Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Dee: "The future looks bleak."

1. -21
    Formerly FireWrongstedt

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

Mike Dee: "The future looks bleak."

Quote Originally Posted by Yessir View Post
    Ross needs to sell the Dolphins to Micky Arison and GTFO.
    That would be tremendous, except I think the NFL has a policy that you can't own an NFL team and own a team in another league.
    Die hard Dolphins and Devils fan.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Yessir View Post
    Ross needs to sell the Dolphins to Micky Arison and GTFO.
    The uniform unveiling was rather Heat like i must say. Micky's the best but maybe Ireland is taking notes.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CattailsrEdible View Post
    San Antonio Dolphins! Miami doesn't deserve the dolphins

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
    As Cleveland established, it won't be the San Antonio "Dolphins.." Maybe the San Antonio Cow Pukes" but the Dolphins as we've known them will stay on a shelf awaiting another team ala Cleveland and The Browns.

geno and idzik have done the impossible: make jets fans wish the tanny/sanchez days were here again > Darksider, Jetnation

Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

I have a large contingent of family in San Antonio. I would make a couple of games no doubt. no hotel cost for me. Love San Antonio. That town would fill that stadium no doubt. Which is the real problem to me.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJetsBlow View Post
    That would be tremendous, except I think the NFL has a policy that you can't own an NFL team and own a team in another league.
    Nope, Paul Allen owns the Seahawks and the Trail Blazers.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Casas9425 View Post
    Dee already said they will not try again next year. It's over.
    We shall see. More than one way to skin a cat bro. Billionaires usually get what they want one way or another.
    Mean time we need to put a championship quality time on the field and build the fan base and national attention.
    Heck if the team kicks butt maybe Ross will just build a new stadium period.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Formerly FireWrongstedt

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

Mike Dee: "The future looks bleak."

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_Bateman View Post
    Nope, Paul Allen owns the Seahawks and the Trail Blazers.
    Ah, didn't realize that. The question I have is this: would Arison be interested? He would be my first choice for sure. The guy has done a fantastic job with the Heat, he runs a first class organization there. I'd love for him to own the Dolphins.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    I have a large contingent of family in San Antonio. I would make a couple of games no doubt. no hotel cost for me. Love San Antonio. That town would fill that stadium no doubt. Which is the real problem to me.
    And I'm sure the cowgirls and the Texans (worst name in the league) would have no problem with that.

Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Mike Dee: "The future looks bleak."

Hey, I live just outside San Antonio. If the worst comes to pass...this wouldn't work out too bad for me anyway. It still would make me sick.

Miami has never had the best of fans as a whole...very fair-weather and easily distracted. Also, not a huge indigenous population...most are transplants. Not a great recipe for a strong fan base.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    In the 45+ years I've followed the team since childhood, Mike Dee is easily the most despicable person who has occupied the front office. No redeeming qualities. I may have hated Nick Saban's personality, and his disdain for the media, but you had to acknowledge his accomplishments and abilities.

Dee brings nothing. This guy actually downplayed the Miami/Florida rivalry, rationalizing that the teams don't play each other annually, and that justified Gator Day. Meanwhile, on every college football message board it's well known that the three Florida schools despise each other, to a level perhaps unmatched in the country. It comes up in polls on those sites. Only Alabama/Auburn threatens it in the final tally. Last week the topic came up on Rivals and several moderators on that site posted in the thread and said the answer was the Florida schools, based on the animosity demonstrated on that board. There are threads on Canes sites all the time, including right now, hating on the Dolphins for Gator Day. It was a Mike Dee creation. Anyone with a fleck of common sense and local knowledge would have banished Nat Moore to the closet for a few hours, with a dunce cap. You can't afford to antagonize a percentage of your local audience. In this case it wasn't any type of local, ones who may or may not give you a second thought. Dee managed to target passionate football fans, just the type who might show up when things start to turn the corner.

Dee is like putty, anything he needs to be. If the bill were approved by the House, Dee would be attacking Norman Braman for the next 9 days. Instead, he's defaulted to overstating the dire consequences. He can tap dance if necessary. Or tout all the benefits of a water park.

Keep in mind that the Dolphins never wanted this to go in front of the voters. Ross and Dee intended to do nothing more than hold sham town halls, open houses, and public hearings on the matter, while otherwise allowing political cronies to take care of everything. I remember several related columns from Armando and others two years ago. That's why it's laughable to suddenly claim the Dolphins were unfairly treated when the referendum was halted. The Dolphins don't dare allow a vote before a full November audience. I'll give them credit for one thing. They realized a referendum setting would move the digits 20 points in their favor. Fortunately they didn't handicap Tallahassee properly, and not particularly surprising if Dee thinks Canes and Gators mostly don't care about each other.

Anyway, there's a new Herald column on the matter, by the main political writer Marc Caputo. As I emphasized on this site immediately following Ross' bitter retaliatory statement, it was incredibly dense and short sighted. The first rule is always to calm down before causing further harm, but with a pathetic hatched man second banana like Mike Dee there's nobody in Ross' ear who he respects enough to listen to.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/05/0...ins-owner.html

Here's a segment from the column:

"If Ross wants another shot, he needs to apologize to Weatherford and the House.

Already, though, he has shown little willingness to play by the rules of Tallahassee.

Heading into the session, Ross needed to do things the rich and powerful hate: Ask, beg, plead.

And he didnít, especially when it came to the Miami-Dade delegationís Republicans, a majority of whom opposed the measure. Thatís a recipe for failure.

Ross needed to spend time with two key players who did more to kill the deal than Weatherford: Miami Republican Rep. Carlos Trujillo and New Port Richey Republican Rep. Richard Corcoran, who is slated to become House speaker in about four years and a master of behind-the-scenes political assassination.

ďRoss wrote them off at his peril,Ē one veteran lobbyist, familiar with the details of the deal, said on condition of anonymity.

ďIf you donít have Richard Corcoran on your side, you at least need him to not work against you,Ē the lobbyist said. ďCarlos is Richardís guy. And Carlos was against this. Ross didnít reach out. He didnít do the care and feeding you need to do in a situation like this.Ē
    Quote Quote