Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Dee: "The future looks bleak."

1. -11
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    Actually I think it's more along the lines of pissing and moaning unless the team is going to try for public funding a second time again here.
    If they are going to make another try for public funds then pissing and moaning, especially about Weatherford, is the last thing they should be doing. They need to be talking to legislators from North and Central Florida to find out how they can present the proposal in such a way to make it palatable for them. If they chose to make an enemy of Weatherford then they will have derailed this thing for at least two more years until he is no longer the Speaker.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by z926538 View Post
    If they are going to make another try for public funds then pissing and moaning, especially about Weatherford, is the last thing they should be doing. They need to be talking to legislators from North and Central Florida to find out how they can present the proposal in such a way to make it palatable for them. If they chose to make an enemy of Weatherford then they will have derailed this thing for at least two more years until he is no longer the Speaker.
    Dee said they will not take it back next year. It's over.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Casas9425 View Post
    Dee said they will not take it back next year. It's over.
    If that's true than he is just pissing and moaning and deflecting blame
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by z926538 View Post
    To be fair, I really don't fault Ross for being livid about this and going out there guns blazing. I think that if I were him, I'd be sorely tempted to do the same, especially if it's true (and I don't doubt that it is) that Weatherford lied about the measure getting to a floor vote and then Ross being out millions reimbursing the county now for the cost of the election.

But yeah, I don't think this is a scare tactic at all. I think this is a powerful individual (and his right hand man) lashing out at someone who just screwed them over bigtime.
    Oh no, we suck again!
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sweet so sounds like we'll have a new owner soon. WOOT!!!
    Still banging and laughing
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of Miami View Post
    Sweet so sounds like we'll have a new owner soon. WOOT!!!
    .....and possibly a new city. No woot on that.

Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    To be fair, I really don't fault Ross for being livid about this and going out there guns blazing. I think that if I were him, I'd be sorely tempted to do the same, especially if it's true (and I don't doubt that it is) that Weatherford lied about the measure getting to a floor vote and then Ross being out millions reimbursing the county now for the cost of the election.

But yeah, I don't think this is a scare tactic at all. I think this is a powerful individual (and his right hand man) lashing out at someone who just screwed them over bigtime.
    You may be right. But if you are then the little temper tantrum that Ross and Dee are throwing will make them enemies that they really don't want to have. I can certainly envision a special surtax on non-basketball sports franchises in Dade county and I haven't even spent more than 30 seconds thinking about how Weatherford could screw over Ross if he really wanted to -- this is how the game is played in the big leagues.

It might be best if Ross just started working on selling the team now. It's obvious that his game has been about making a quick profit from the government's treasury and then walking away. Now that it is apparent that the scenario he wanted isn't going to happen he just throws a temper tantrum like a two year old. He's getting up in years and his heirs won't be able to afford to keep it after the Feds take their death taxes out of the inheritance. Let a younger billionaire who has the patience for working within the political system with more realistic expectations on how the system works make the effort to get the stadium renovation in place.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    In the video it sounds very personal to me. The speaker had given his word several times to the Fins that he would bring it to vote and they had the votes to past it.

There were also other very important idems that the bill was attached to like a social security bill. Those were not voted on either.

It sounds like a power play by the speaker that might come back to bite him in the butt. Don't lose faith brothers. It ain't over yet.

Worst case is it gets delayed one year. I think the NFL will come running with superbpwl offers after that happens.

You don't get to be a billionaire by giving up easly.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Dolfan for Life

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Coral Gables, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ross needs to sell the Dolphins to Micky Arison and GTFO.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfanmiami View Post
    In the video it sounds very personal to me. The speaker had given his word several times to the Fins that he would bring it to vote and they had the votes to past.

There were also other very important idems that the bill was attached to like a social security bill. Those were not voted on either.

It sounds like a power play by the speaker that might come back to bite him in the butt. Don't lose faith brothers. It ain't over yet.

Worst case is it gets delayed one year. I think the NFL will come running with superbpwl offers after that happens.

You don't get to be a billionaire by giving up easly.
    Dee already said they will not try again next year. It's over.
    Quote Quote