didn't Build Multimillion-Dollar Churches/Temples/Mosques/Shrines To My Noodly Goodness When The Money Could Be Better Spent (Take Your Pick):
    - Ending Poverty
    - Curing Diseases
    - Living In Peace, Loving With Passion, And Lowering The Cost Of Cable
    I Might be a Complex-Carbohydrate Omniscient Being, But I Enjoy The Simple Things In Life. I Ought To Know. I AM the Creator.

7) I'd Really Rather You Didn't Go Around Telling People I Talk To You. You're Not That Interesting. Get Over Yourself. And I Told You To Love Your Fellow Man, Can't You Take A Hint?

8) I'd Really Rather You Didn't Do Unto Others As You Would Have Them Do Unto You If You Are Into, Um, Stuff That Uses A Lot of Leather/Lubricant/Las Vegas. If the Other Person Is Into It, However (Pursuant To #4), Then Have At It, Take Pictures, And For The Love Of Mike, Wear a CONDOM! Honestly, It's A Piece of Rubber. If I Didn't Want It To Feel Good When You Did It I Would Have Added Spikes, Or Something.
    Peace and Humptiness Forever

Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    California USA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Oh, so now the tune has changed. You agree that nature actually isn't precise after examining all the evidence instead of that which confirms what you started out believing, and now you are justifying it by saying it's humans fault.

Which is it?

Also how in the world is it OK to you to justify the early deaths of millions of babies because Eve ate a magical apple off of a tree, not knowing later that it would be responsible for the deaths of millions of babies? And god did nothing to prevent it? And continues punishing said babies to this day? Over an apple? That Eve didn't know would effect the world as it did?

ALTER2EGO -to- DEFIANT:
    Even a human who eventually dies is so complex that the best scientists cannot duplicate something as simple as a human limb. Ask any amputee who has been provided with artificial limbs, and see what they will tell you.

In any event, I am waiting for you to explain how the first 60-discovered elements on the Periodic Table are precise. So much so, that it was possible for scientists to accurately predict the characteristics of the missing elements. I gave the definition of "accident" and "spontaneous" in my OP. So how do you account for the precision among the elements on the Periodic Table? Is that an example of accident/spontaneous event or intelligent design?
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Precision in Nature = Evidence of God

ALTER2EGO -to- DEFIANT:
    Even a human who eventually dies is so complex that the best scientists cannot duplicate something as simple as a human limb. Ask any amputee who has been provided with artificial limbs, and see what they will tell you.

In any event, I am waiting for you to explain how the first 60-discovered elements on the Periodic Table are precise. So much so, that it was possible for scientists to accurately predict the characteristics of the missing elements. I gave the definition of "accident" and "spontaneous" in my OP. So how do you account for the precision among the elements on the Periodic Table? Is that an example of accident/spontaneous event or intelligent design?
    So I'm confused, the laws of physics, which by definition are precise, prove the existence of some kind of deity?

So far as what scientists can "duplicate", scientists can create machines that can do calculations faster than the human mind and can send probes to Saturn, when at the beginning of my grandfather's lifetime there was no such thing as a television.

I suppose though when a scientist can create a limb that functions to your liking, it will be proof that there is a deity also . . . and around and around the circle goes.

One question though . . . Is there any way, even in theory, that the existence of this deity can be disproven? If you can't come up with anything plausible, you're speaking on faith alone. That's fine of course, just accept it for what it is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ALTER2EGO -to- DEFIANT:

Apparently god has trouble too. Why doesn't god heal amputees? Since science and medicine are commonly used as patch jobs for god's ****-ups, nature doesn't seem so precise.

You probably think we would all freeze to death if we were 10 feet further from the sun too.
    but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

Quote Originally Posted by King Stannis Baratheon
    Lord Seaworth is a man of humble birth, but he reminded me of my duty, when all I could think of was my rights. I had the cart before the horse, Davos said. I was trying to win the throne to save the kingdom, when I should have been trying to save the kingdom to win the throne.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The periodic table is not in any way, shape, or form evidence of a god. You are going to convince exactly 0 non-believers over the span of your entire lifetime using that argument.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo

Which is it?

2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1

"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Quote