Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you support a Miami-less Dolphins?

1. -41
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    if they moved to LA i would! I live there!
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    if the city runs them out of town , shame on them , let the city suffer. yes
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks

Would you support a Miami-less Dolphins?

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboynemo View Post
    There are folks around here too young to remember the ; Oakland move to LA...and LA's move to Oakland...Rams move to Arizona...Houston's move to Nashville, Cleveland's move to Balt....it's all based on economics. If you're owner can't make money, he can move it with league approval. So before you get on the high horse and claim this or that, remember history. You better support the owner, he holds the key to the car.
    And each of those cities eventually got a team back, with the exception of LA, which everyone is worried will steal the Dolphins now, lol.
    Bluebird in Hell

Just published my first game for iOS if anyone is interested...
    It's a free time waster.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Another Wasted Year

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins Homer1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17
    I grew up with them just down the street. I've seen them at the Orange Bowl and JRS many times.
    They are to me MY Miami Dolphins.

If they move, particularly out of state, they will be just some other team. I will end my support of the team, & the NFL and I will never again spend a single dime in the State of Florida or purchase any product or service owned by whoever the owner of the team who moved it may be at the time.

In the grand scheme of things, I'm just a nobody, but this nobody will not be involved.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    LA is a worse football town than Miami, no doubt.
    really???!!!!!!

"15 of the top 20 attendance figures in the NFL were in Los Angeles. The Rams also set the all-time attendance record with over 102,000 fans packing the Coliseum. While Los Angeles and Southern California loves baseball and basketball, the huge crowds that attend football games in LA are proof enough that the city of Angels is indeed a football town. The Rams drew well above the NFL average during their existence and the USC and UCLA football programs draw well above 60 and 70 thousand fans on a regular basis. On top of the overwhelming support for the local teams, the Los Angeles area produces many college football and NFL stars. As a matter of fact, the Pac-12 conference's success has a lot to do with the vast amount of football talent in the Los Angeles area."

on top of that , this town hated the raiders , evenstill

"The Raiders would often reach crowds of 80,000/90,000 mark when visiting teams like the 49ers, Chargers, and Rams and their fans came to the Coliseum. During those games, at least half of the fans were cheering for the "visiting" team."
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Torrance, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    LA is a worse football town than Miami, no doubt.
    Clueless. NFL is huge in LA. So many fans want a team here. Tons of jerseys and gear of many different teams everywhere you look during Sundays.
    The future of the Miami Dolphins offense!!!!

From left to right...Michael Egnew, Lamar Miller, and Ryan Tannehill.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Honestly... with the way the world is changing and everything that is going on.. I'd probably stop watching NFL altogether. If the Dolphins moved to another state i'd not even tune in anymore. I understand, on the business side of things you want to get the most out of your product and if Ross and Dee feel they can get it somewhere else then so be it... The truth is.. Professional football is just a game. We as fans made it into a powerhouse of a business with our own money. Football players don't save lives or build homes for less fortunate people. They just play a game with a leather ball for millions of dollars....

So, no I would not watch the game as they wouldn't be my local team any longer. I'm not really a fan of the NFL.. I'm a MIAMI Dolphins fan.
    2014 Mock Draft

1. Zack Martin - OT/OG - Notre Dame
    2. Chris Borland - ILB - Wisconsin
    3. C.J. Fiedeorowicz - TE - Iowa
    4. Trai Turner - OG - LSU
    5. Andre Williams - RB- Boston College
    6. Calvin Barnett - DT- Oklahoma State
    7. Seantrel Henderson - OT- Miami

Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Scout

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No no & no!!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks

Would you support a Miami-less Dolphins?

Quote Originally Posted by clownfish View Post
    Clueless. NFL is huge in LA. So many fans want a team here. Tons of jerseys and gear of many different teams everywhere you look during Sundays.
    Dude, that's the thing, they are fans of every other team except the LA teams. Unless the Raiders moved back, they could care less.

If LA was such a great town to support an NFL team, why have they lost THREE teams already?
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by craps View Post
    fool please , all you do is cry

your floridian fanbase can't touch LA
    Cry? About what? Being right too goddamn often?

Yo yo yo, homedawg, LA has exactly the same fanbase as Miami. They support winners and have no patience for perennial losers. Agree with that fan mindset or not, that's just hw it is. You have to know your market. They can both put up with a losing team every once in a while, but if a team isn't a legitimate contender for a championship more often than not, then they have better things to do. The Rams sucked for years and nobody went until they started competing. Once that ended, that awesome fanbase was gone again. Raiders got popular for a bit when the idiot thugbase latched on so they could pimp the black and silver look for a while, but even that died off and the team went back home.

And it's not even limited to football. Nobody even knew where the Clippers played until they started winning. Then they had to google it so they could make an appearance at the new hot ticket in town, of course, not until halftime just like Lakers fans, but they showed! Once they start to suck again, they might as well put where they play on Apple maps, because nobody will care enough to actually find it.

The football dollars in that town will continue to go to USC and UCLA until whatever team ends up there (Chargers or Raiders...again) starts winning, and only then.

Quote Quote