Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 111213141516

Thread: Mike Dee: "The future looks bleak."

1. -151
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FinsFan74 View Post
    Several years ago in Atlanta there was an enormous contingency of Dolphins fans in town when playing the Falcons. There were several THOUSAND in just one tailgate outside of the Holiday Inn hotel near the stadium. The receptionist made mention of how she's seen many fans from other teams tailgate but not like that. The Fins fans represented and it's a gross assumption that Miami has a weak ass fan base whether it's fans in or out of state
    Key word being in ATLANTA. My whole point was the Miami fanbase is weak. There's thousands and thousands of die hard fans in and out of Miami, probably millions but the fact is when you go to a Miami Dolphins game IN Miami you wont witess a more lackluster, weak crowd. Its beyond pathetic that a "fan" cant be bother to stand up and make some noise. I don't want to hear its hot outside, its hot where I live too and Ive been to 1 pm games in Miami. Its not too damn hot to stand up and make noise. If a player can throw pads on and sprint around all game, unless you're an elderly person you can stand up and show a little support.
    Quote Quote  

2. -152
    9-7

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Asheville, North Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigNastyDB13 View Post
    Key word being in ATLANTA. My whole point was the Miami fanbase is weak. There's thousands and thousands of die hard fans in and out of Miami, probably millions but the fact is when you go to a Miami Dolphins game IN Miami you wont witess a more lackluster, weak crowd. Its beyond pathetic that a "fan" cant be bother to stand up and make some noise. I don't want to hear its hot outside, its hot where I live too and Ive been to 1 pm games in Miami. Its not too damn hot to stand up and make noise. If a player can throw pads on and sprint around all game, unless you're an elderly person you can stand up and show a little support.
    A lot of Dolphin fans at the San Diego game a few years ago when it had to be rescheduled. I do know of the fans you are talking about but you're blowing it out of proportion just a bit. It's kind of like the dumb bitch that used to sit next to me who would cheer on 3rd down (we had the ball). It's not like there has been much to cheer about anyway, not to mention it's just been flat out boring football to watch for more than a decade.
    Quote Quote  

3. -153
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Haines City, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    I got a bad feeling with everything going on off the field, the 2013 Dolphins are really going to struggle. It's bad enough, we have a tough schedule. I believe we are going to go 4-12, next year. It's going to get ugly. It will be like a funeral, the team moving and stuff.
    I don't think the stadium bullcrap will mean one bit to the players on the field. I do think our schedule could set us up for a bad year, but that has nothing to do with this bullcrap stadium stuff.
    Quote Quote  

4. -154
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirspud View Post
    I don't think the stadium bullcrap will mean one bit to the players on the field. I do think our schedule could set us up for a bad year, but that has nothing to do with this bullcrap stadium stuff.
    Im sure if we do bad the fans or stadium will get the blame or there is always Bill PArcells
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

5. -155
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Omar Kelly wrote a really good article on the situation...I can't believe I just wrote that...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...,3983727.story
    Quote Quote  

6. -156
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Casas9425 View Post
    Omar Kelly wrote a really good article on the situation...I can't believe I just wrote that...

Well said. I dont like what he wrote "its going to happen, how much will Florida have to get beat up by the league before it does", but its pretty undeniable.

Florida, and South Florida specifically, should work on getting the best deal possible if its going to happen. That means a new stadium. The NFL would love that, even if Ross doesnt. Should be interesting. Did chuckle at this quote:

His CEO, Mike Dee, is hinting that Ross could, might, or will eventually sell the franchise. And who knows, a bidder might come from Los Angeles, a megacity starving for an NFL team.

Stop me if you've heard this shakedown routine before, or possibly emptied your wallet because of it.

If only Florida House Speaker Will Weatherford had played nice with the billionaire trying to buy the democratic process.
    "Ignorance is not an excuse" were the words Goodell used when describing why those involved in the Saints bounty scandal would not avoid punishment.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ons-unanswered
    Quote Quote  

7. -157
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Casas9425 View Post

Bets article he ever wrote lol
    Quote Quote