Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you support a Miami-less Dolphins?

1. -81
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My 2 cents is there are multiple reasons why teams move and this applies to all sports and when they all converge is when it happens. Bad ownership (price gouging, not competing for top flight players, bad organizational recruitment both in the front office and on the field), Fan apathy (places where even there is a winning team on the field they just don't show see TB Rays), politics usually local guys who either want to be greased and/or just obstinate when it comes to have tax payers footing any part of the bill, there is good and bad to that part politicians shouldn't let the tax payers get hosed but they should work in conjunction with ownerships because all new/rebuilt stadiums bring in revenue for everyone, the team, local businesses, new businesses that spring because of the situation and the state by taxing all of the above it works out to good symbiotic relationship. But the one thing I do know usually a winning team usually is a cure all for all those ailments everyone loves a winner but there are exceptions look at Cubs they sell that hell hole out all the time and people still piss in troughs at that stadium and they still go. I'm from NY and the Yankees are suffering from price gouging no fans in the seats but we all know they aren't going anywhere. LA couldn't sustain teams because LA is full American immigrants and what I mean by that is LA is full of people from other places nobody is actually from LA and they bring with them their home town team allegiances even when the Rams filled the stadium it was never full of Rams fans and when the Raiders where there it was full of people who either hated them or where from Oakland. My feeling is the Dolphins are hitting one benchmark the political one and a slight fan apathy one but that is easily reversed if the Dolphins start winning Dolphins are amongst the most loyal in the world I would bet on our fanbase against any other in the friggin world and we have had a fanbase malaise because the team has been in one too. But if they get off to a good start and the kids come and stand up and the FA's are good the fans will come back Ross can do most of the renovations out of his own pocket it may not be as big as the original plans but other owners do it all the time when they lose out on public funding they ask for public funding first because it is usually there. No one goes the see the Dolphins to sit in a luxury hotel they go to see the game grab a beer and a dog and have a good time. Believe me I'm Yankee fan getting the Taj Mahal isn't all that is cracked up to be. Good Team means happy fans means no move. If they did move I would probably still follow as long as they are the Dolphins I've never even set foot in Miami I am bound to the team because i loved Marino but I do plan on making my pilgrimage to the Mecca one day I have only seen them here in NJ.
    Quote Quote  

2. -82
    What is the frequency Kenneth

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Out with your Mother
    Thanks / No Thanks
    After 38 years, sad to say. No. If they leave Miami, they really are not the dolphins anymore. They may be in name, but not being in So. Florida would change everything. I really don't like to think of it, I don't know what I would do!
    Quote Quote  

3. -83
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No I only support Miami teams
    Quote Quote  

4. -84
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No, I would stop watching football.
    Quote Quote  

5. -85
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Through the years I have missed out on a lot of things on Sunday because I had to watch the Miami Dolphins play. If they were to move I would welcome the chance to partake in these events. That being said, stay in Miami and leave me alone on Sundays!
    Quote Quote  

6. -86
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If the Dolphins left there would be another team to move here so fast. The Dolphins aren't going anywhere.
    Quote Quote  

7. -87
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Clw,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Sorry but no, I was born in Miami in 1972 and have been a Dolphins fan my whole life so it wouldn't make any sense for myself to go on being a fan of the team if they moved some where else. As for other Dolphin fans, if they were from some place other than Miami or Florida then why not I say.
    Quote Quote  

8. -88
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    Sure. Why not? I love south fla. Favorite place in the world. However, the locals have forgot how to support a franchise within the nation's best sports league.
    '

When the Fins had a loyal following, the fan base was comprised of transplanted northerners, south Florida natives, and immigrants that liked the game. We also had a winning organization.
    The demographics in south Florida has changed, and all the losing just made things worse. They don't play American football in Haiti, Cuba, Caribbean island nations, Trinidad, or other Central and south America.
    The interest level isn't the same, and there is no money for upgrading stadiums that will never sell out on a regular basis.
    It is not far fetched to think the Fins could move. I certainly hope they stay in Miami Gardens.
    The team owner will take his team to a place where he can make a profit.
    Just my .02
    Quote Quote  

9. -89
    phindoc

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This is a great question and enjoy reading all the comments. For me, it is the Miami Dolphins and it would not be the same if the team moved. I grew up in Miami in the 70's and life revolved around Dolphin games on Sunday for my family. I would sadly lose interest in the Dolphins if they moved, and would probably turn my allegiances to the local team where I live now (Titans).
    Quote Quote  

10. -90
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    If the Dolphins leave, Miami will never get another team. Guaranteed.
    That is what I find so funny for those that do not care about the stadium upgrade loss. They think another team is just going to move in down in South Florida if the Fins move. Let's see...the stadium is empty, all upgrades have to be done out of an owner's pocket while the government sits on the sidelines and the stadium is old. Yep, the NFL will be in a hurry to move down there. Get a grip folks.

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

This is certain. A winning season, sold out stadiums and a jazzed up fan base would be huge for all interested. Come on Joe!
    Quote Quote