Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you support a Miami-less Dolphins?

1. -51
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks

Would you support a Miami-less Dolphins?

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Cry? About what? Being right too goddamn often?

Yo yo yo, homedawg, LA has exactly the same fanbase as Miami. They support winners and have no patience for perennial losers. Agree with that fan mindset or not, that's just hw it is. You have to know your market. They can both put up with a losing team every once in a while, but if a team isn't a legitimate contender for a championship more often than not, then they have better things to do. The Rams sucked for years and nobody went until they started competing. Once that ended, that awesome fanbase was gone again. Raiders got popular for a bit when the idiot thugbase latched on so they could pimp the black and silver look for a while, but even that died f and the team went back home.

And it's not even limited to football. Nobody even knew where the Clippers played until they started winning. Then they had to google it so they could make an appearance at the new hot ticket in town, of course, not until halftime just like Lakers fans, but they showed! Once they start to suck again, they might as well put where they play on Apple maps, because nobody will care enough to actually find it.

The football dollars in that town will continue to go to USC and UCLA until whatever team ends up there (Chargers or Raiders...again) starts winning, and only then.
    On point. LA is a huge front runner town.

I honestly don't think a team like the dolphins, especially if they continued to be mediocre, would be successful there. IMO, the only moves that make sense for LA would be the Chargers or a Raiders since they have established fan bases in the area.
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Connecticut
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hell yeah, I've been a fan in the 1970 up in the Northeast (Central Connecticut). It's the team I'm loyal too. If they moved to Hartford I would have season tickets in a blink of an eye. If the Florida residence can't get they act together and have a recall on this self-serving politician I sincerely hope they move the team. If you're mad at the Marlins, take it out on them.
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    Dude, that's the thing, they are fans of every other team except the LA teams. Unless the Raiders moved back, they could care less.

If LA was such a great town to support an NFL team, why have they lost THREE teams already?
    They lost their teams for EXACTLY the reason Miami might lose theirs - failure of the city to provide a decent stadium!
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by archer101 View Post
    They lost their teams for EXACTLY the reason Miami might lose theirs - failure of the city to provide a decent stadium!
    I'm sorry, but I have been to California stadiums. Sun Life stadium is nowhere CLOSE to as bad as those rundown relics of the 60s. I mean, my TV is bigger than the screen at Qualcomm. I can understand why teams would move due to those garbage dumps. Not the same situation imo
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks

I think as a life long fan in Arizona, I'd follow the team. Say Marino was there still, and the Dolphins left town, I'd follow Marino, not wait for a team to rise up sometime down the line in the city of Miami.

Marino.... Huard, Feidler, Lucas, Griese, Rosenfels, Feeley, Frerrote, Green, Culpepper, Harrington, Lemon, Beck, Thigpen, Pennington, Henne, Moore... Tannehill.

'Bout damn time!
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I root for Miami. I root for South Florida.

That's why I root for the Dolphins.

If the Dolphins aren't in Miami, neither is my interest in them if they leave.

If Miami gets another team should the Dolphins leave, that's the team that I stand behind.

Quote Quote  

7. -57
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Connecticut
    Thanks / No Thanks
    OMG that's a picture of Sean Smith's only interception! I remember that preseason game.

Hey, I would swap you New England any day of the year for the Dolphins. The Jets too
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Cry? About what? Being right too goddamn often?

Yo yo yo, homedawg, LA has exactly the same fanbase as Miami. They support winners and have no patience for perennial losers. Agree with that fan mindset or not, that's just hw it is. You have to know your market. They can both put up with a losing team every once in a while, but if a team isn't a legitimate contender for a championship more often than not, then they have better things to do. The Rams sucked for years and nobody went until they started competing. Once that ended, that awesome fanbase was gone again. Raiders got popular for a bit when the idiot thugbase latched on so they could pimp the black and silver look for a while, but even that died off and the team went back home.

And it's not even limited to football. Nobody even knew where the Clippers played until they started winning. Then they had to google it so they could make an appearance at the new hot ticket in town, of course, not until halftime just like Lakers fans, but they showed! Once they start to suck again, they might as well put where they play on Apple maps, because nobody will care enough to actually find it.

The football dollars in that town will continue to go to USC and UCLA until whatever team ends up there (Chargers or Raiders...again) starts winning, and only then.
    homedawg . . . . lmao

at least try some originality when trying to insult

and yes , , , all you do is cry . . . . proof above
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    I'm sorry, but I have been to California stadiums. Sun Life stadium is nowhere CLOSE to as bad as those rundown relics of the 60s. I mean, my TV is bigger than the screen at Qualcomm. I can understand why teams would move due to those garbage dumps. Not the same situation imo
    I have been to both Sun Life and Qualcomm and there is not much to choose between them. Sun Life has better facilities and bigger screens (dont think it is that important TBH) but the seating bowl at Qualcomm is a lot better and generates a better atmosphere and it is in a better part of town. Anyway, the point is valid - the ONLY reason that LA does not have an NFL team is that the city has been unwilling and unable to provide public money for a stadium. The moment a stadium is built, they will get a team. And if the NFL is prepared to let LA go without a team for years, they will certainly not lose any sleep over Miami.
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    I root for Miami. I root for South Florida.

That's why I root for the Dolphins.

If the Dolphins aren't in Miami, neither is my interest in them if they leave.

If Miami gets another team should the Dolphins leave, that's the team that I stand behind.
    Bingo. This is my stance.
    Quote Quote